Poor Yara, and I don’t just mean the COVID/supply chain delays. So yeah things have really delayed Yara’s series so let’s do some catch up: The Olympic gods have taken in Yara after she got her powers in Brazil and gave her a training montage to be a skilled warrior and are asking that she give her loyalty to Olympus except Yara discovered they do not have her best interests in mind and are responsible for the death of her mother. So yeah this issue she just flat out denies Hera when she asks to be Olympus’ champion...which was a mistake.

Yeah so Hera is the wife of Zeus, she puts up with a lot and so she immediately shows why it was a bad idea to tick her off, to the point where the issue ends with Yara suffering a loss and being thrown down a pit.

As for other plot lines we follow Cassie Sandsmark who is learning about the Brazilian tribe of Amazonians who teach her a bit of their culture and take to their home and reveal that once Yara comes back to them they plan to march on Themyscira.....wait a second *flips through pages* no yeah that is specifically what was said that they were readying for Battle at the home of Wonder Woman. I mean what could be more surprising then the idea of the new Wonder girl apparently getting ready to attack the home of Wonder Woman? Well who they got to work with them honestly:

spoilers:
It’s Donna Troy...yeah that’s a bit of a bombshell
end of spoilers

All in all it’s a good issue for the continuing opening arc of Yara’s introduction not to mention it raises a lot of questions about the upcoming Wonder Woman event.

Oh yeah one more thing spoilers:
R.I.P Jerry the Pegasus
end of spoilers