Page 108 of 116 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1734

Ali's transitioned from 80's grunge to early 00's Natalie Imbruglia. Me mildly digging it, but only because of low expectations. #GlitteratiCompleX

BANNED

Re. the wig gig, it's only fair...

... that she snatch some of Black Canary's shtick, for a short time (HOPEfully!), since Dinah (briefly) poached her super-powered, pop star persona (pre-Rebirth).

So maybe a lil' X-pollination there, courtesy of Mr. Rosenberg. Who did in fact write an ish of the recent, sonic songstress' solo, for DC.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-03-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Spectacular Member

pre-New 52 Black Canary is one of DC greatest heroines, but I always thought the wig-thing was stupid. Like Gotham can apparently ONLY produce raven-haired heroes & heroines lmao. I was so happy when they finally just had her dye her hair to get rid of that element. I don't think anything can make me feel dark-haired Dazz. Its just so... off. Hopefully she keeps that wig on until her natural color grows back out

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    For this ALONE, Rosenberg has my UNDYING devotion! 💙💙💙

Reminds me of Kylie Minogue in her dark days

Fantastic Member

IMG_4861.jpg

This might be my new favorite Dazzler panel of all time (which is weird to say, since it's drawn by Land) but in a weird way, he draws her kind of perfectly!!!! That one panel of her saying "hell yeah" and blasting fake Betsy in the face back in the sisterhood arc and her panels in this issue here, Land gave me a couple great favorites. He did such a great job capturing the comedy on the entire issue. Rosenberg is also the perfect writer for her right now. Potty mouth Ali is my new favorite Ali. Best Dazzler since 1985 back in the outback. Possibly even better.

So happy that Ali's come back in such a fun way. Why can't this book be bi-monthly?! Personally, I don't know about anyone else on here, but I would have totally gone to the Sounds of Light and Fury nostalgia tour hands down no questions asked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 08-06-2018 at 04:10 PM.

BANNED

Good, ole ST80, has updated already:
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-06-2018 at 06:02 AM.

If she's gonna wear wigs and switch up her looks, she better bless me with a Mojo World wig

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    pre-New 52 Black Canary is one of DC greatest heroines, but I always thought the wig-thing was stupid. ... I don't think anything can make me feel dark-haired Dazz. Its just so... off. Hopefully she keeps that wig on until her natural color grows back out
    Coincidentally enough, Canary's my favorite heroine, from DC. But yeah, never liked the wig thing with her, and like it even less with Dazz. It's high time she embraced her true self, once again. It's been more than long enough, with her 'dark days'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    IMG_4861.jpg

... her panels in this issue here, Land gave me a couple great favorites. He did such a great job capturing the comedy on the entire issue. Rosenberg is also the perfect writer for her right now. Potty mouth Ali is my new favorite Ali. Best Dazzler since 1985 back in the outback. Possibly even better.

So happy that Ali's come back in such a fun way. Why can't this book be bi-monthly?! Personally, I don't know about anyone else on here, but I would have totally gone to the Sounds of Light and Fury nostalgia tour hands down no questions asked.
    HA! I love that, and agree, Land did her justice & I'm really enjoying the way Rosenberg's handling her. Can't wait to see how she progresses, and how he develops her. A big YES also, to seeing Dazz in concert, doing a tribute to her earlier dance music days - that would be SO much fun!

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Rick Leonardi!!!

Uncanny X-Men #228 Apr 1988
    "Deadly Games!"
    When word of the X-Men's demise reaches the public, an old bounty hunter reminisces about the last time he saw his dear friend, Alison Blaire.

In order to settle an old score from her past, Dazzler sets out on her own.

However, Wolverine is never one to leave a friend in need.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Rick Leonardi http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....rick_leonardi/ and Terry Austin.

BANNED

DAMN , 616MarvelYear is LeapYear! Both the beauteous visual stylings, and the narrative insight into Ali's essence, are SUPERB!! Great selection(s), in the eXcerpts you chose, and MUCH thanX!!! 8D

All-New Member

Thanks for posting my page Heroine Addict! http://tee.pub/lic/Sergetowers80
    IMG_0651.jpgIMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    Last edited by sergetowers; 08-09-2018 at 03:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sergetowers View Post
    HOLY, SergeTowers80, didn't eXpect to see you here! Thank YOU, for all the love you've shown, for Dazzler & Polaris!! AND, just the X-Men, in general:

BIG fan of your stylish work, with much respect for your passion, so I promote ya every chance I get!!!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-09-2018 at 04:20 PM.

BANNED

I thought Dazzler fans, in particular, would REALLY enjoy this:

Comic-Watch.com, REVIEW: Astonishing X-Men #14: Until Our Heart Stops (Part II)

... And the beatdown drops!

Ranking: 10/10
    Final Thought:
    The band is back together with a lead singer! The team promised on the covers finally joins up and kicks some evil robot butt thanks to the addition of Dazzler to the team. The overall theme seems to be that the X-Men involved in the story might be down and on hard times but can still pull it together to destroy that disco. But Disco never dies!!! The artwork of Land is amazing, the story is compellingly self-aware. Will Dazzler take over leadership of the team from incompetent Havok? Stay tuned
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-10-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Dazzler and her wig will be in Uncanny