Page 90 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1734
    The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Marvel being adamant about not giving us the characters we want is the reason I am saving so much money.
    I won't buy anything unless it has characters I really care about. So no Dazzler no purchase. It sucks, but they tell us to vote with our wallet, so I do.

When she was on Utopia I bought every single title because she would pop up in Xforce or Wolverine The Best There Is or in miniseries. In actual roles. Not just a glorified day player.

They bring her back in an actual role I will buy the line.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

We mustn't give up hope, ThomBoleyn, we MUST hold steadfast, KEEP the FAITH alive, & continue SINGiIN' her PRAISES!!!

I haven't given up. I just annoy people on the twitter. LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    G Willow Wilson just said on Twitter she's interested in writing a dazzler series!
    https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/st...13922252562432
    G. Willow Wilson‏
    @GWillowWilson

I’ve got a pitch for a Dazzler solo series sitting in my head.

5:24 PM - 6 Jan 2018 from Seattle, WA
    ηι¢к мιℓℓєя
    @uncannydazzler

Just sitting here on a train wishing that @Marvel would launch a new Dazzler solo series. I know @GWillowWilson is super busy and in demand and all, but I think she would give us an amazing Dazzler. Or maybe a Dazzler and Nightcrawler miniseries? Never enough Dazzler in my life.

3:08 PM - 6 Jan 2018
    Greg Pak‏
    @gregpak

Replying to @GWillowWilson

Every once in a while I marvel over the fact that I got to write 13 issues of an X-Men team led by Dazzler.

7:37 PM - 6 Jan 2018

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I haven't given up. I just annoy people on the twitter. LOL.
    X-cellent! Keep up the good work!! 8p

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Moon Knight is a Dazzler fan. In the latest issue his daughter asks him if he is a Katy Perry fan. Marc asks his daughter does she like Dazzler, and puts on a vinyl record of her on.

Spectacular Member

I guess I'm in the camp that would not be particular excited about Wilson writing Dazzler. Or what that book would potentially entail. Her A-Force tenure didn't leave much of an impression & Dazzler could have easily been anyone. Kelly Thompson & Grek Pak, on the other hand, I felt "got" the character & wrote a very good interpretation of her.

BANNED

IDK, there were flickers of the way I perceive the character, to be found in GWW's brief portrayal. Her bravado, her candid, good-hearted genuineness, and to the seeming surprise of her A-Force teammates... sometimes moments of the most well-articulated, utter clarity, were all on display, albeit in small doses. Kinda hard to judge IMO also, considerin' how her run was cut so short, due to unforeseen, personal circumstances. With that said, and keeping the following image in mind... in a meta way, I'd like to see what she'd do:

... with an actual, Dazzler solo series.

Anyway, some more fan art:

And I REALLY like this one, by Rhiannon Owens:

I would be interested in seeing what GWW does with Dazzler in an ongoing. I would much prefer Pak or Thompson revisiting her, but I would gladly read GWW doing an on going or miniseries about Dazzler. I think it would be an interesting take and probably focus on the female empowerment theme that was so prevalent in her original ongoing.

I just don't understand why so many creators are fans of the character, yet she rarely appears these days.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Spectacular Member

Is the Dazzler one shot releasing next Wednesday? See https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ics/2018/02/07

It's just so hard to do a dazzler series if I've got to be honest. I would love to see dazzler appear in a medium that could have musical accompianment

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gotunandan View Post
    Is the Dazzler one shot releasing next Wednesday? See https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ics/2018/02/07
    Nothing else is showing the book coming out.

No solicit. Surely they should've changed the date to May, or just deleted it's entry, by now? Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that one-shot doesn't exist.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No solicit. Surely they should've changed the date to May, or just deleted it's entry, by now? Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that one-shot doesn't exist.
    That bites. No explanation, either, from Marvel?

What is the deal with Dazzler? Why won't the character get the play others from her era do?

Her character was the sole one to be left out of many team iterations and I really would like your opinions as to why that is the case.