Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It has better writing quality than any other post-JLU show including the live action shows and movies, it gives a lot of love to minor supporting characters, it makes use of the whole breadth of the DCU canon and characters are actually changing and progressing over time.

I like that it also has a Teen Titans feel to it.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Young Justice conflicts me like no other show.
    While I LOVE damn near every thing they've done from out the gate - and I really do. Kon, Dick, Roy, Tim, Cassie, Bart, Jaime it's so great seeing the DCU and it's lesser known characters given the respect it deserves.
    But God help me, I CANNOT STAND the way they handled Wally West.
    I loathe it with more intensity than a sane person should considering we're talking about a fictional character!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Young Justice conflicts me like no other show.
    While I LOVE damn near every thing they've done from out the gate - and I really do. Kon, Dick, Roy, Tim, Cassie, Bart, Jaime it's so great seeing the DCU and it's lesser known characters given the respect it deserves.
    But God help me, I CANNOT STAND the way they handled Wally West.
    I loathe it with more intensity than a sane person should considering we're talking about a fictional character!!
    Yeah Wally's one of my favorite comic book characters but among the original cast in the Young Justice verse he's easily the one I ended up caring about the least, he basically existed for Artemis's character progression (who's a great character this isn't a knock against her) and then died after a season of doing nothing but popping up to remind us he's worried about her every few episodes to give her more character progression. he legitimately felt more important dead in Season 3 than he did alive in Season 2.

The strange thing is Coldhearted showed they could write a pretty damn good Wally West, and as his only real focus episode it was pretty solid but aside from that almost everything with him revolved around romance or being Dicks bro.

It doesn't particularly make me mad, adaptations are adaptations and there's so many other characters that gripped me in the show but it is kind of a pity that they swing and hit for like 90% of the characters they adapt but he was one of the misses.
    Last edited by Mojo; 12-03-2021 at 04:25 PM.

There’s no downside to taking notes from the Teen Titans show

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Yeah Wally's one of my favorite comic book characters but among the original cast in the Young Justice verse he's easily the one I ended up caring about the least, he basically existed for Artemis's character progression (who's a great character this isn't a knock against her) and then died after a season of doing nothing but popping up to remind us he's worried about her every few episodes to give her more character progression. he legitimately felt more important dead in Season 3 than he did alive in Season 2.

The strange thing is Coldhearted showed they could write a pretty damn good Wally West, and as his only real focus episode it was pretty solid but aside from that almost everything with him revolved around romance or being Dicks bro.

It doesn't particularly make me mad, adaptations are adaptations and there's so many other characters that gripped me in the show but it is kind of a pity that they swing and hit for like 90% of the characters they adapt but he was one of the misses.
    And that made it worse for me.
    It's not that they couldn't fashion a compelling Wally West storyline, it's that they chose not to.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It’s even got its fix for people who want permanent death.
    Mister Twisters been dead this whole time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    It's not that they couldn't fashion a compelling Wally West storyline, it's that they chose not to.
    The dilemma for me is it's like they firmly established the problems while they only provided ideas without substance as the solutions.

I really don't know why they bothered to set things up for him if they had no intentions of following through beyond tacking the idea of a sacrifice on at the end. Wally being a static character/plot device wouldn't be such a big deal, though personally disappointing given how well the other characters were handled, if his story was built allowing him to be as such.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-04-2021 at 06:47 AM.

It's definitely it's own unique version of the DCU.

We already know DCs library of characters. With the type of show this is, all of them are going to mentioned or used at some point depending on how long it goes on.