Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Grace Randolph started that rumor, and she is living, breathing clickbait. She says whatever she needs to say to get attention and views on her videos.

Looking at what we know, WB/DC confirmed Patty would be the director of WW3 immediately after the release of WW84. Snyder was removed from Justice League for Whedon. WB executives stated the week of the Snyder Cut release on HBO Max that they had no plans to explore the Snyderverse beyond his cut of the film. Patty was again confirmed as director at Fandome. And since being removed from Star Wars the trades have again confirmed Patty would be the director of WW3 whereas Snyder has done nothing with WB and signed a deal with Netflix.

There's literally no legitimate reason for us to take Randolph at her word regarding that rumor.
    Yeah, thats the point lol

Incredible Member

Grace Randolph started that rumor, and she is living, breathing clickbait. She says whatever she needs to say to get attention and views on her videos.

Looking at what we know, WB/DC confirmed Patty would be the director of WW3 immediately after the release of WW84. Snyder was removed from Justice League for Whedon. WB executives stated the week of the Snyder Cut release on HBO Max that they had no plans to explore the Snyderverse beyond his cut of the film. Patty was again confirmed as director at Fandome. And since being removed from Star Wars the trades have again confirmed Patty would be the director of WW3 whereas Snyder has done nothing with WB and signed a deal with Netflix.

There's literally no legitimate reason for us to take Randolph at her word regarding that rumor.
    To add to this, Randolph also said after the release of SOLO that Disney was desperately looking for a new leader for Star Wars and Kennedy just signed her second extension since that film's release. Bob Iger also admitted to take fool blame for the release of SOLO and the exhaustion of the Star Wars IP.

Randolph knows attacking high-powered female power players gets her clicks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah, thats the point lol
    Sorry. As I reread your response, I realized you actually were not promoting the idea. However, since you're also a long-timer on this board, I'm certain you understand why that isn't always clear at first glance.

I'm not going to put much stock in rumors and click-bait like this.
    But I won't lie, this kind of plot--Aquaman showing up to help fight an Aquaman villain--does sound like the kind of story we'd get from the guy who thought Max Lord should be the villain of WW84: Geoff Johns.

People are worried about Patty Jenkins...personally, I'm more concerned whether Johns is still involved. I can't know for certain because obviously I wasn't involved, and I won't say Patty's blameless, but I'd bet money a lot of what went wrong with WW84's story/script can be owed to our boy Geoff.
    The man is and always has been one of the worst Wonder Woman writers in the character's history. Then he up and decided he should be one of the main creatives behind her movie, and his fingerprints are all over that script.

For all the flack Zack Snyder gets (and much of it is deserved) that god awful Justice League trilogy outline--the one where Diana & the Amazons are all murdered by Dr. Poison--was co-written by Johns.
    Johns was still on the set making decisions and suggestions when Joss Whedon took over.

Is it a coincidence the theatrical JL made a point of saying Diana shut down and was afraid of being a leader because she missed Steve Trevor, then a few years later, WW84 features Diana declaring she can't be happy unless Steve is in her life?

Not to sound conspiratorial--and again, I can't know for certain because I wasn't there--but there seems to be a common link in bad decisions related to Wonder Woman. And his name is Geoff.

I also bet, if I'm right, we won't know about it for a long time. Geoff is still one of Warner/DC's golden boys, and Patty's a pro that wants to keep her job, so she's not going to say anything. Remember when Josh Trank put all blame on Fant4stic's failure on Fox? He's still in directors jail for that. NOW, five years later, David Ayer is saying his vision was ruined by Warner, but when Suicide Squad first came out, he claimed the theatrical version was absolutely the movie he wanted to make and he was proud of it.

Anyway...I'm not going to sweat rumors--especially garbage thrown around by idiots like Grace Randolph. But my confidence in the third movie will improve drastically if Geoff Johns is kept as far away from the making of it as possible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    But I won't lie, this kind of plot--Aquaman showing up to help fight an Aquaman villain--does sound like the kind of story we'd get from the guy who thought Max Lord should be the villain of WW84: Geoff Johns.

People are worried about Patty Jenkins...personally, I'm more concerned whether Johns is still involved. I can't know for certain because obviously I wasn't involved, and I won't say Patty's blameless, but I'd bet money a lot of what went wrong with WW84's story/script can be owed to our boy Geoff.
    The man is and always has been one of the worst Wonder Woman writers in the character's history. Then he up and decided he should be one of the main creatives behind her movie, and his fingerprints are all over that script.

For all the flack Zack Snyder gets (and much of it is deserved) that god awful Justice League trilogy outline--the one where Diana & the Amazons are all murdered by Dr. Poison--was co-written by Johns.
    Johns was still on the set making decisions and suggestions when Joss Whedon took over.

Is it a coincidence the theatrical JL made a point of saying Diana shut down and was afraid of being a leader because she missed Steve Trevor, then a few years later, WW84 features Diana declaring she can't be happy unless Steve is in her life?

Not to sound conspiratorial--and again, I can't know for certain because I wasn't there--but there seems to be a common link in bad decisions related to Wonder Woman. And his name is Geoff.

I also bet, if I'm right, we won't know about it for a long time. Geoff is still one of Warner/DC's golden boys, and Patty's a pro that wants to keep her job, so she's not going to say anything. Remember when Josh Trank put all blame on Fant4stic's failure on Fox? He's still in directors jail for that. NOW, five years later, David Ayer is saying his vision was ruined by Warner, but when Suicide Squad first came out, he claimed the theatrical version was absolutely the movie he wanted to make and he was proud of it.

Anyway...I'm not going to sweat rumors--especially garbage thrown around by idiots like Grace Randolph. But my confidence in the third movie will improve drastically if Geoff Johns is kept as far away from the making of it as possible.
    I'm using your quote as a jumping point for my own since you discuss Geoff, but my thoughts aren't a direct corollary of yours.

Does anyone know if Patty or Gal - but Patty specifically - did any interviews regarding the reception of WW84. I haven't seen any, but of course, that doesn't mean there aren't any. I'm curious where Patty places the blame for the audience's reaction to the film. Does she blame herself, Geoff, DC/WB, etc? I'm also curious what her thought process for the tonal representation for the film.

While I still maintain I love both films and in some ways, I like WW84 more. There is such a tonal shift and a shift in how action is represented. Something I noticed at the recent Fandome, Lynda Carter talks about the defensive abilities of Wonder Woman with great admiration. This is, of course, one of the major issues a lot of audience members had with the film. Patty smiled an ambiguous smile, but I'm curious what she took of the action scenes. Will she bring back the sword and shield? Will she still show a great focus on the lasso? Will she simply give us a longer, final battle like in the first film? Will she even give Diana a love story or will she forego it?

Now that seemingly WW3 is Patty's main focus for the foreseeable future, I would love an interview where she can simply discuss her thought process for the end of her trilogy. I don't expect her to apologize or play the blame game - nor do I want her to. I just want to know if she is going to revert to the WW1 vision or will she simply make some revisions to the WW84 template to hope it can be more successful a second time. Or is she starting from scratch?

While we know Patty is attached to WW3, I would also like to know how she envisions her future beyond WW3. We know Abrams and Reeves are deep into the DC business right now and that is helping their respective franchises. Is there any chance Patty or Gal feel the same way about WW?

Hopefully, we can get some answers in 2022.

Yep, Johns is more of a poison to Wonder Woman than Dr Poison herself!

Johns' involvement in WW84 is interesting. I do agree stuff like the bloated script are probably as much his as it is Jenkins as that was also in Aquaman (which he was a script writer on).

I'd also put money that Max Lord (spit) being in the movie is on him as he was involved the Infinite Crisis build-up stuff that hung Max on WW's world like an albatross and I imagine Johns will likely get royalties for that.

But characterization wise, she wasn't really like much how Johns has written her (at least pre-Darkseid War). I figured that's as much Jenkins and Gadot but it's interesting I got less New 52 WW from WW84 than I did 2017.

I'm using your quote as a jumping point for my own since you discuss Geoff, but my thoughts aren't a direct corollary of yours.

Does anyone know if Patty or Gal - but Patty specifically - did any interviews regarding the reception of WW84. I haven't seen any, but of course, that doesn't mean there aren't any. I'm curious where Patty places the blame for the audience's reaction to the film. Does she blame herself, Geoff, DC/WB, etc? I'm also curious what her thought process for the tonal representation for the film.

While I still maintain I love both films and in some ways, I like WW84 more. There is such a tonal shift and a shift in how action is represented. Something I noticed at the recent Fandome, Lynda Carter talks about the defensive abilities of Wonder Woman with great admiration. This is, of course, one of the major issues a lot of audience members had with the film. Patty smiled an ambiguous smile, but I'm curious what she took of the action scenes. Will she bring back the sword and shield? Will she still show a great focus on the lasso? Will she simply give us a longer, final battle like in the first film? Will she even give Diana a love story or will she forego it?

Now that seemingly WW3 is Patty's main focus for the foreseeable future, I would love an interview where she can simply discuss her thought process for the end of her trilogy. I don't expect her to apologize or play the blame game - nor do I want her to. I just want to know if she is going to revert to the WW1 vision or will she simply make some revisions to the WW84 template to hope it can be more successful a second time. Or is she starting from scratch?

While we know Patty is attached to WW3, I would also like to know how she envisions her future beyond WW3. We know Abrams and Reeves are deep into the DC business right now and that is helping their respective franchises. Is there any chance Patty or Gal feel the same way about WW?

Patty hasn't blamed anyone, the most she's said is that she's upset about the movie being released simultaneously in theaters and on streaming the same day.

The way she talks about it suggests she might put some blame of the films reception on that, but almost every director this year has voiced their dislike of same day theatrical release and streaming.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I also bet, if I'm right, we won't know about it for a long time. Geoff is still one of Warner/DC's golden boys, and Patty's a pro that wants to keep her job, so she's not going to say anything.
    He was but not anymore. Now I wager they consider him a liability, and only his friendship with Berlanti is keeping him employed. I don’t think he’ll be writing WW3, but I also believe that both he and Patty were responsible for WW1984. Patty was adamant that WW1984 was what she wanted to make, and all of the trades dishing on BTS stuff back that up. I wouldn’t mind a new script writer but we’ll have to wait and see, I don’t put any stock in Grace given she was completely wrong about WW1984 being a “Flashpoint”, and any script being written right now is still liable to get changed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It will be interesting to see how/if they pivot based on the response to WW84.

Thing is, although there is a vocal portion of the audience that insists the problem with 84 was Diana ditched the sword and didn't kill anyone, the real problems with the movie were things like pacing, Steve stealing a guy's body, Barbara's development, etc. Diana chopping heads off wouldn't solve those problems.

The issue with the action in the movie was they didn't give Diana a real physical challenge, so they had to resort to de-powering her in order for dudes with machine guns and trucks to pose a threat. And when Cheetah finally showed up, she didn't come across as the deadly foe that only Wonder Woman at full power could face.
    Again, sticking a sword in Diana's hand wasn't going to solve that.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we see Wonder Woman regain the sword/shield for the third movie, but I'd wager it'll be because the stakes will be high enough to warrant them. If this is the last of the trilogy, I can see them aiming for something big.
    Personally, I hope they have Diana ultimately prevail by unleashing her full power like the first movie. Expand on her god-mode.

But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He was but not anymore. Now I wager they consider him a liability, and only his friendship with Berlanti is keeping him employed. I don’t think he’ll be writing WW3, but I also believe that both he and Patty were responsible for WW1984. Patty was adamant that WW1984 was what she wanted to make, and all of the trades dishing on BTS stuff back that up. I wouldn’t mind a new script writer but we’ll have to wait and see, I don’t put any stock in Grace given she was completely wrong about WW1984 being a “Flashpoint”, and any script being written right now is still liable to get changed.
    That's comforting...regarding Johns.

Like I said, Patty Jenkins isn't blameless. She co-wrote it, directed it, and I don't think she's lying when she says she's proud of the film. Nor am I suggesting Johns strong-armed bad decisions on her or that there's a secret Jenkins Cut hidden in Warner's vault. For what it's worth, there are good ideas and things that do work in the movie, but I do believe a lot of what doesn't--Diana's dependence on Steve, Max Lord high-jacking the movie, Barbara's poor development, trying to fit too much--at least originated from Johns.

Hopefully the third movie will have a screenwriter that complements Patty's ideas better.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 12-04-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Circe, bestiamorphs, Themyscira being invaded by the sorceress' evil hordes, Hecate, Doom's Doorway, Wonder Woman and Nubia...give us all of that, WB. That's all I want.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Circe, bestiamorphs, Themyscira being invaded by the sorceress' evil hordes, Hecate, Doom's Doorway, Wonder Woman and Nubia...give us all of that, WB. That's all I want.
    This seems like a brand new trilogy. Not that I'm against that.

Personally, I hope Wonder Woman 3 takes place entirely in man's world, and Amazons can get their own trilogy.

Medusa and Doom's Doorway, a war with the Valkaryries or Atlanteans, and finally a film where Themyscira opens up to the rest of Man's World, so Diana can finally be reunited with her mother to end the trilogy.

Incredible Member

Gal Gadot’s ‘Cleopatra’ Pic At Paramount Sets ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’s Kari Skogland To Direct As Patty Jenkins Moves Into Producing Role

So Jenkins is no longer directing Cleopatra. She is producing. It states that Jenkins "fell off" as director to focus on Rogue Squadron and Wonder Woman 3. However, we know Rogue Squadron is on hold for now.

So now, Wonder Woman 3 is the only thing on Jenkins' plate as far as we know.

I can't wait to get a real interview with Jenkins. I'm really curious about just her mindset right now. She went from 3 huge blockbusters back-to-back to one. I hope this means she can give WW3 her full devotion.

Producing still means Cleopatra is on her plate, it just means it won’t take up nearly so much of her time.

But yet, it looks like Wonder Woman 3 might be Jenkins next movie after all.

Edit: Or maybe not since they can wedge filming Rouge Squadron in 2022 before shooting Wonder Woman in 2023.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~