Page 63 of 116 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Anyone else enjoying the spotlight Ali is getting presently?
    I think she is getting more attention after taking Black Bolt down than she did when Bendis did the horrible re-design.

I'm finding it hysterical that some of the Inhuman fans or Black Bolt bros can't believe she did it even though the guy who has been in charge of Black Bolt for three years wrote the issue. I mean...So funny.

Hopefully she will survive the event and show up on an unannounced team book.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Arent she and Medusa teammates on A-Force? What is their relationship like? I cant imagine them continuing on the same team after IvX

Their relationship was contentious to say the least. A lot of shade being thrown by Dazzler toward Medusa. They seemed to get along better toward the end of the run, but only after Ali revealed she had the MPox from the cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Their relationship was contentious to say the least. A lot of shade being thrown by Dazzler toward Medusa. They seemed to get along better toward the end of the run, but only after Ali revealed she had the MPox from the cloud.
    thanks. How is Ali not dead if she's infected? Does she show signs of sickness? How has it affected her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thanks. How is Ali not dead if she's infected? Does she show signs of sickness? How has it affected her?
    Sunspot is infected as well and he isn't dead. M-Pox isn't an instant death sentence; it affects each mutant differently, which is apparently why curing it has been so difficult.

She has a rash/pox on her stomach and other parts of her body I think.
    Hasn't affected her much other than the rash/pox and her outlook on life. She's had a rough time of it lately.

Spectacular Member

I was happy with her brief appearance in IvsX #1 & looking back at the Hellfire Club woman from IvsX #0 that we now know was her. Emma is another of my favorite X-women so them teaming up made me happy.

I'll be happier when we have some kind of idea of what is going to happen with her after IvsX ends. Not sure if I should be concerned about her surviving -- we know the event ends with Emma vs Medusa, but I'm wondering if Dazzler will be utilized to keep Black Bolt at bay/imprisoned. Resurrexion seems like a whole lot of old hat so far. Teen O5, Mutant Massacre team 2.0, villains on X-force. Not impressed with the reveals so far for the X-verse.

#SawThisBefore #LegacyVirus #Unoriginal
    #BitterOldXMenFan

LOL
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

Anyone else enjoying the spotlight Ali is getting presently?...
    YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    I was happy with her brief appearance in IvsX #1...

I'll be happier when we have some kind of idea of what is going to happen with her after IvsX ends. ...
    ... Hopefully she will... show up on an unannounced team book.
    That pretty much sums it up for me, I LOVED her appearance in IvX #1, and am hoping there will be more to follow. But like Tetragene said, I REALLY want to know if, when, & where, she'll be showing up in ResurrXion. And just like Thom suggested, my greatest wish is that she's included as a member of an unannounced team book, and joined by some of the other significant MIA X-characters.

BTW, here's a redesign I did for Dazz, that I've been messin' around with over the last few days:

... what do you think?! I started with Polaris, and settling on a final look for her that I'm mostly happy with, took like 3 tries or more. I'm kinda likin' Ali's right off the bat though, other than maybe it being a bit too busy, and possibly altering the hair and/or eye makeup some. Any feedback & input from her fans here, would be much appreciated, so please feel free.

Also, while I know Lorna & Jean's origin stories pretty well, with Alison it's not so much. Could someone please enlighten me? When & how did her powers first manifest? What was her childhood like? I know about her sister, Lois, but what about the rest of her family? What issues can I find all this in? Once again, any info y'all can provide would be greatly appreciated, and many thX in advance!

You probably need to look at her solo book from the 1980s.

I like those boots, which match the X-Men Blue team. You also incorporated some of her classic look, but it's modernised. That outfit would work pretty well if she was to become a kind of big sister style Sixth Ranger on XMB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Arent she and Medusa teammates on A-Force? What is their relationship like? I cant imagine them continuing on the same team after IvX
    They won't. A-Force is cancelled. It looks like the team broke up when She-Hulk awoke from her coma and realised she no longer had control of her powers. She was the team leader. Medusa, after IVX, is off into space. Nico might be unavailable too, since there's a Runaways TV show coming and they'll probably launch a comic to coincide with it. If they bring back the A-Force book, it'll need a new roster.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-29-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Spectacular Member

new official pics of the Dazzler Marvel Legends figure~ She only comes with one light-energy accessory, unfortunately, but she still looks so good -- the hair, the mic, the necklace, the skates <3 Expected release is April/May

marvel legends x-men 2017 - dazzler 02.jpg

marvel legends x-men 2017 - dazzler 03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    new official pics of the Dazzler Marvel Legends figure~ She only comes with one light-energy accessory, unfortunately, but she still looks so good -- the hair, the mic, the necklace, the skates <3 Expected release is April/May

marvel legends x-men 2017 - dazzler 02.jpg

marvel legends x-men 2017 - dazzler 03.jpg
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.♡
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You probably need to look at her solo book from the 1980s.

I like those boots, which match the X-Men Blue team. You also incorporated some of her classic look, but it's modernized. That outfit would work pretty well if she was to become a kind of big sister style Sixth Ranger on XMB. ...
    First of all Digifiend, thank you kindly for the constructive comments, they're greatly appreciated. Secondly, my sincerest apologies it took THIS damn long to tell you so! That was not my original intentions, I assure you, as I meant to respond in a MUCH timelier manner. Life, other topics on here, and the fact that I'm easily distracted, did just that it seems, divert my attention... and muddle my memory. A poor eXcuse for bad form though, I know, 'cause there IS no eXcuse - so, sorry again, my friend!!

Right after I read your suggestion on finding out more about Ali's familial backstory & mutant powers origin, I was inspired, and decided to do a lil' research... before, I replied, unfortunately. Probably my first mistake, in retrospect, I'm embarrassed to admit. But there was a method to my madness, for I had a suspicion, and as I was learning about Carter, Katherine, & that fateful high school dance... it was confirmed. It seemed... familiar, and I was slowly reminded, then finally realized... that I had looked it all up before! Not a WHOLE lot mind you, and certainly not in quite a while, obviously. But I did remember it, eventually, and now look forward to purchasing:

&

... and actually, ya know, READ all those tales from back then. See, by the time I had gotten into the X-Men, Alison had already gone off to Mojoworld. There was the occasional guest appearance, and some Aussie Days back issues, but I didn't really start becoming fully Dazz-engaged 'til she returned in Eve of Destruction & since then. But my fascination has only grown over that time, particularly & considerably so, over the last 3-5 years I would say. Plannin' on gettin' EoD in TPB too, and I'll be checkin' in with y'all thereafter (throughout the year), for others from the 2000's that feature some solid Dazzler goodness. I want to build a collection of her publication history & other merch, and consolidate it with what I already have, while I hopefully--and eXpectantly--wait for her MANY more upcoming appearances, in comics, animation & video games, and eventually... FINALLY... the MOVIES!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-19-2017 at 08:54 PM.

That's a sassy design, Heroine Addict!

Anyone else enjoying the spotlight Ali is getting presently?
    I think she is getting more attention after taking Black Bolt down than she did when Bendis did the horrible re-design.

I'm finding it hysterical that some of the Inhuman fans or Black Bolt bros can't believe she did it even though the guy who has been in charge of Black Bolt for three years wrote the issue. I mean...So funny.

Hopefully she will survive the event and show up on an unannounced team book.
    Where is she in ResurrXion? You are right that Ali performing a mega power feat and taking out a heavyhitter in an issue as publicised as IvX #1 has garnered her more attention than all of Bendis's UXM run combined, so why aren't they capitalizing on people's new found interest in the character? Benching Emma AGAIN and not revealing Magik, Gambit, Psylocke etc. in ResurrXion are other major messes.

We know that X-Men Blue has at least one Sixth Ranger. Maybe Gold should add a couple more too - Storm it seems will be part-time, as she's part of Black Panther's Crew (no wonder she's handing leadership over to Kitty!).