Page 36 of 116 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I'm actually fine with the dual-tone hair at this point. it's actually kind of original compared to a lot of the other major Marvel heroines so it definitely gives her a unique distinction in the pantheon. Which to me is more important and considerate of the character than just having her look "pretty". i just wish that they could find a happy medium by at least letting her switch up her costumery within an iconic guideline of what her look happens to be at the moment. She's the Heroine that's visually expressive like that. She plays with her look. That's part of the Dazzler schtick.

It's fine if they want her to be all punky-whateverthefcuk Dazzler, i've come to terms with it. But it's still Dazzler, she would have already shown up ion a variant of her punk look by now. Which is why I think it's nice when artists do reinterpret her design, take her current look and play with it. Anka's design now serve's as a kind of gauntlet to be thrown down as a challenge for other artist's in a way. It begs "TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT REDESIGNING THIS MESS" and canonically it would serve the character to look different all the time, costume wise. That's why they need at least the dual color hair tone, the eye makeup, the starburst emblem. iconic signifiers of the character despite whatever translation the current artist makes of what she's shown up to the fray wearing, that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    From the What If? Infinity Inhumans. Decent read. She plays a pivotal and powerful role... Obviously, as it is an AU/What If? tale and not in the 616.

Attachment 27620
    Why does she have an eyepatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    Why does she have an eyepatch?
    Her eye is fine. In that uni eyepatches are de rigueur.

It's never explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    From the What If? Infinity Inhumans. Decent read. She plays a pivotal and powerful role... Obviously, as it is an AU/What If? tale and not in the 616.

Attachment 27620
    Surprised that didnt kill her

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Anyone else wondering how they are going to address the terrigen poisoning in AForce?
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Is Dazzler film rights with Marvel Studios I really think she's the top choice other than Cable Mystique or Magneto for a solo film

Double post. Or what the heck. Continuing the Jem + Dazzler theme, have you folks seen this wonderful little piece by Bill Walko?

Last edited by Confuzzled; 10-30-2015 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Anyone else wondering how they are going to address the terrigen poisoning in AForce?
    Yes, and while I'm unsure how they'll handle it eXactly, I do hope they'll address it properly & with respect. If it's flippant in manner, in any way, it would be an insult to Dazzler's character & her historical status as a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Is Dazzler film rights with Marvel Studios I really think she's the top choice other than Cable Mystique or Magneto for a solo film
    I don't believe so, but do think it's possible that the rights eXist in some sort of gray area (similar to that of Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch), probably thanX to her solo series mostly (if so). But Alison has operated outside of the X-realm & mingled with the MU proper, more than most her mutant colleagues have, I would say.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-01-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Seeing how her rights may exist in the gray area and how she is currently operating away from the X-Men, she is pretty vulnerable to the "unmutation" that has been going around as of late among the fringe mutants.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I got my first commission this weekend from an incredible artist named Ben Harvey and OF COURSE it was Dazzler. I have to scan it to show you all! I originally stopped by his table because of this breathtaking Emma sketch in his book.

(Warning: Both links are Facebook)
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Count Sara Pichelli among the 2.5 or so artists who have been able to sell the Dark Dazzler look.

kinda sad my favorite era of dazzler's was greg land but psylocke/dazzler/northstar were fun

What if Dazzler was a punk rocker?

The art for this one is by David Jacob Duke

Edit: Haha Juan, beat me to it by just a second!

Frankly though, all these other interpretations of Punk Dazzler are head and shoulders above Anka's redesign.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-20-2015 at 10:25 AM.