Page 7 of 116 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    With the latest uncanny x-men, how do you guys feel about the possibility that Dazzler will join Magneto as part of a new Acolytes team. I think it would be pretty sweet if that happened, certainly an unexpected but potentially exciting turn for Dazzler. Yeah yea, I know the changes are slim to zero but we can dream, no?
    I think she should join a new Acolytes team imo. It fits in with her new darker outlook on life. As well as revenge motivation. I think the character does need a big push. As Bendis promising to use the character ended up with her being tied to a bed. Deaf and blind and milked like a cow for her blood. That's not using a character in my book. And no Mystique disguised as Dazzler is not the same thing. She would stay as member until Mags goes too far. Or at least becomes a villain again. I can't see Dazzler as a villain. Victim maybe.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Some Dazzler love by Erica Henderson:

Just read the latest Uncanny. I'm so glad she is finally free.

As far as her being an Acolyte, I really don't see how this experience would lead her to change her worldview so drastically. I wouldn't mind it too much if it led to her appearing more prominently in a title with an artist I like tho. (I like Bachalo but she's barely in Uncanny).

I am definitely against her going "dark". The X-books are littered with tired "badass" women, each more angry and deadly and sexy than the next. What I like about Ali is that she's anti-those women. She's not a comic book cliche.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I don't get how the Acolyte thing could possibly be a good thing for the character. Sure, Pak had her do some pretty hardcore stuff in X-Treme, but this would be something else entirely.

Lashing out at Cyclops and then flipping out after being imprisoned/tortured would make her the new Beast, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-26-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I don't get how the Acolyte thing could possibly be a good thing for the character. Sure, Pak had her do some pretty hardcore stuff in X-Treme, but this would be something else entirely.

Lashing out at Cyclops and then flipping out after being imprisoned/tortured would make her the new Beast, wouldn't it?
    Ugh no. I don't see/want her being a Magneto follower. Better keep her in Uncanny than that. I want to see what Bendis has in store for her. He promised a satisfying payoff.

Ultimate Member

A satisfying payoff to him, which is subjective. And yeah I'd rather she not go dark and all...perhaps go kind of dark for a bit before checking herself at going to far and becoming what she fought against...

I just read UXM up to #20 and I feel really bad for Alison. It just hit me that Mystique was an enemy of hers back in the day. I hope when she is out of it, she goes after Raven and gets vengeance for this.

Not completely dark. Yet she should not just shrug of what happened to her. What she went through was very traumatic. Some going to the dark side at first then the return of the regular Dazzler. As for her getting revenge on Mystique it bears repeating it's not going to happen imo. Mystique has been written as a character that escapes revenge and retribution all the time lately.

Ultimate Member

The X-folk have more telepaths than I have hairs on my head. If any character remains traumatized by anything, when they've got people loitering around that can impart *years* of knowledge, skill, memories, etc. in seconds, that's because they aren't trying very hard to do anything about it.

It would be a surreal sort of 'take that' if Mystique and Dazzler bumped into each other later and Mystique taunted a taunt, and Dazzler was like, 'Why so angry and bitter, chica? Did you think that you hurt me? Honestly, I barely even remember it, and have been distracted by how awesome I am, and try to be the better woman and not derive satisfaction from the knowledge that you have spent most of your life hiding in sewers, afraid to show your face, squeezing out children who grow up to hate you or selling yourself to anyone you can hide behind for protection, afraid of all the people you've screwed over in the last seventy-ish years. It is seventy right? I mean, obviously, you don't look a day over 'late 50s'...'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The X-folk have more telepaths than I have hairs on my head. If any character remains traumatized by anything, when they've got people loitering around that can impart *years* of knowledge, skill, memories, etc. in seconds, that's because they aren't trying very hard to do anything about it.
    Agreed and seconded.

Were talking about the same team of heroes that even with telepaths routinely get infilitrated by double agents. So I'm not expecting anyone to do anything to help Dazzler deal with what was done to her. A writer may surprise yet I'm not holding my breath. It's like in DC when Roy Harper lost a arm. You figured someone like Zatana would go arm regrow backwards yet because the writers wanted a darker version he had a robotic arm installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be a surreal sort of 'take that' if Mystique and Dazzler bumped into each other later and Mystique taunted a taunt, and Dazzler was like, 'Why so angry and bitter, chica? Did you think that you hurt me? Honestly, I barely even remember it, and have been distracted by how awesome I am, and try to be the better woman and not derive satisfaction from the knowledge that you have spent most of your life hiding in sewers, afraid to show your face, squeezing out children who grow up to hate you or selling yourself to anyone you can hide behind for protection, afraid of all the people you've screwed over in the last seventy-ish years. It is seventy right? I mean, obviously, you don't look a day over 'late 50s'...'
    That could work too and would be a epic burn. Yet because it would it's not going to happen imo. Mystique has never really been made to pay for her crimes. Even when Wolverine "killed" her off it was a excuse by the writers to bring her back to life and make someone already powerful even more.

Ultimate Member

http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post/85686878973#notes

This does not strike me as the look of a woman who's just going to "get over it." This strikes me as a "I'm going to royally mess you up Mystique" type of look. Magneto can definitely help her with that. Plus, he'd clearly sympathize with her (what was done to her was very Nazi-esque which Mags no doubt noticed).

We will see. Mystique has been trolling X-men and other characters for years. While being protected from revenge or retribution of any kind for some strange reason by the writers. What lasting negative things have happened to the character post Messiah Complex and after her "death". Nothing much at all imo. Her giving up Xavier junior I refuse to count because it feels just tacked on to take advantage of the new X-men movie. I'm a fan of Mystique and want Dazzler to get some kind of revenge. I'm very skeptical and won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post/85686878973#notes

This does not strike me as the look of a woman who's just going to "get over it." This strikes me as a "I'm going to royally mess you up Mystique" type of look. Magneto can definitely help her with that. Plus, he'd clearly sympathize with her (what was done to her was very Nazi-esque which Mags no doubt noticed).
    Are we sure that's Alison? She looks more like Illyana to me but I'm not ruling her out. I can't picture Ali joining the Acolyte team without undergoing a major transformation. A dark, brooding, goth-inspired Alison Blaire is something I would not put past Bendis but how convincing she'd be as such remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Are we sure that's Alison? She looks more like Illyana to me but I'm not ruling her out. I can't picture Ali joining the Acolyte team without undergoing a major transformation. A dark, brooding, goth-inspired Alison Blaire is something I would not put past Bendis but how convincing she'd be as such remains to be seen.
    It's not Illyana, the person in the image has no bangs.

So either Dazzler or Emma Frost. In Dazzler's case the leaking eyes might be some side-effect of being used as an MGH-source for so long, in Emma's case, well Bendis did say she had some mental and physical development coming very soon.

Another image here which might provide more clues:

http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post/85686878973
    Last edited by yet another; 05-27-2014 at 12:23 AM.

That has to be Dazzler. You can see Dazzletique's clip hat in the visible part of the next image below. So it looks like Ali is about to confront her impersonator and tormentor.