Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan View Post
    A walkman is tsill smarter than saying an Ipod, Ipad which are notr all the music player in the wolrd (and thanks god for that).
    I respectfully disagree as it's not smarter actually imo. If anything it portraying Dazzler and by extension Bendis as being out of touch with current trends and technology. Given how Dazzler likes music and the industry around it she would be up to date. Almost no one I know of the younger generation knows what a Walkman is. I don't use one anymore and if I did those of my generation would be wondering why the hell I would still be using something so old and dated. While I get your point. Your still not showing me why Bendis cringe worthy pop culture jokes and references are of any benefit towards Dazzler character development. If she must use older technology strap a few speakers to the Blackbird fly it to Madripoor. Crank the volume up and give Mystique and her gang a dose of her own medicine. A walkman really has not enough power to make Dazzler scary imo. At least not unless Bendis writes and the artist portrays it that way. Nor does a character wearing one look at all intimidating imo. Same thing could be said of a ipod and ipad. Yet I worry that Dazzler is going to be the victim of some jokes on the part of Mystique and her gang because of it.

I'm still skeptical about Dazzler getting any revenge.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-16-2014 at 05:59 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rogue's been very lucky with her choice of victims, both have had good enough hearts not to hate her.
    I completely agree. XD

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I respectfully disagree as it's not smarter actually imo. If anything it portraying Dazzler and by extension Bendis as being out of touch with current trends and technology. Given how Dazzler likes music and the industry around it she would be up to date. Almost no one I know of the younger generation knows what a Walkman is. I don't use one anymore and if I did those of my generation would be wondering why the hell I would still be using something so old and dated. While I get your point. Your still not showing me why Bendis cringe worthy pop culture jokes and references are of any benefit towards Dazzler character development. If she must use older technology strap a few speakers to the Blackbird fly it to Madripoor. Crank the volume up and give Mystique and her gang a dose of her own medicine. A walkman really has not enough power to make Dazzler scary imo. At least not unless Bendis writes and the artist portrays it that way. Nor does a character wearing one look at all intimidating imo. Same thing could be said of a ipod and ipad. Yet I worry that Dazzler is going to be the victim of some jokes on the part of Mystique and her gang because of it.

I'm still skeptical about Dazzler getting any revenge.
    I'm sorry to say that I agree with you. Ali totally deserves to get her heat back but it's doubtful it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I agree with you. Ali totally deserves to get her heat back but it's doubtful it will happen.
    It might happen yet lately Mystique seems to be a favored character with the writers for some odd reason imo. So I will see it when I beleive it.

Ali needs to kill Mystique. Actually someone does.

Hey Dazzler fans! I am a huge fan of Ali's and I hope she gets serious redemption.

I wanted to share this sketch from Tomo. Not sure if it was already posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ali needs to kill Mystique. Actually someone does.
    Considering that once again Mystique was written escaping at the last minute in Uncanny 22. I remain as usual skeptical. I called it awhile back. But man to be proven right and how poorly it was done. No one except Maria Hill notices Dazzler escaping. When will the writers get that fans don't like favored characters being able to do anything and everything all the time. It gets boring and stale. The preview for Uncanny 23 is no better. It shows Dazzler possibly finding out that Mystique is close by and can't touch her. That or the character is going to be portrayed as randomly losing it every now and then imo.

That being said while I want Dazzler to get revenge I don't want Mystique killed of either. I like the character. One of the better characters in the X-universe. Even if with the possibly exception of Liu the writers have ruined her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    Thank you so much. That one was done at the request of eurazn. The greatest pop divas in the Greatest. Concert. EVER.
    So you take requests, eh? Hmm...

Your Deviantart is always a joy to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    So you take requests, eh? Hmm...

Your Deviantart is always a joy to visit.
    From a friend, every once in awhile. Thank you so much.

I was trying to branch out in both style and subject, but I'm pretty sure the Dazzler redesigns are going to keep coming after this mess...

Kris Anka Is Dead To Me

I'm sure quite a few will squeal over excitement, while many will snicker at what feels like yet another jab at Dazzler's image. I hate it with a fiery passion.

Spectacular Member

I replied in the other thread about how I was so OVER the need for pretty/feminine characters to be turned into trainwreck butches to be taken seriously as bad@$$ heroines & that darkening their hair to show how darkened their outlook has become is really on the nose, but the post was deleted. Not sure why -- this post may be deleted as well.

But yeah -- I HATE it. We did not need Ultimate Dazzler in 616. It also makes no sense for her to pull an image overhaul/downgrade because she's never been one of those annoying needy types that had to broadcast their inner turmoil through drastic image changes (well, barring NEX... where it also made no sense). I was looking forward to Dazzler cutting a fool over this Mystique crap, but the image change is soooo unnecessary. Lame. Do not like. Very disappointed.

Disgusting! This is equally as horrendous as NEX Dazzler. One of the worst redesigns ever!

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I can take the distressed outfit, I can take the god awful ankle boots, but that hair is like a harpoon to my soul.
    I could even handle that hair style if it were blonde, but there is no reason Ali would ever dye her hair black. She wears wigs, she doesn't mess with a genetic touchdown of naturally blonde hair.

***and by "take" I mean only bitch slightly
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    I replied in the other thread about how I was so OVER the need for pretty/feminine characters to be turned into trainwreck butches to be taken seriously as bad@$$ heroines & that darkening their hair to show how darkened their outlook has become is really on the nose, but the post was deleted. Not sure why -- this post may be deleted as well.

But yeah -- I HATE it. We did not need Ultimate Dazzler in 616. It also makes no sense for her to pull an image overhaul/downgrade because she's never been one of those annoying needy types that had to broadcast their inner turmoil through drastic image changes (well, barring NEX... where it also made no sense). I was looking forward to Dazzler cutting a fool over this Mystique crap, but the image change is soooo unnecessary. Lame. Do not like. Very disappointed.
    Cannot express how much I agree with you here.

That's a horrible design. Just horrendous.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 06-20-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    That's a horrible design. Just horrendous.
    It's NEW EXCALIBUR all over again