Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    After going to my first movie in about 18 months, seeing the preview for the Kings Man makes me want to shout to the people doing WW3 to get their people to do the action sequences. Just seeing that in a preview was already on a higher plane than anything they did on WW84.
    I'd take a lack of action if it meant a lack of dudebro energy that Kings Man's story seems to bring. Seriously, that movie looks awful.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd take a lack of action if it meant a lack of dudebro energy that Kings Man's story seems to bring. Seriously, that movie looks awful.
    WW84 was awful and the action in the movie laughable. If they had people that did movies for action like the Kings Man or even the John Wick movies, I think that would at least solve the action part of the Wonder Woman movies.

If the Kings Man is not to your liking, then fine, but I doubt the action will be lacking or inventive. Wondy slinging her way in the mall is not the way to go. In fact, her opening sequence in WW84 on Themyscria was probably the best part of the movie, but it didn't feature the adult version of Wondy.

Yeah, they should get the guys who do the action sequences for Kingsman...so then users can complain they don't respect Diana's power level by having her rely on weapons and only fight ordinary men.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Yeah, they should get the guys who do the action sequences for Kingsman...so then users can complain they don't respect Diana's power level by having her rely on weapons and only fight ordinary men.
    So sarcasm aside, you are fine with the action we got in WW84?

The action was bad but to me that was the least of WW84's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The action was bad but to me that was the least of WW84's problems.
    Believe me, I know WW84 was terrible. I repeat it probably too much on these boards. The movie had many issues of which the action was one.

Action, though, is something they should get right in a superhero movie.

And to Guy_McNichts point about people complaining that they wouldn't then respect Wonder Womans power and make her fight ordinary men....well she was depowered thru much of the WW84 movie so if we could have had her in some kickass action sequences against these ordinary men with some great choreography, that could have sated some people. (Realizing she wasn't at full power, of course).

But who is to say that the people that I mentioned from other movies doing her action sequences wouldn't do a bang up job with it? Maybe they would realize they are dealing with a superhero powerhouse and do the action scenes accordingly. We certainly did not get that in WW84.

Seems to me like this is yet another instance of Hollywood's double standards at work: a woman like Patty Jenkins (or Ava Duvernay) has a single flop after a major success, and suddenly all their post-success projects are "delayed" and/or canceled, while male directors can have badly reviewed flop after badly reviewed flop and still get films greenlit and actually produced.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Seems to me like this is yet another instance of Hollywood's double standards at work: a woman like Patty Jenkins (or Ava Duvernay) has a single flop after a major success, and suddenly all their post-success projects are "delayed" and/or canceled, while male directors can have badly reviewed flop after badly reviewed flop and still get films greenlit and actually produced.
    The article states that Gadot's scheduling conflicts is why the film is being delayed. And Jenkins is still going to direct that Star Wars movie. There are plenty of moments of sexist double standards in Hollywood, but this isn't one of them.

I'm going to throw it out there, but I'll be a little disappointed if we don't see Wonder Woman hit someone with a German suplex in her next movie.

Preferably a mythical beast twice her size.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm going to throw it out there, but I'll be a little disappointed if we don't see Wonder Woman hit someone with a German suplex in her next movie.

Definitely give her some more fancy moves.

This could be Diana taking care of an evil Cyclop or minotaur who serves Circe in Wonder Woman 3.

All-New Member

Wow. 2024 for a release? It looks like this thread is going to go dormant for a while -- and was premature? One can hope.
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-3-gal-gadot-update/

Nevermind

10 char
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolytus View Post
    Wow. 2024 for a release? It looks like this thread is going to go dormant for a while -- and was premature? One can hope.
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-3-gal-gadot-update/
    I know that WW84 was not as divisive or as "hated" as something like Batman V Superman or that Star Wars film directed by Rian Johnson, but maybe delaying the second WW sequel will help people forget about WW84 and be more receptive to another WW adventure. Maybe.