Page 59 of 116 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Would like Ali to be on Scemma's team again. But this time, actually be an integral part of the proceedings/not be written by Bendis.
    you are thinking TOO SMALL Confuzzled! Dazzler is the OG Outsider/ Insider in the X:Men Universe. Hell, the Marvel U. Did you se how other female led stories of recent years have cannabalized her book? So many of the themes of a wonderful Dazzler story have shown up in so many "personal life first/ Superher'oing second" books over the years that Marvel owes Homegirl a check! Marvel should just get it together and let her lead her own series of wild ass stories. Hell, Black Canary's Book is basically an homage to a dazzler Book over in DC. Marvel should show them how it's done. for real.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    you are thinking TOO SMALL Confuzzled! Dazzler is the OG Outsider/ Insider in the X:Men Universe. Hell, the Marvel U. Did you se how other female led stories of recent years have cannabalized her book? So many of the themes of a wonderful Dazzler story have shown up in so many "personal life first/ Superher'oing second" books over the years that Marvel owes Homegirl a check! Marvel should just get it together and let her lead her own series of wild ass stories. Hell, Black Canary's Book is basically an homage to a dazzler Book over in DC. Marvel should show them how it's done. for real.
    Oh trust me when I say that I would gladly write Marvel a Dazzler book and Fox a script for an Alison Blaire picture, completely free of cost.

Until I get those chances though, I only dare to expect the least

this felt Dazzlery

Debbie H. is the midway demarcation between Lila and Alison.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Debbie H. is the midway demarcation between Lila and Alison.
    She's the best template for the NuDazzler model. I'd prefer to see my girl represented as GlamRock but if she has to be 'punk' i prefer classic Debbie nuwave/disco punk to the Mattel Barbie Punk going on now. like they should at least put a black steak in her pink. platinum hair, tbh.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I want her out of the Punk look ASAP.
    I understand why it was done, I don't agree with it at all, but I understand. Now I want her back to her pop look. With A Force being no more, hopefully when she reappears she will be re-set to her pop idol look.
    Though if they use her in IvX she will still be NuDazzler... I just hope she doesn't die in the crossover, which is my mantra for every single crossover ever. Seriously.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Dazzler: The Movie (Marvel Graphic Novel #12)

Alison Blaire (AKA The Dazzler) is an ally of the X-Men with the mutant power to transform sound into light, which she uses to create a spectacular stage show to accompany her singing performances.
    This soap-opera-esque graphic novel follows her ill-fated romance with Hollywood celebrity Roman Nekoboh, a co-star in her first movie, and his public outing of her as a mutant.

By Jim Shooter, Frank Springer and Vince Colletta.
    http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-jim-shooter/
    I still own this and have wondered since I was a kid if Roman Nekoboh was supposed to be Frank Sinatra.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I still own this and have wondered since I was a kid if Roman Nekoboh was supposed to be Frank Sinatra.
    yeah. a Frank Sinatra-esque figure for sure. Anyhow, this series and Beauty and the Beast were So ahead of their time, and yeah even though they were kinds of problematic times for Alison, and as comics, independently as well- I kind of love this period in the character's history. The meteoric fall of a star, all of the issues she had to deal with, BUT WASN'T- it was the most humanizing thing that could have happened to the character and it made for an interesting road for her to follow. I know "Following Paths" is a trope in the series, but These two graphic novels really cemented it as such. She was the first super hero character to have actual fallout of her career, personal and private life, which had been VERY private before her outing as a mutant and her descent into drug use. She had the tabloid noteriety of mid 2000's La Lohan in the MU, and being able to see her wrench herself from that trainwreck of her life is what's hard-assed inspiring about her. She's her own goddamn hero of her own f***ed up life and that's what will always make me a Dazzler fan Por Vida. layers, baby. Underneath all that glamour, is a lot of grit, which covers some dirt, that is scattered over some pure rays of radiant light.

double post.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 11-25-2016 at 07:18 PM.

WHen UR DAZZLER and U ARE being chased by PURIFIERS?MOBSTERS and UR LOW ON JUICE AND UR IN AND ALLEY AND the GOONS TELL YOU UR AbouT to GET DRAGGED AND WASTED AND THat they KNOW YOu got NO MORE TRICKS UP UR SLEEVE

this felt dazzlery

BANNED

So, A-Force in its most recent incarnation, has come & gone. Do you think it will get relaunched, and if so, do you think Alison will be part of it?

Or do you think she'll return to the X-books in some form or fashion, in IvX perhaps & then a lil' later in ResurrXion, once it gets going?

If not either of those, will it be the MU at large, in some new & different team book?... A solo?!... Hope it's not limbo again, that will crap the bed, and REALLY be disappointing.

Anyway, while some of you may have voted already, just in case you didn't - Poll: Which of These MIA Mutants Would You Like to See In ResurrXion?

... please, PLEASE do! It's multiple choice, so don't be shy, if you're so inclined. BTW, Ali's doing pretty good... but could use your help to do even better!

I want to see her in a solo series by Christina Strain and Babs Tarr, or another really amazing dynamic team! She deserves it!

Otherwise I wanna see homegirl become the X-Men's "Big Gun" laser/ beam blaster now that Cyclops is gone and take a more proactive lead in the books...

Either that or she should be dating her way through Marvel U. I wanna see what tail she can pull to get to sub for her out of the stable of superheroes. >

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    So, A-Force in its most recent incarnation, has come & gone. Do you think it will get relaunched, and if so, do you think Alison will be part of it?

Or do you think she'll return to the X-books in some form or fashion, in IvX perhaps & then a lil' later in ResurrXion, once it gets going?

If not either of those, will it be the MU at large, in some new & different team book?... A solo?!... Hope it's not limbo again, that will crap the bed, and REALLY be disappointing.

Anyway, while some of you may have voted already, just in case you didn't - Poll: Which of These MIA Mutants Would You Like to See In ResurrXion?

... please, PLEASE do! It's multiple choice, so don't be shy, if you're so inclined. BTW, Ali's doing pretty good... but could use your help to do even better!
    The X-titles have been announced and out of what we are getting, I dont really see her fitting into any of the books. MAYBE X-men Gold but not for a while

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    this felt dazzlery
    from the x-men anime?