BANNED

Default Batman Imposter #3 Discussion/Spoilers

I was finally able to catch up with this book. The issue starts with the police interrogating Flannegon about Batman and later he kills himself. Bruce tracks down the Imposter to the sewars only to be fallin into the bait by the imposter to the Police. Blair tries to catch and later she shot him. Bruce tells her that there is an imposter, he reveals his identity . He tells that Batman doesn't kill people and the only way for her is to either kill him or let him go. Later Bruce makes Leslie realize that she wasn't going to police anyway. Leslie tells Bruce if there is other alternative way to do this by being Bruce Wayne billionaire or whatever it is. Later Bruce tracks down the gun from Imposter's trunk was from Lawrence Loman who was a Chinese gangster later taken down by Gordon and Batman. Bruce meets Blair to ask her about the track record of all the cops of security footage. Blair falls into the dillemma whether there is another imposter and Bruce is manipulating him again. It all wraps with The Imposter trying to kill Blair before she reveals the information about Imposter. The Imposter falls of the cliff. The books ends pretty ambiguously. Sorrentino is killing it with his artwork in this book. Its is just so good. Imposter is definitely the best supehero comic for this year.
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-14-2021 at 12:44 PM.

It was a good wrap-up issue with some fun deep cuts. It works as a pseudo tie-in for the Reeves movie. I'd be interested in more miniseries set in this verse.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I love the fact that they left the door open to return to this universe later. It's obvious they are going in a different direction with this universe. With having Leslie as a stand in for Alfred. It ended pretty much the way I suspected it would. But the Ventriloquist actually getting the help he needs is definitely a different ending than we were expecting. With Blair knowing Bruce's SI, it would be interesting to see if she sits on this information or goes after him later on. I can see this turning into a Ahab/Mobey Dick situation where she's constantly pursuing him.
    Assassinate Putin!