Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Damn dude, that artist makes the new DAZZLER look pop! Hoping that as her character evolves in this series, her new look becomes more and more iconic. Good job creative team.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Good turn for Ali in AForce 5 today. I'm really enjoying this series.

She is confirmed as being affected by the mists, I wondered if they'd bring it up. Between the Mystique stuff and now this, girl has had a rough time of it.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Damn dude, that artist makes the new DAZZLER look pop! Hoping that as her character evolves in this series, her new look becomes more and more iconic. Good job creative team.
    her current design is not intended to last long

Quote Originally Posted by ben c View Post
    I love the current design actually, I think it would be perfect if it was blue since that's her theme color(I guess?). So... I hope the next one is blue!

Quote Originally Posted by ben c View Post
    What the what??? This is baiting, flagrant as hell. And I'm not even mad at it. #bringallthelooks #AliBlaireoutfitmontage #whatdivainspiredhernewcostume #glamrock #stewing

BTW expect a reaction video by me to be posted when ya'll drop the new look. make it a thing, like Yonce dropping lemonade.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 05-04-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Just to be clear, there are no plans for Dazzler to be getting some drastically different look, just that this look will be evolving a bit as Dazzler goes on this emotional journey coming to terms with what has happened to her and moving on/forward.

But TBH, I'd have her keep this look (and Ben drawing her) forever if I had my way.

Lol. Kelly I live for you coming in and putting out fires in these boards, guhr. It's OK. I would freak out even if you changed the laces on her boots. It's a decent design and we love it.

Get Cozy honey, don't worry. Loosen up and post whatever feels right. These are the days you don't have to deal with Novaya Havoc anymore, and the fans love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Just to be clear, there are no plans for Dazzler to be getting some drastically different look, just that this look will be evolving a bit as Dazzler goes on this emotional journey coming to terms with what has happened to her and moving on/forward.

But TBH, I'd have her keep this look (and Ben drawing her) forever if I had my way.
    Does that mean she'll start to dress and act a bit more like her "old self"?

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Thanks <3

I'm really glad you guys are liking the book. A lot of love is going into it.

I don't think when you've gone through what Ali has been through there's any such thing as going back to an "old self" but there is a way to move forward and reach for the better/lighter you. Rage is a thing that burns out...it can't last so you gotta look for something else. So yeah, things that are happening in Ali's life right now that are naturally pushing her in that direction. We saw her already go for a lighter look here than in the previous arc...and if she changes some more she may feel like changing her look to reflect that. Also, pop stars (former or existing) never keep the same look.

Thanks <3

I'm really glad you guys are liking the book. A lot of love is going into it.

I don't think when you've gone through what Ali has been through there's any such thing as going back to an "old self" but there is a way to move forward and reach for the better/lighter you. Rage is a thing that burns out...it can't last so you gotta look for something else. So yeah, things that are happening in Ali's life right now that are naturally pushing her in that direction. We saw her already go for a lighter look here than in the previous arc...and if she changes some more she may feel like changing her look to reflect that. Also, pop stars (former or existing) never keep the same look.
    Yeah, I think you're right. With old self just meant the time she was happier and brighter. And yeah, we could see that with Taylor Swift looking darker than normal at the Met, I guess she's getting ready to play the punk Dazzler(not really, I actually don't like that casting! lol).

I have a feeling it's gonna be a wild, emotionally challenging ride, and one of the more interesting Marvel development plots for character. I'm just glad it's Ali that's finally getting this treatment and by people who seem to actually care.

An interview with Ben Caldwell where he discusses his thoughts on the evolution of characters' designs while he's on A-FORCE and some design sketches.
    http://www.newsarama.com/29133-redac...a-force-5.html

"Dazzler's design was simply an extrapolation of her current look, and trying to reflect where she is in her life right now. I also looked into a lot of styling reference from the late ‘70’s and ‘80’s. Not only was that the original inspiration for Dazzler, but that was an interesting point where a lot of musical acts were moving from a raw DIY feel to something more sleek. It seemed like a natural fit for Dazzler, both for her origins and her current situation, and I've done several designs for her that range from the current punk style to something brighter and more light-oriented. And blue-r."

Yay, I'm happy that Ali is seguing from her Jagged Little Pill phase to something lighter and sleeker. Love how Kelly T. and Ben C. are perfectly marrying her emotional journey with her visual stylings. It's a really interesting form of narrative that Marvel hasn't tackled before, despite Dazzler's pop artist roots.

And Kelly, can we look forward to you using your songwriting magic for Alison in the near future?

Well, I read A-Force #5, and spoilers:
    Dazzler is being affected by the Terrigen Mist, but don't want to tell the team. Only the Ali Thor knows.
    end of spoilers I'm really glad they didn't just ignored that like nothing was happening right know on the MU and X-Books, so kudos for Kelly.

BANNED

I can't stand it when other so called X Men fans tend to. Talk trash about characters like Dazzler even longshot.

Back in 1986 to 1987 Dazzler fought in battles. She did more than light show tricks at her concerts.

She was in battles at Wolverines side along with Longshot and Rogue most of the time