I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default A perhaps trivial but blinding coincidence for Talia and the League!

Talia al Ghul and Elektra Natchios are incredibly similar

The League of Assassin and The Hand are incredibly similar

Similarities:

Both secret ninja organizations that are super old

Both obsessed with resurrection/immortality

Talia and Elektra often (but not always) have a very complicated relationship with their fathers/father figures (Ra’s for Talia, Elektra’s father and Stick for Elektra)

Talia and Elektra are love interests whose relationship with Batman and Daredevil is doomed

Both have periods where they are more heroic/anti-heroic (Talia in Death and the Maidens, Elektra in the current Daredevil run and many other points when she works for the Chaste/partners with Daredevil)

Both Talia and Elektra tend to have agency taken away from them a LOT

Both Talia and Elektra have periods where they become leaders of factions or the whole of the League/Hand

Differences:

No Ra’s figure in The Hand - Stick has some of the same kinds of resonance, but isn’t really the villain or the head, and of course the Beast has as many differences as similarities to Ra's.

No “Chaste” equivalent for the League of Assassins, though they’ve been multiplying "schisms" recently (last decade), with Leviathan, League of Shadows, and League of Lazarus

Talia and the League created in 1971 by Denny O’Neil, Elektra and The Hand created in 1981 by Frank Miller

The League of Assassins is basically run for ecoterrorist reasons, though Talia’s reasons tend to be much more about power rather than her father’s ideological motives, while the Hand seems to be much more just about power and...Cthulhu stuff
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Both tend to wear revealing outfits, but that's low-hanging fruit .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Both tend to wear revealing outfits, but that's low-hanging fruit .
    They are female characters in comics, so yeah.

But the differences in the way they are revealing is interesting - Talia, at least for a while, now, has gone for the "exotic sports bra" look, while Elektra seems to go more for "very simply onsie" look. Highlighting different body parts.

I think an interesting difference that I didn't mention in my first post is that Talia tends to function much more as a leader or commander, while Elektra tends to function much more on her own or as a member of an organization. There are of course exceptions for both characters, but I tend to think of Talia as a Leader, and Elektra as an Assassin/Vigilante.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord