Page 77 of 116 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1734
    BANNED

I hope she appears in X-Men Gold. That series could use some life.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I mean it kinda sux that they're making her a kid because honestly I would have loved to see a sexy ass but still hilarious adult Dazzler trading quips and getting mad goofy with Seafood in his 3rd film...

BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

I voted for Alison. 🐱

BANNED

ThanX, Sugar Spun Sorceress! Ya know, I've been wonderin' if Ali's gonna show up in Blue & Gold's upcoming X-over opus, MOJO WordWide? I sure hope so, and a memorable appearance at that, would be just the ticket!

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I asked on Twitter and was told she is not appearing in the Mojoverse issues.
    They apparently love her but don't have any plans yet. So same ole song and dance about her. Everybody loves her but doesn't know when or how to use her.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

I have not had the time to read this thread from the start, but I have noticed a lot of hate for Dazzler's punk look.

Just out of curiosity why all the hate?

Am I the only one who likes the punk look.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I have not had the time to read this thread from the start, but I have noticed a lot of hate for Dazzler's punk look.

personally, for me "punk" is the antithesis of "Dazzler." It worked in the Ultimate universe as a one-off since there was no prior history to contradict it (though I still think they could have just as easily pulled off a trash-talking/bitchy pop singer), but for 616 Dazzler the hipster/punk-lite in New Excalibur was awful & the Bendis all-black punk is even worse. She looks like an utter fool. I also think having a woman in her early 30s deal with trauma by giving herself an ugly haircut/dye job (really... buzzed blonde sides with a black faux hawk... really?!) & tattered clothes ignores the character's history & was an attempt to not have to really "write" about the fallout of her experience & how the character was coping -- we can just be on the nose & show it! I thought it was lazy.

Caldwell's redesign was a big leap forward in the right direction & him mentioning that they would be gradually transitioning Dazzler further away from "punk" toward something more familiar (& Thompson's less "ARGH!" handling of the character) gave me a lot of hope... then Marvel went & cancelled A-Force.

In the grand scheme of things I think the Mystique kidnapping/MGH-fuel is on the lower tier of traumatic events the character has gone through. And for someone with light/sparkly powers (that she uses in her stage acts) & a larger overall history of being decidedly non-punk with image, music & personality -- it all rings very hollow & forced. I don't just hate it, I abhor it lol.

What do you like about the look?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    What do you like about the look?
    Firstly I will agree that Dazzler's transition to her punk look could have been handled better.

Now as to why I like her punk look, well I guess I'm one of those guys who likes tough looking woman with the torn clothing, crazy haircuts, and tattoos. I just like this design. And it doesn't hurt that I like really loud music. So this version of Ali just really appeals to me.

When I first started reading comics Dazzler wasn't part of the X-Men. I didn't read a lot of comics with her in them until I began collecting some back issues and the Essentials collections. I'm not a big fan of the outback era and I don't have the strong attachment to any of Ali's older looks and costumes that many of her other fans have. I particularly dislike the roller skates. Please don't kill me for hating the roller skates fellow Ali fans.

Judging from this thread I guess I just find the punk version more appealing then many of Ali's more old school fans.
    Last edited by Thievery; 07-09-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Firstly I will agree that Dazzler's transition to her punk look could have been handled better.

Now as to why I like her punk look, well I guess I'm one of those guys who likes tough looking woman with the torn clothing, crazy haircuts, and tattoos. I just like this design. And it doesn't hurt that I like really loud music. So this version of Ali just really appeals to me.

When I first started reading comics Dazzler wasn't part of the X-Men. I didn't read a lot of comics with her in them until I began collecting some back issues and the Essentials collections. I'm not a big fan of the outback era and I don't have the strong attachment to any of Ali's older looks and costumes that many of her other fans have. I particularly dislike the roller skates. Please don't kill me for hating the roller skates fellow Ali fans.

Judging from this thread I guess I just find the punk version more appealing then many of Ali's more old school fans.
    Thanks for the response. I suppose the almost automatic animosity generated by the costume and what it supposedly represents is practically non-existent if you don't emotionally resonate with Dazzler's inchoate years and general epoch of prominence, and additionally the disconnect wouldn't be there either. I think it's more the lack of emotional and psychological context in the transition combined with how costumes and image are essential componenents of Dazzler's character. I've never expected anything form Bendis but the resolution of her vendetta storyline with Mystique was incredibly anti-climactic and the rest of his run didn't really explore the ramifications of the incident on Dazzler's character--one really has to wonder why Dazzler went and did what she did without us seeing her rehabilitation and usage of coping mechanisms to facilitate the process of healing--that's why the look is such a turnoff for me, because it's essentially meaningless. And it just looks messy/she looks unrecognizable, as tetragene eloquently and aptly articulated above.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I asked on Twitter and was told she is not appearing in the Mojoverse issues.
    They apparently love her but don't have any plans yet. So same ole song and dance about her. Everybody loves her but doesn't know when or how to use her.
    Looks like they were playin' coy, Tommy, and still are... BUT:

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

A new Dazzler book maybe??
    ... blessed be the day, we FINALLY have an official tease & somethin' concrete to go on!!

He was posting teases for Gold before that image snippet, so I assume that's the title she's going to appear in?

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I will buy that issue and tweet the hell out of it.

Though the salty people who are considering a non speaking cameo (Secret Warriors?) as an actual use or appearance of her on the twitter are getting on my nerves. I'm sorry, she is recurring Guest Star or Series Regular. She isn't a freaking extra.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    ... I'm sorry, she is recurring Guest Star or Series Regular. She isn't a freaking extra.
    Damn straight! And she won't be, an Xtra that is, of that I have little doubt - not with a tease like THAT! PLEASE, Marvel... give us somethin', at that SDCC X-panel on Sunday, PLEASE!