Page 98 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1734
    BANNED

Classic Dazz, by recurring X-Men Blue artist, Marcus To:

A belated Mother's Day salute, by our resident Ali enthusiast & visualizer eXtraordinaire, Lightengale:

And I'm lovin' the black leather jacket she's sportin' for Astonishing, it fits her to a T.

LOL...I thought that was a gender swapped Ali at first

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    So excited about this, but I'm tempering my expectations. Every time it seems like Dazzler is set to take on a major role in the X-books, it get nixed somehow. I really think she deserves a major place on a team, but nobody seems to be able to get it right. Maybe this will be the one. I hope it is, but I'm going to stick with cautious optimism at most.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...I thought that was a gender swapped Ali at first
    Who, 'Star?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So excited about this, but I'm tempering my expectations. ... I really think she deserves a major place on a team... Maybe this will be the one. I hope it is, but I'm going to stick with cautious optimism at most.
    Same! And...

The last image is giving me serious Tula Lotay vibes, which is a very high compliment in my book.

The Mother's Day piece is precious. And that's the best Rictor's ever looked IMO.

ETA: LMAO I visited the blog link and saw that Daniel/Lightengale admitted to deliberately channelling Tula Lotay. Well then, great job in that case, you annoyingly mega talented person you!
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-26-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I FUcking gagged my life into oblivion when I saw that Greg Land Dazzler cover!! Ike I don care what y’all have to say about the artist but he’s always been an impeccable and meta textual perfect fit for rendering a character who’s history is so closely tied to themes of hyper femininity and the uncanny valley effect of mutant beauty. The void of “prettiness” reallly stares back hard when it comes to Dazzler and Greg Lands work really punctuates that’s idea.

Anyhow. I live in a fanfic headcanon where if Shatterstar Ali’s son then she definitely has a daughter. With the Beyonder somewhere out there in the cosmos waiting to be found.... omfg

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The last image is giving me serious Tula Lotay vibes, which is a very high compliment in my book.

The Mother's Day piece is precious. And that's the best Rictor's ever looked IMO.

ETA: LMAO I visited the blog link and saw that Daniel/Lightengale admitted to deliberately channelling Tula Lotay. Well then, great job in that case, you annoyingly mega talented person you!
    Ha! Great minds, hmm? I'd been wanting to play with a Tula vibe for years but had been too intimidated, so, that you saw the inspiration before knowing it was my intent is very flattering. Thank you!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Yeah Lightengale u have always been straight murdering it with your artwork, babe. And I’m gonna tell you on the real, it’s been a pleasure to see your work grow and your renditions and your sequencing get stronger over the years on this and other sites. I really appreciate what you do for the fandom.����

BANNED

I was listening to the X-Plain the X-men podcast and Louise Simonson mentioned that soon after she took over X-Factor, editorial came to her and Claremont and said they had to add Dazzler and Boom Boom to their books. Simonson chose Boom Boom for hers and Claremont chose Dazzler. I knew about Ali being pitched as the 5th member but had no idea she was almost added to the cast a little later into the run anyway. Im assuming she likely would have replaced Warren after he was written out had Louise chosen her
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-04-2018 at 03:17 PM.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I had never heard that! I knew that she was kinda forced on the XBooks but I didn't know it went down like that. Looking at her history though, I am still unclear why she didn't become an Avenger or member of the FF as she was more of a Marvel U character than she was X Character, even though she originated in the title.
    I'm going to have to listen to that podcast.

Also, two days until the one shot. I'm excited!
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... had no idea she was almost added to the cast a little later into the run anyway. Im assuming she likely would have replaced Warren after he was written out had Louise chosen her
    Wow, that would've been different & potentially real cool, IMO. Nice find, H83, and thanX!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    ... Also, two days until the one shot. I'm excited!
    Same, I don't care, IT'S DAZZLER!

I think Osnap should do the review thread, 'cause it would be fitting, and likely... SO funny!!

Oh gosh Ali would have killed it on X-Factor. And we would have then had her in a starring role in Deadpool 2/the upcoming X-Factor movie as opposed to what I'm sure would be a blink and miss appearance in Dark Phoenix. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm with the peeps who are checking out the one-shot anyway.

Jean and Ali would have had a much stronger relationship had they been longtime team members in X-Factor. Thats probably what I think is unfortunate we didnt get. Theres a good chance she would have been incorporated into the 90s X-men relaunch and been a bigger character OR they might have kept her on X-Factor for the gov't team. There's also the possibility that she may have been used as the romantic interest of Beast or Warren (when he returned)

Had this gone down though, she wouldnt be close friends with Psylocke, nor have that relationship with Longshot and been tied to Mojo World

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ... what I'm sure would be a blink and miss appearance in Dark Phoenix. Oh well. ...
    Oh gosh, I hope not...

... I've really warmed up to Halston Sage playing her...

... and envisioned her scene(s) having the same impact Quicksilver's did, in DoFP.

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 06-13-2018 at 06:18 PM.