Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Fantastic Four #9 *spoilers*

Derliz Santacruz is the guest artist for this issue, where the Fantastic Four is now a physically separated team, as Reed and Sue are in Eden, Ben's incarcerated in the Raft, and Johnny's found a new pad. Meanwhile the Future Foundation children are in protective custody in Camp Hammond. How is each member dealing with the situation?
    spoilers:
    Reed is given a tour and welcome of Eden's labs by John Eden, and it seems like a normal, run-of-the-mill event, complete with Reed's assigned assistant Cullen Moore. Eden reveals that they've cribbed some of Reed's technology such as H.E.R.B.I.E. for their own use. Reed appears content enough, as Sue relays to Johnny over the phone, but she has her doubts about him being really productive and sure of himself. When she voices her concern about their physical separation especially over Ben, Val and the FF kids, Johnny distractedly assures her everything will be fine. As he's having a part over at his place, but he doesn't look happy. Speaking of the children, Jim Hammond managed to break out and hide Dragon Man with their assistance, as he reported to Maria Hill. She voices her disapproval and shock over him putting their lives at risk over a such a daring mission, and reminds him about their duty to obey higher authority even if it is not to their liking. She does not name who authorized all these orders (if she knows him/her/them at all). In the end though, she doesn't expel Hammond from S.H.I.E.L.D., covers up their rescue of Dragon Man to report that he had been terminated, and tacitly tells him to let her know whatever information the FF class can sniff out regarding higher authority.

finally, Ben meets and greets his fellow powerhouse inmates (including Fantastic Four wannabee U-Foe member Ironclad), who give him an initiation rite bruising to meet the top man, or should I say woman, calling the shots: Sharon Ventura, aka She-Thing.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Well who would have guessed an ending twist like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well who would have guessed an ending twist like that.
    The Maria Hill cover up?

BANNED

Funny if I were in SHIELD I'd be curious about who was giving me orders and at least seek confirmation of them.

Glad to see the surprise character back, but I hope that the character isn't just thrown out after the arc.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

All I'll say is...

spoilers:
    ...that I hope the Ironclad appearance is indicative, even if just slightly, of a clash between the U-Foes and the FF relatively soon down the road. That said, I wonder if perhaps Simon Utrecht is behind the FF's woes? Doubtful, but intriguing none-the-less...
    end of spoilers
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    All I'll say is...

spoilers:
    ...that I hope the Ironclad appearance is indicative, even if just slightly, of a clash between the U-Foes and the FF relatively soon down the road. That said, I wonder if perhaps Simon Utrecht is behind the FF's woes? Doubtful, but intriguing none-the-less...
    end of spoilers
    That's why I singled out that character, they haven't ever met before.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And following authority, regardless of right and wrong or personal conscience, has been the beginning and chief source of many horrors and atrocities in human history, so even if Hill is serious about not liking what she's "had" to do anymore than the people she did it to liked it and wanting Hammond to do an off-the-books investigation to figure out who's really giving the marching orders, the fact that she's willing to just blindly follow those orders is still a sore spot in my view.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

i'm surprised. for once Maria Hill showed up and didn't act like a complete tool. i thought Jim was illustrated...strangely while aflame. really looking forward to the showdown next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That's why I singled out that character, they haven't ever met before.
    Which honestly is a bit jarring. Thirty-four years without ever meeting is ridiculous...

spoilers:
    ...especially with the FF and U-Foes' uncanny similarities. A FF/U-Foes clash needs to FINALLY happen, and stat!
    end of spoilers
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i thought Jim was illustrated...strangely while aflame.
    Robinson said in an early interview that he wanted the two Torches visually distinct when aflame when Jim is in the FF.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Wasn't the last time we saw he when she was in group therapy for being replaced by Skrulls? Maybe she has PTSD from living in captivity which turned into anger towards Ben again, but more than ever.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Robinson said in an early interview that he wanted the two Torches visually distinct when aflame when Jim is in the FF.
    ah, makes sense.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray;455428[B
    ]Derliz Santacruz[/B] is the guest artist for this issue, where the Fantastic Four is now a physically separated team, as Reed and Sue are in Eden, Ben's incarcerated in the Raft, and Johnny's found a new pad. Meanwhile the Future Foundation children are in protective custody in Camp Hammond. How is each member dealing with the situation?
    spoilers:
    Reed is given a tour and welcome of Eden's labs by John Eden, and it seems like a normal, run-of-the-mill event, complete with Reed's assigned assistant Cullen Moore. Eden reveals that they've cribbed some of Reed's technology such as H.E.R.B.I.E. for their own use. Reed appears content enough, as Sue relays to Johnny over the phone, but she has her doubts about him being really productive and sure of himself. When she voices her concern about their physical separation especially over Ben, Val and the FF kids, Johnny distractedly assures her everything will be fine. As he's having a part over at his place, but he doesn't look happy. Speaking of the children, Jim Hammond managed to break out and hide Dragon Man with their assistance, as he reported to Maria Hill. She voices her disapproval and shock over him putting their lives at risk over a such a daring mission, and reminds him about their duty to obey higher authority even if it is not to their liking. She does not name who authorized all these orders (if she knows him/her/them at all). In the end though, she doesn't expel Hammond from S.H.I.E.L.D., covers up their rescue of Dragon Man to report that he had been terminated, and tacitly tells him to let her know whatever information the FF class can sniff out regarding higher authority.

finally, Ben meets and greets his fellow powerhouse inmates (including Fantastic Four wannabee U-Foe member Ironclad), who give him an initiation rite bruising to meet the top man, or should I say woman, calling the shots: Sharon Ventura, aka She-Thing.
    end of spoilers
    Is that an alias 'cause my issue says Marc Lanning

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    Is that an alias 'cause my issue says Marc Lanning
    My bad, I got the digital copy (my LCS is late) and read the name off the issue info pop-up window when Lanning's name is on the cover.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.