Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

more and more impressed with this run each issue glad its nothing like fraction's bs run

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    All I'll say is...

spoilers:
    ...that I hope the Ironclad appearance is indicative, even if just slightly, of a clash between the U-Foes and the FF relatively soon down the road. That said, I wonder if perhaps Simon Utrecht is behind the FF's woes? Doubtful, but intriguing none-the-less...
    end of spoilers
    I'd like it to be Midas, from Original Sin.

Maria Hill is starting to put herself in danger more and more. She helped Jim Hammond off the books in this, and she also helped Daredevil in Wakanda off the books too. If she keeps this up, she will come to the attention of her betters at some stage, and suffer the same fate as a Nick Fury. I like that Hill is looking more and more like the woman who found out that you can't trust the government, when she was lined up for assassination in the Invincible a iron man run of Most Wanted, and had to go on the run with Tony, then defeat the whole U-Foes single handedly and rescue Thor. I think that woman is starting to show herself more and more now, especially since Secret Avengers is ready to implode again.

We have super heroes who are slowly getting unravelled in the coming months. The alternative to the super heroes is SHIELD, and Maria Hill is the face of that organisation, and she also seems to be heading for something as vulnerable as the super heroes. I wonder what the world will come to in 6 months when time ends?
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-28-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'll probably jump on this series when the trades are released but I like that this seems to be in a much more positive state than Fraction's run.

Also, I'm happy that some creators understand that Maria Hill developed into a three-dimensional character post-Civil War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gsnake007 View Post
    more and more impressed with this run each issue glad its nothing like fraction's bs run
    Well, Fraction did had to follow after Hickman's impressive run on the F4 & FF Series; though I agree that Robinson has indeed gotten a better handle on understanding both of the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm surprised. for once Maria Hill showed up and didn't act like a complete tool. i thought Jim was illustrated...strangely while aflame. really looking forward to the showdown next issue.
    Yes, Ms. Hill had to let Jim Hammond know (in her own way) that just because orders must be obeyed doesn't necessarily means that they shouldn't be question, especially if they're dealing with moral dilenmas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Derliz Santacruz is the guest artist for this issue, where the Fantastic Four is now a physically separated team, as Reed and Sue are in Eden, Ben's incarcerated in the Raft, and Johnny's found a new pad. Meanwhile the Future Foundation children are in protective custody in Camp Hammond. How is each member dealing with the situation?
    spoilers:
    Reed is given a tour and welcome of Eden's labs by John Eden, and it seems like a normal, run-of-the-mill event, complete with Reed's assigned assistant Cullen Moore. Eden reveals that they've cribbed some of Reed's technology such as H.E.R.B.I.E. for their own use. Reed appears content enough, as Sue relays to Johnny over the phone, but she has her doubts about him being really productive and sure of himself. When she voices her concern about their physical separation especially over Ben, Val and the FF kids, Johnny distractedly assures her everything will be fine. As he's having a part over at his place, but he doesn't look happy. Speaking of the children, Jim Hammond managed to break out and hide Dragon Man with their assistance, as he reported to Maria Hill. She voices her disapproval and shock over him putting their lives at risk over a such a daring mission, and reminds him about their duty to obey higher authority even if it is not to their liking. She does not name who authorized all these orders (if she knows him/her/them at all). In the end though, she doesn't expel Hammond from S.H.I.E.L.D., covers up their rescue of Dragon Man to report that he had been terminated, and tacitly tells him to let her know whatever information the FF class can sniff out regarding higher authority.

finally, Ben meets and greets his fellow powerhouse inmates (including Fantastic Four wannabee U-Foe member Ironclad), who give him an initiation rite bruising to meet the top man, or should I say woman, calling the shots: Sharon Ventura, aka She-Thing.
    end of spoilers

Finally read the issue and She-Thing was probably the best Highlight for me.

Spectacular Member

.....whyyyyy is she in prison?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That's the cliffhanger though, eh? We'll find out next ish and see just how much of a love-hate relationship she has with Ben now. As someone else pointed out, she was last seen attending a therapy session at Camp Hammond from Skrull abductees lead by Doc Samson and Alicia Masters, post-Secret Invasion.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I'm not surprised that she's in prison. I think in the mu SHIELD can throw someone into prison when ever they want, for as long as they want and for what ever reason they want. I don't see a lot of oversight on that organization. Who ever in SHIELD is running the plot against the FF wanted her there.

I am a bit surprised at Hill, I'd thought for sure she'd be part of the plot against the FF if not running it given her hatred of superheroes. I still expect the kids to be experimented on though.

Yes Mark, we get it, you've voiced your favorite speculation on FF and non-FF threads alike. Since SHIELD behavior is one of your highly commented topics, I think it would be better served if you start such a thread, so that those who are really interested in it can have a good and meaty discussion.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yes Mark, we get it, you've voiced your favorite speculation on FF and non-FF threads alike. Since SHIELD behavior is one of your highly commented topics, I think it would be better served if you start such a thread, so that those who are really interested in it can have a good and meaty discussion.
    I say what I wish civilly, where I will. You don't have to read it.

If you want to refute it do so. Can you point to any reason why I shouldn't think what I think of SHIELD? Especially since SHIELD is either behind or being used in this current assault against the FF? And Hill of course is Hill, I don't think anyone in SHIELD hated heroes more than her.
    Last edited by Mark; 08-28-2014 at 06:14 PM.

All I'm pointing out is that your speculations remain just that, speculations, and that we really haven't seen any indication that SHIELD is willing to experiment on children. As for Hill actually hating heroes? That's a bit of a stretch for me. Disapproval of their behavior, yes, If your speculations prove correct in the future, you can congratulate yourself. I'm giving you a suggestion to start a general SHIELD thread where discussions about SHIELD's overall behavior may be better conducted than in team-specific threads, so that you can consolidate everything.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Now lets all be civil, I don't take any offense at what Mark has said. Its speculation, something we all do here. I like the idea of Sharon back, in this mystery. I miss her. I loved those Englehart FFs when she first transformed and thought she was dropped and rarely seen afterwards. So the Sharon that went on that gal party with Sue and others a few years ago (an adult imprint marvel book that escapes my mind...) was a Skrull. It seemed current since White Queen was hanging with Sue's posse and I don't remember them ever meeting (but admittedly I've dropped many books over the years, especially x titles).

I like the emphasis on various parts of FF history. I sometimes feel that with such a rich history its a shame we only see the repeat/rebeats of Surfer, Galactus, Inhumans, Wizard, Doom etc. When will we see some of the other interesting things? When the Black Swan first debuted in New Avengers, she really reminded me of someone from a past FF story, in a couple of ways... From the # 220-s isn, a story about Frostfire and the Ebon Seeker. She was the ghostly white being that was tied to some sort of Black Hole in a life form. I actually thought maybe it was her come back (they were placed into the Negative Zone, the adventure also guest starred the Avengers of that era too.) The Ebon Seeker was a sort of Great Destroyer in its own rank.

But my point is For all the great FF memes that continue there are, to me, a few that deserve to come back and/or Not just be a one-off story. Frostfire and Ebon Seeker are one, but some of the characters form Defalco's run are worthy of a reconsideration (and some have; I believe Power Skrull and Devastator have come back). The Ff has had 2 or maybe 3 similar stories about humans that spontaneously evolve into big brain powers... who fly off to ... somewhere.. ? What if they found each other and came back to Earth? What about Her (sorta back, but not in a while now)? I've barely tapped the surface (because I forget more than I want to admit) but there are plenty.

I do think its more than past time for the U-foes to fight the FF so hopefully they'll bring it, and tie Sharon and the other stuff into a satisfying story line.