Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I like Gaga but I dont need her in WW. I'd rather they get someone else for Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I’d rather Charlize Theron, TBH.
    Unoriginal on my part but Eva Green for me.

I actually like the idea of Gaga as Circe. Seriously, I can totally see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Unoriginal on my part but Eva Green for me.
    I would prefer Eva Green as poison Ivy, but I can see her making a wicked Circe as well.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Gaga has more acting chops than I initially believed. I wouldn't mind seeing her play Circe.

All-New Member

I think someone with more gravitas would make a good Circe. I like Eva Green okay but I like Marion Cotillard -- I know she's been in Batman but still...

Is this source credible? Apparently, Gadot's Wonder Woman is "oficially" appearing in Shazam: Fury of The Gods

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...oman-shazam-2/

I have been saying this since the first film: Wonder Woman should have been heavily used as a way to prop up the first Shazam film's box office. At that point, the IP was riding high due to Patty Jenkins' 2017 superhero smash, and the Greek mythology connections would have made any crossover organic and authentic. In any case, now that the Shazam sequel is more explicitly Greek-myth centric (with 3 villainesses that are literal goddesses), it makes perfect sense to have Diana (who in the DCEU is the daughter of the Z in "SHAZAM"). Also, if the appearance of Gal in Shazam 2 is well received, it might help alleviate/restore some of the WW lustre that was tainted by the awful reception to WW1984, which could help WW3.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 12-17-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is this source credible? Apparently, Gadot's Wonder Woman is "oficially" appearing in Shazam: Fury of The Gods

I have been saying this since the first film: Wonder Woman should have been heavily used as a way to prop up the first Shazam film's box office. At that point, the IP was riding high due to Patty Jenkins' 2017 superhero smash, and the Greek mythology connections would have made any crossover organic and authentic. In any case, now that the Shazam sequel is more explicitly Greek-myth centric (with 3 villainesses that are literal goddesses), it makes perfect sense to have Diana (who in the DCEU is the daughter of the Z in "SHAZAM"). Also, if the appearance of Gal in Shazam 2 is well received, it might help alleviate/restore some of the WW lustre that was tainted by the awful reception to WW1984, which could help WW3.
    They arent. It does make sense to have her (I mean....Gods appearing outside of WW is so DC/WB) but I doubt she'll actually show up. IF this is true then I feel like it'll be something so useless compared to what we've had in Marvel films when they have others appear in the movies.

Shazam's first solo movie needs to be his own. Just like WW's was her own.

I don't mind WW appearing in Shazam's second movie but I doubt it will be anything substantial.

Though they do need to consolidate how the Greek Gods are being shared between the WW mythos and the Shazam mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I don't mind WW appearing in Shazam's second movie but I doubt it will be anything substantial.

Though they do need to consolidate how the Greek Gods are being shared between the WW mythos and the Shazam mythos.
    We're past his first movie. I dont think anyone expected her or anyone outside of Black Adam to really show up in the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We're past his first movie. I dont think anyone expected her or anyone outside of Black Adam to really show up in the first one.

10characters

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Having a small WW cameo would not make the first Shazam "not his own movie." It's just a marketing add-on that is potentially beneficial for the film. Superman's headless cameo in Shazam was in no way detrimental to the film. All I am saying is that a WW cameo would have made sense narratively and marketing-wise. I, for one, welcome any Wonder Woman mass media appearance.

Incredible Member

So according to ViewerAnon, who also gave information about the first two Wonder Woman films and various other films, this is true.

I've quoted ViewerAnon below:

"Not that my word matters much as The Illuminerdi are solid but yes, this is true. She’s in one sequence that is very important to the movie. It’s not superfluous or a walk-on smile at the audience kind of thing."

Gal Gadot seems much more willing to play politics and appears more well-liked behind the scenes than Henry Cavill. It's also been said that Cavill was wanted for the first Shazam, but he refused because he demanded too much money.

I hope this and The Flash rumors are true. So even if we don't get our next Wonder Woman film until 2024 at the earliest, we'll still get some appearances next year and in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    So according to ViewerAnon, who also gave information about the first two Wonder Woman films and various other films, this is true.

I've quoted ViewerAnon below:

"Not that my word matters much as The Illuminerdi are solid but yes, this is true. She’s in one sequence that is very important to the movie. It’s not superfluous or a walk-on smile at the audience kind of thing."

Gal Gadot seems much more willing to play politics and appears more well-liked behind the scenes than Henry Cavill. It's also been said that Cavill was wanted for the first Shazam, but he refused because he demanded too much money.

I hope this and The Flash rumors are true. So even if we don't get our next Wonder Woman film until 2024 at the earliest, we'll still get some appearances next year and in 2023.
    Well, if this is true, I look forward to this and The Flash for sure. The more Gal Gadot-as-Diana, the merrier.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

After going to my first movie in about 18 months, seeing the preview for the Kings Man makes me want to shout to the people doing WW3 to get their people to do the action sequences. Just seeing that in a preview was already on a higher plane than anything they did on WW84.