Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Historia #1 This B word is Beautiful

My review for Historia. This is omg so gorgeous.

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...thing-for-love

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

thanks for the review. i'll probably buy it when I get the chance.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Thanks for the review! Skipped this, given a high cover price and uncertain content, and a dislike of most WW comics these days, but now... I think I'll just have to take a look!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Thanks for the review! Skipped this, given a high cover price and uncertain content, and a dislike of most WW comics these days, but now... I think I'll just have to take a look!
    Please don't skip this! If you're on the fence, it is worth the money! Phil Jimenez at his finest. He even said on Twitter that it was a love letter to George Perez. It truly looks like it was a labor of love. The artwork is out of this world and cannot be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Please don't skip this! If you're on the fence, it is worth the money! Phil Jimenez at his finest. He even said on Twitter that it was a love letter to George Perez. It truly looks like it was a labor of love. The artwork is out of this world and cannot be missed.
    It was way cheaper than I thought it was going to be, actually. I would've paid a reasonable $20 for this 64 page masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Yeah, I'm really digging a lot of other WW comics right now but this probably my favorite WW-related thing in a long time. Definitely the most ambitious redo on WW's world since Perez.

Definitely some of the most beautiful art I’ve ever seen in a comic.

All-New Member

Here's a podcast I did where we talk about Historia, WW, and George Perez.
    This book is beautiful and even though the price is higher it's wonderful!

https://spoti.fi/3dHjPsk