Wasn’t too bad I guess.
Was walking my hounds one at a time to give them individual poop time, down a path that shows me the ass end of two rows of houses. I saw a guy messing w. a back door and it didn’t look like the guy who lives there, wrong body shape,
Still it could’ve been anyone so I just called out asked if he needed help.
He turned and started reaching in his jacket to which I was like oh shit.
My hound give her credit immediately realized we were into something and pulled her leash out my hand and went for the guy which is when he popped off two shots at her and missed thank god. Which is when my dumb ass first reaction was to run after and cover my girl before the guy shot again which he did and got me in the back high up towards my shoulder.
I guess that’s when the guy who lives at the house got to his back door and the other guy took off and things kind of all ran together after that.
I was taken to the ER and they pulled out a .32 slug from me which isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever been shot w. Been home and pretty much just sleeping the last couple days.
I woke up today at about 2am to pretty much the best thing ever which was my hounds curled up around me. My spouse was crashed out in the living room and said they hadn’t left me alone since I got home.
Told the spouse to get some sleep and am propped up on the sofa w. the hounds for company. Just wanted to touch base and gonna sleep again.

LOL I went to sleep before posting. My god I’m getting old.