Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I was relieved when Mystique replaced her. Her initial appearance was too fascist in tone for me and I was afraid I was looking at another Bendis/Wanda style treatment.
    Alison was never given a chance to fulfill her role. The job was very new to her. Given enough time. Dazzler could had a truce between the revolution and S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Raven happened
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I look forward to the beating Alison better put on Mystique.
    Again we will see. Mystique lately has been given the mary sue treatment imo. A convient escape every time someone wants to get revenge or retribution. Dazzler maybe the exception. I'm not holding my breath.

I was relieved when Mystique replaced her. Her initial appearance was too fascist in tone for me and I was afraid I was looking at another Bendis/Wanda style treatment.
    Bendis promised to use Dazzler in a big way. Then replaced the character with Mystique ASAP. A Mystique disguised as Dazzler is not using the character in a big way imo. This is coming from a guy who is more of a fan of Mystique than Dazzler.

Alison was never given a chance to fulfill her role. The job was very new to her. Given enough time. Dazzler could had a truce between the revolution and S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Raven happened
    Agreed and seconded. Made worse by the usual trope of X-men not noticing the difference. With the way Mystique trolls the X-men you think they would get better at noticing when she replaces a teammate imo.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-06-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

I worry when ever Bendis gets his hand on a character I like. The man is a wrecking ball and he plays favorites. Dazzler's been mistreated by the government, she shouldn't switch sides an become the one who mistreats. It's far easier to see Mystique mistreating someone in the kind of games she plays.

Ultimate Member

[QUOTE=sureshot;169872]Again we will see. Mystique lately has been given the mary sue treatment imo. A convient escape every time someone wants to get revenge or retribution. Dazzler maybe the exception. I'm not holding my breath.

Bendis promised to use Dazzler in a big way. Then replaced the character with Mystique ASAP. A Mystique disguised as Dazzler is not using the character in a big way imo. This is coming from a guy who is more of a fan of Mystique than Dazzler.

Agreed and seconded. Made worse by the usual trope of X-men not noticing the difference. With the way Mystique trolls the X-men you think they would get better at noticing when she replaces a teammate imo.[/QUOTE

I'm not sure that I'd consider Marvel removing any kind of complexity or dimension from her character in favor of turning into a mustache-twirling sociopath to be "giving her the Mary Sue treatment."

Never understand why she even joined the team if Rogue was on it. She should have just walked away like Carol did.

In that particular storyline (The Mutant Massacre), she really didn't have much of a choice. The Marauders were targeting all the associates of the X-MEN and Dazz had been possessed by Malice before the X-MEN could warn her. The X-MEN were called to a club where Dazz ( Malice) was tearin sh*t up. After they joined up to beat Malice, Dazz , free of Malice's influence , decided to take the X-MEN up on their offer of " safety in numbers" instead of continuing to be a target on her own. During her time as a core member of the team (from #214 all the way thru the Outback era) , she had to deal with all kind of stuff that made me fall in love with her as a character. The Rogue situation ( which was beautifully resolved in Uncanny 221- 222) , falling in love with Longshot, not feeling as though she fit in with " real heroes" , battling the Fantastic Four AND Avengers , still wanting to sing , having to go into hiding after The Fall of The Mutants and being "reborn" through the Seige Perilous. It was some great character development for Ali. Hopefully, we'll get to see some good stuff ( or badass stuff), for her coming up in Uncanny.
    Last edited by O.REDD; 06-07-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Don't start none...won't be none.

BANNED

How was her situation with Rogue resolved?

I can see her wanting some safety, but then being with the X-men is hard safe. Safer maybe than being alone, but hardly what you'd call safe. I've always thought the tragedy of the character is that she only wanted to be a singer and despite her great voice that's the one thing that she'll never be. That's why I objected to her as a SHIELD agent, it just doesn't fit, especially the way Bendis wrote her that first time.

Quote Originally Posted by O.REDD View Post

In that particular storyline (The Mutant Massacre), she really didn't have much of a choice. The Marauders were targeting all the associates of the X-MEN and Dazz had been possessed by Malice before the X-MEN could warn her. The X-MEN were called to a club where Dazz ( Malice) was tearin sh*t up. After they joined up to beat Malice, Dazz , free of Malice's influence , decided to take the X-MEN up on their offer of " safety in numbers" instead of continuing to be a target on her own. During her time as a core member of the team (from #214 all the way thru the Outback era) , she had to deal with all kind of stuff that made me fall in love with her as a character. The Rogue situation ( which was beautifully resolved in Uncanny 221- 222) , falling in love with Longshot, not feeling as though she fit in with " real heroes" , battling the Fantastic Four AND Avengers , still wanting to sing , having to go into hiding after The Fall of The Mutants and being "reborn" through the Seige Perilous. It was some great character development for Ali. Hopefully, we'll get to see some good stuff ( or badass stuff), for her coming up in Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm not sure that I'd consider Marvel removing any kind of complexity or dimension from her character in favor of turning into a mustache-twirling sociopath to be "giving her the Mary Sue treatment."
    Agreed about removing her complexity and making the character like 99% of the villains in the Marvel Universe. What i mean by the Mary Sue Treatment is that the character escapes all the time. I'm all for compatent villains that plan long term for everything. With Mystique it's reached unbelivable levels imo. She disguised herself as a security guard to torment Wolverine. Had her hand cut off. Changed back into her regular form. Lo and behold a window just happens to be nearby for the character to escape with. Amazing X-men 5 or 6 I think we see a motorcycle left out in the open in one panel. Lo and behold who steals it to escape Mystique. Coming back to the topic at hand. I don't think Dazzler will get any revenge or retribution. Despite all the Anka art suggesting otherwise. As one again lo and behold the writers will find some contrivied way to make Mystique escape. I'm a fan of Mystique make no mistake yet the characters appearences in comics is boring stale and predictable. One can easily anticipate what the character will do. Having a character win all the time makes for a uninteresting one.

How was her situation with Rogue resolved?
    It's been awhile since i read my older X-men yet they become friends and loyal teammates after fighting a enemy together. It was Marauders I think.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-07-2014 at 09:27 PM.

I've been very unhappy with the whole Dazzler / SHIELD plot. I do not see her ever doing that. Nor joining them. I prefer her powerful and leader quality, as in the post Siege Perilous stories in the Australian desert or with her British team mates or in recent alternate X-Men timeline stories.

Some people maybe do not know her full history. She is powerful, experienced and wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post

It's been awhile since i read my older X-men yet they become friends and loyal teammates after fighting a enemy together. It was Marauders I think.
    They save each other when they are trapped under the ocean by Malice. It really was a wonderful issue how they make up.

That's exactly it. Thank for posting the panels PIC. I feel old. Was I in high school when I read that.

Do you really think Alison would have done any of that under Bendis? It was kind of a relief Mystique took her spot, because she was completely written recklessly out of character in that SHIELD issue. There is no way she would enslave and interrogate a young mutant, and I also have no idea why she would be against Scott. I agree with the fact that she was headed down a very dark character assassination chapter had Bendis continued to use the real Alison Blaire as an Agent of SHIELD. (Just like Wanda Maximoff suffered permanently under him.)

Have they ever revealed why Mystique took her place in the first place? What kind of plan does she have working with SHIELD?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Have they ever revealed why Mystique took her place in the first place? What kind of plan does she have working with SHIELD?
    The answer to the first question is no. As usual no one and I mean no one notices anything out of place. Except for Magneto. Only because he found and rescued her. I give credit where credit is due and Mystique is the best shapeshifter on the planet. Yet no one seems to notice the change in character and attitude of Dazzler.

Second question to take down Shield. Not sure if she can or if it even makes sense for Mystique to do so. Makes about as much sense as Mystique suddenly acquiring a need to get money.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    The answer to the first question is no. As usual no one and I mean no one notices anything out of place. Except for Magneto. Only because he found and rescued her. I give credit where credit is due and Mystique is the best shapeshifter on the planet. Yet no one seems to notice the change in character and attitude of Dazzler.

Second question to take down Shield. Not sure if she can or if it even makes sense for Mystique to do so. Makes about as much sense as Mystique suddenly acquiring a need to get money.
    Well maybe its possible she is trying to use her form as Ali undercover to bring down the sentinel program that SHIELD has created. Also it was revealed she got all that money to buy out Madripoor to make it another Utopia for Mutants.

After Alison gets out of this crap, I really want her to rebuild her life as a musician and entertainer. I would love for that House of M reality of her come true with her becoming the first mutant talk show host.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Just been amusing myself looking at all the cos playing man-dazzlers, (needs a better name), when I found this. Too pretty not to share; by Paolo Rivera.
    image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    They save each other when they are trapped under the ocean by Malice. It really was a wonderful issue how they make up.

Rogue's been very lucky with her choice of victims, both have had good enough hearts not to hate her.