Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Talking ISEKAI! YOU are Stars & Stripes! Now go fight Shigaraki...and WIN.

CONGTATULATIONS! You have been paid a personal visit by the reincarnation machine, TRUCK-KUN! At the moment of impact you find yourself in the air, standing on a plane. While looking down you also see...BOOBS. And not just boobs, because under them are PECS. You're RIPPED AF. Raising up your arms you see muscles that you could only dream off before.

And then she appears. This body's previous owner's ghost. She introduces herself as Cathleen Bate, and tells you that she's dead. BUT. She made a deal with the Lord of Nightmares for time to be re-wound, and somebody else to take her place in this fight. L-Sama agreed because it would be entertaining.

CONGRATULATIONS.

You now inhabit the body of Cathleen Bate, the pro hero Stars & Stripes, and are 3 hours away from first contact with Tomura Shigaraki. Cathleen tells you everything you want to know about her Quirk, New Order, and warns you about its limitations. She will also be a psionic presence in your mind as you fight, so that you won't face Shigaraki alone.

YOU are now Stars & Stripes.

How will YOU bring down Tomura Shigaraki?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I really don't see how 3 hours is going to bring me close to the level of someone who has been training and fighting for real for 20 or 30 years.

Maybe I use the 3 hours to figure out that he's a fusion of Shigaraki and AFO, which would perhaps avoid the failure she experienced in taking Shigaraki out in the first touch. Maybe not. Assuming I can think of that, that's how I do it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I could be recalling the rules incorrectly, and feel free to correct me, but I believe Stars and Stripes had two conditions she was working with at all times, and the first rule gave her super strength.

In that case, I'd probably dump my stat boost into super speed instead then try whatever harebrained schemes I could in rapid succession.

If we go into the situation bringing in out of universe knowledge I'd try that heart stopper strategy she pulled again, but clean up the semantics; I dunno, "AFO's heart will stop" or "Tomura aka AFO" or whatever.

Astonishing Member

To clarify: Am I allowed to Invoke the Tiamat's, or am I just running head to head against our boy?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I could be recalling the rules incorrectly, and feel free to correct me, but I believe Stars and Stripes had two conditions she was working with at all times, and the first rule gave her super strength.

In that case, I'd probably dump my stat boost into super speed instead then try whatever harebrained schemes I could in rapid succession.

If we go into the situation bringing in out of universe knowledge I'd try that heart stopper strategy she pulled again, but clean up the semantics; I dunno, "AFO's heart will stop" or "Tomura aka AFO" or whatever.

She doesn't use rule one for super strength, but for super stats, and that includes some speed. She's not as fast and strong as All Might, but that's because her quirk isn't as strong.

The heart-stop trick probably would have worked if she'd known (or simeply thought of the fact...) that she was going against a fusion of Shigaraki and AFO and spec'ed the rule based on that. Because she set the rule as "Shigaraki" and he's no longer officially just Shigaraki, it failed. And, that's not really "common knowledge" by any means, so I don't know if that's working before destruction.

The trick she tried in the end was fine and probably should have worked better, but, well, PIS is PIS. "This quirk kills the next holder of it instantly" would have hammered him dead. "This quirk makes the next wielder quirkless" as well. He shouldn't have had time to dump it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Rule 1: "When I, Cathleen Bate, say a certain phrase, time will stop for everybody and everything else except me for 10 seconds."

Rule 2: "When I, Cathleen bate say the name of an object, the object I name will land on whatever I point my finger at."

*A couple hours later*

S&S: "Shigaraki Tomura! You thought you were going to face some nameless person...BUT IT IS ME, DIO!"

Shigaraki: "WTF HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!?"

S&S: *tears off costume to reveal scars on neck and a star on her shoulder...drawn with permanent marker* "Why don't you see for yourself if that's true or not?" *point* "ZA WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRDOOOO~"

*Shigaraki suddenly finds himself buried under 1,000,000 road rollers*

Shigaraki: "WTF KIND OF QUIRK IS THIS!? And why are you holding a..."

S&S: "An oil tanker for you..."

Last edited by T51R; 12-03-2021 at 02:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    She doesn't use rule one for super strength, but for super stats, and that includes some speed. She's not as fast and strong as All Might, but that's because her quirk isn't as strong.

The heart-stop trick probably would have worked if she'd known (or simeply thought of the fact...) that she was going against a fusion of Shigaraki and AFO and spec'ed the rule based on that. Because she set the rule as "Shigaraki" and he's no longer officially just Shigaraki, it failed. And, that's not really "common knowledge" by any means, so I don't know if that's working before destruction.

The trick she tried in the end was fine and probably should have worked better, but, well, PIS is PIS. "This quirk kills the next holder of it instantly" would have hammered him dead. "This quirk makes the next wielder quirkless" as well. He shouldn't have had time to dump it.
    Among Shigaraki's many current problems, a massive identity crisis is one of them. Besides being in the middle of a transition due to the AFO vestige and Shigaraki merging there's also tiny little Tenko Shimura trapped inside there. So any type of order that requires naming All For Shigaraki is probably gonna fail in most cases.

New Order does have limitations so there was no gurantee that either of the "completely **** over the next holder" would work. Just revolting against All For Shigaraki burned New Order out after a short while.
    Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Rule 1: "When I, Cathleen Bate, say a certain phrase, time will stop for everybody and everything else except me for 10 seconds."

Rule 2: "When I, Cathleen bate say the name of an object, the object I name will land on whatever I point my finger at."

*A couple hours later*

S&S: "Shigaraki Tomura! You thought you were going to face some nameless person...BUT IT IS ME, DIO!"

Shigaraki: "WTF HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!?"

S&S: *tears off costume to reveal scars on neck and a star on her shoulder...drawn with permanent marker* "Why don't you see for yourself if that's true or not?" *point* "ZA WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRDOOOO~"

*Shigaraki suddenly finds himself buried under 1,000,000 road rollers*

Shigaraki: "WTF KIND OF QUIRK IS THIS!? And why are you holding a..."

S&S: "An oil tanker for you..."

But if you're Dio then you're not Cathleen Bate so the rule wouldn't take affect. I also doubt that New Order is strong enough to straight up stop time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Among Shigaraki's many current problems, a massive identity crisis is one of them. Besides being in the middle of a transition due to the AFO vestige and Shigaraki merging there's also tiny little Tenko Shimura trapped inside there. So any type of order that requires naming All For Shigaraki is probably gonna fail in most cases.

New Order does have limitations so there was no gurantee that either of the "completely **** over the next holder" would work. Just revolting against All For Shigaraki burned New Order out after a short while.
    I do wonder if, instead of stopping his heart, I could have his original Quirk Decay turn against him using New Order.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis