Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Wonder Woman 3: Discussion, Set Leaks and Spoilers

Has no one really started this thread yet? I normally don't start posts but I can wait no longer. Script leaks from Wonder Woman 3! I've seen it in two places now so it's worth discussion. What do you all think? Arion and Aquaman and Blue Beetle?

Here's one leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MANh_zBip7k

If this is true, I must say I was hoping for a Wonder Woman villain. Not a bunch of characters from other comics.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They claim the script is still in development.

The source is hashtagshow

It's a crossover film or vs film...

I pay no mind to any of it when there's no valid sources and just a bunch of speculation.

I'm not going to devote any energy towards any silly click bait headline and rampant online speculation. I'll just wait until we hear something from Patty, Gal or anyone involved in the movie. I think anything directly from them would be more reliable than someone making a big deal out of a blurry screenshot of Zack Snyder on a Zoom call and his sunglasses showed a tiny reflection of his copy of Azzarello's WW run. Hypothetical situation of course but just as ridiculous as the people going crazy over seeing a copy of Final Crisis on his kitchen counter when he posted a photo of his Thanksgiving celebration.

You can't tell something is fake because most so-called scoopers don't read ****.

So whatever they come up with is a weird mishmash of random JLU episodes featuring WW, Injustice games, popular cross over events that she's appeared in or from the Nu52.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolytus View Post
    Has no one really started this thread yet? I normally don't start posts but I can wait no longer. Script leaks from Wonder Woman 3! I've seen it in two places now so it's worth discussion. What do you all think? Arion and Aquaman and Blue Beetle?

Here's one leak.

If this is true, I must say I was hoping for a Wonder Woman villain. Not a bunch of characters from other comics.
    I think one issue is the film just seems really far away. Now that Patty is seemingly no longer connected to Star Wars, Gal still has Snow White for Disney and Heart of Stone for Netflix to complete. Then there's no telling when Gal will get around to the various series she is connected with. Then Gal Gadot and various reputable news sources are still claiming Cleopatra is in development. And who knows what jobs Patty is lining up in the meantime since she's currently free of the Star Wars project which was to take at least 2 years of her life. It was scheduled for December 2023 which means filming in 2022 and then almost a year of completing the film and promotion for 2023. Now she has a lot of time on her hands that is either dedicated to WW3 or she is using it for another project. The most we've heard about Wonder Woman three is that Patty, Gal, and Lynda are connected to it in some way and the script is being written. Even for major Wonder Woman fans, there's just not a lot there for us to discuss unless we're discussing speculation.

For my personal hopes, I hope Patty gets more involved in the Wonder Woman world. Matt Reeves is a major player on HBO Max right now and is involved with the new Batman animated series, Wan proposed a Trench spinoff and was connected to the animated Aquarman miniseries, JJ Abrams is connected to the Superman animated series - I believe - and is currently developing a Superman project. What happened to Patty's Amazons film? Where is a Patty and Gal-produced animated series? Why is there not a HBO Max series for Nubia or Yara? It's hard to talk about Wonder Woman 3 when the world seemingly doesn't exist after WW84 and we have no idea the next time we'll get anything connected to the world.

As for WW3, I hope Patty learned from the audience responses of WW84. I'm no insider, but based on the audience scores, and the stalled Star Wars project and who knows what's going on with Cleopatra except for being in development, Patty needs a big comeback with WW3 if she wants to have the same career trajectory she was having after Wonder Woman 2017. I wish she was allowing herself to be more prolific in the world because right now I still have a lot of faith in Patty, but she needs to deliver.

All-New Member

Well I don't know much about the hashtagshow site. It sounds like at least the hype is starting.

If it didn't come from Jenkins, Gadot or WB directly, take it with an ocean's worth of salt as apposed to a grain.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolytus View Post

Here's one leak.

What is this nonsense about Final Crisis? These Snyder fans are giving me a headache.
    Do they seriously believe Snyder has the talent to adapt that wackadoodle story? He couldn't even get Watchmen right.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    What is this nonsense about Final Crisis? These Snyder fans are giving me a headache.
    Do they seriously believe Snyder has the talent to adapt that wackadoodle story? He couldn't even get Watchmen right.
    Man, I'd be genuinely amused at seeing someone like Snyder trying to adapt that of all stories.

LOL Snyder could post a pic of a half-eaten peanut butter sandwich and his, um, stans will immediately go into paroxysms of delusion and passion while assuring their fellow stans that the PB sandwich is symbolism for Snyder being re-hired by WB so he can do JL2, JL3 and the Battfleck film.

Anyway, I think that WB will be really careful and really...hands on with WW3. They know that the second WW film was not a hit (financially, critically, or audience-love-wise), and they must be smarting from the experience. Jenkins needs Allan Heinberg or Gail Simone or someone from comics who really loves Wonder Woman to be her writing partner. I honestly would not mind Aquaman being in this film, but I don't want him to overshadow Diana. Also, this Arion thing. Yuck. If they are gonna bring in Aquaman, at least give the film a villain from Diana's books. The obvious choice for a Wonder Woman/Aquaman adventure is Queen Clea.

Incredible Member

You forgot throwing the word vision around a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    He posted a photo of his Thanksgiving turkey and there was a copy of Final Crisis on kitchen counter waaay in the background.

No seriously, I'm not kidding. This is what they are clinging to.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He posted a photo of his Thanksgiving turkey and there was a copy of Final Crisis on kitchen counter waaay in the background.

No seriously, I'm not kidding. This is what they are clinging to.
    I don't know if the phrase "grasping for straws" even covers how desperate that sounds.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Lets not forget the rumor that WB wanted Zack Snyder to direct WW3 and kick Patti off the project.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lets not forget the rumor that WB wanted Zack Snyder to direct WW3 and kick Patti off the project.
    Grace Randolph started that rumor, and she is living, breathing clickbait. She says whatever she needs to say to get attention and views on her videos.

Looking at what we know, WB/DC confirmed Patty would be the director of WW3 immediately after the release of WW84. Snyder was removed from Justice League for Whedon. WB executives stated the week of the Snyder Cut release on HBO Max that they had no plans to explore the Snyderverse beyond his cut of the film. Patty was again confirmed as director at Fandome. And since being removed from Star Wars the trades have again confirmed Patty would be the director of WW3 whereas Snyder has done nothing with WB and signed a deal with Netflix.

There's literally no legitimate reason for us to take Randolph at her word regarding that rumor.