Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Wasn't a fan of the last X-Treme but it was better than was is now hapening to her. There, at least, she had a voice. Now?... Eh... Please, free her finally. And kick Mystique's butt.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

I'm hoping Bendis isn't just being a troll. He doesn't have the best track record in his Avengers books of treating "b-level" females very well.

take Tigra, for example. he had her shot and severely beaten, had her family threatened, cut off from the source of her powers, got knocked up by a Skrull, had her child stolen for genetic testing.....and that was where Bendis left her. He basically wrote NO redemption arc for the character. Luckily Christos Gage picked her up for Avengers Academy, but who knows if Dazzler will be so lucky to have another writer immediately pick her up when Bendis is through?

on the other hand.....Bendis revitalized both Spider-Woman and Mockingbird. so there's hope there, at least.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Bendis's Dazzler revenge issue needs to be epic. I wish he could borrow Opena for the issue. I hope when Dazzler will have a "wiggle your big toe" moment before she unleashed dazzling hell on Mystique.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by O.REDD View Post
    And look what happened to that...Right.

This look was so epic. Pak's run on XXM was awesome!

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

Pak tweeting Gillen about Dazzler is amazing but....GETTING GILLEN'S FULL DAZZLER SERIES PITCH ON TOP OF IT?! I don't think my brain can handle it....WHY IN GOD'S NAME DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN?!?!

When Kieron Gillen’s Dazzler Pitch Was On The Dark Side Of The Moon

aside from seemingly being pink-haired NEX Dazzler, this sounds brilliant and pitch-perfect for the character. Exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see Dazzler do.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 05-06-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Felt pretentious to me, but being over-analytical and sometimes cynical probably factored highly in my interpretation.

I enjoy a lot of his writing (including the Manifest Destiny story) but I was not impressed with his stint on UXM, particularly Dazzler's role (or lack thereof).

EDIT: Re-read it. Don't LUUURVE it, but I like it better.
    Last edited by Lightengale; 05-06-2014 at 06:10 PM.

For anyone that still gives a ****...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52830

Is this arc primarily about the reading of Xavier's will and the secrets it holds? Or are there other things going on as well?

There's a few other things going on. We're still following the repercussions of the X-Men's fierce battle against S.H.I.E.L.D. and everything that happened there with Maria Hill. We'll also be following the storyline of Mystique and Sabretooth and what they've been up to. And expect Dazzler's role in the X-books to take a dramatic change towards the unexpected.
    I expect her to wake up and kick ass, soooo... Yeah.

Lol. At this point I will believe it when i see it.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Pak tweeting Gillen about Dazzler is amazing but....GETTING GILLEN'S FULL DAZZLER SERIES PITCH ON TOP OF IT?! I don't think my brain can handle it....WHY IN GOD'S NAME DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN?!?!

When Kieron Gillen’s Dazzler Pitch Was On The Dark Side Of The Moon

aside from seemingly being pink-haired NEX Dazzler, this sounds brilliant and pitch-perfect for the character. Exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see Dazzler do.
    I am completely willing and able to treat that Gillen pitch as official head-cannon.

As with pretty much all elements of X-Men, Bendis is squandering the chance to tell good stories with Dazzler. I know he talks a big talk about being a fan of hers, but even Spider-Woman really only got a Skrull replacement arc and some talking-head-in-the-corner-of-panel time thanks to Bendis's attention. Jessica Jones aside, his track record with positive changes for female characters is close to nil, if not for bringing Ms. Marvel back to relevance.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Lol. At this point I will believe it when i see it.
    Me too. Chances are good that Mystique will escape any revenge. As soon as Dazzler tries to attack her Mystique will suddenly jump out a conviently placed window. What would be truly unexpected would be Dazzler joining Mystique team. If it does as long as they give her a good reason. Tied to a bed and not having the character get revenge is not something that is unexpected imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    For anyone that still gives a ****...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52830

I expect her to wake up and kick ass, soooo... Yeah.
    Unexpected eh...

Well she does apparently become president in the future. Perhaps something political? Some Shield-men faction post-will going all revenge on Mystique?

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Looking forward to the "unexpected" turn for Ali. I am guessing they mean unexpected by the haters by how bad ass she will be. Also I could see her joining Uncanny after the prisoner thing as a revolutionary. Her going "dark" would be unexpected.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Where should Alison go after her beat down on Mystique?
    Road trippin ' with Kurt! <3 Under Claremont's pen!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Looking forward to the "unexpected" turn for Ali. I am guessing they mean unexpected by the haters by how bad ass she will be. Also I could see her joining Uncanny after the prisoner thing as a revolutionary. Her going "dark" would be unexpected.
    Anka had posted a panel from the issue of Dazzler in a mirror all tooth gritting and manga looking with her hail all in her face and mascara running down her face. The picture looked like she will get darker(at least as dark as Anka can portray) probably fully mutant "Punisher" for all that drank her MGH. If Bachalo really is staying as main artist I hope he gets to draw her retribution and not the fill-in artist.
    Calling my guess though, she is going to become an anti-mutant hunter.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

oooo I will have to look for that image. Thank you, Daymare.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.