Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow War

Someone at DC really wants Geo-Force to be a killer
    First Young Justice and now Shadow War
    Last edited by Gamma022; 05-24-2022 at 03:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Batman can no longer be considered the world’s greatest detective if he didn’t suspect Geo-Force back in issue #1.
    Williamson has good ideas, but his execution is very lacking sometimes, there’s zero subtlety. He made things too obvious and now I’m not even excited to read the week’s issues.
    The execution was utterly terrible this entire story.

WTF is the point of Slade's Secret Society is nameless mooks can whup their ass?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I personally really enjoyed this crossover. Was it a lot of going from point A to B? Sure, but I found the dialogue fun and the mystery exciting. And I know a few people thought of Geo-force, but I still saw several other people had different theories and wasn't sure still.

Anyways, there is a direct reference to Waid's World Finest villain in the Deathstroke issue in case people wondered how connected this was to the upcoming Batman Vs Robin event, which has me even more excited for that to come out.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's funny, but for a twist, which was supposed to be complete surprise, lots of people figured it out weeks ago.
    It wasn't hard to figure out. There was everything but a giant neon sign pointing right at the "twist" It's why for the life of me I can't understand how anyone could seriously think this was a good story.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

This event is pretty bad. Williamson's Batman makes me laugh.

Having read this whole event (up to now) I can confidently say it was pretty horrible, I understand changing characters and motivations to fit a narrative but this story took it to a whole new level. I've never seen so many characters behave so thoroughly ooc, at this point my only hope is that it ends with Damien waking up and telling Bruce about the bizarre dream he just had.

Astonishing Member

Geo Force being the culprit makes sense considering what Slade did to Terra and what the Al Ghul's did to Markovia. I wonder if Terra will show up at all in the last part, since she's part of Geo Force's motivation for doing this.

I am in the middle about this whole thing. I love Deathstroke but not like this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Having read this whole event (up to now) I can confidently say it was pretty horrible, I understand changing characters and motivations to fit a narrative but this story took it to a whole new level. I've never seen so many characters behave so thoroughly ooc, at this point my only hope is that it ends with Damien waking up and telling Bruce about the bizarre dream he just had.
    Who is behaving out of character?

Batman can no longer be considered the world’s greatest detective if he didn’t suspect Geo-Force back in issue #1.
    Williamson has good ideas, but his execution is very lacking sometimes, there’s zero subtlety. He made things too obvious and now I’m not even excited to read the week’s issues.
    Considering people reading it were able to figure it out so quickly it makes no sense Batman didn't unless he did or just didn't seriously consider it because he personally knew Brion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I personally really enjoyed this crossover. Was it a lot of going from point A to B? Sure, but I found the dialogue fun and the mystery exciting. And I know a few people thought of Geo-force, but I still saw several other people had different theories and wasn't sure still.

Anyways, there is a direct reference to Waid's World Finest villain in the Deathstroke issue in case people wondered how connected this was to the upcoming Batman Vs Robin event, which has me even more excited for that to come out.
    This is making me think it's likely Waid might take over the Robin book after Williamson leaves. It seems like they're definitely working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    This event is pretty bad. Williamson's Batman makes me laugh.
    I took a hard PASS on "Shadow Wart", but Williamson's four issues prior to that (with Lex and Batman Inc.) made me groan and have no faith in Williamson's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It wasn't hard to figure out. There was everything but a giant neon sign pointing right at the "twist" It's why for the life of me I can't understand how anyone could seriously think this was a good story.
    Fanservice. He had a nice Bruce/Damian moment so people are ok with rest of the story being bullshit.

Seriously, I've only read, like, five pages of this story, and the only thing I remember is "so, clearly, Geo-Force is responsible for that tunnel, right?"

I was kind of hoping that that would turn out to be a red herring, but, um, I guess not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Seriously, I've only read, like, five pages of this story, and the only thing I remember is "so, clearly, Geo-Force is responsible for that tunnel, right?"

I was kind of hoping that that would turn out to be a red herring, but, um, I guess not.
    Bruce has been remarkably fallible and borderline incompetent throughout this event. I wonder if next issue, it'll be revealed he knew all along and pretended not to as part of some ruse/gambit.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bruce has been remarkably fallible and borderline incompetent throughout this event. I wonder if next issue, it'll be revealed he knew all along and pretended not to as part of some ruse/gambit.
    Such a reveal would be even worse than not knowing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!