Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow War

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Williamson showing some art for some Future issues...
    Four more issues (according to the checklist) left for this crossover.
    * Shadow War Zone #1 (May 17 2022)
    * Deathstroke Inc. #9 (May 24 2022)
    * Robin #14 (May 24 2022)
    * Shadow War: Omega #1 (May 31 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    What issue does Shadow War start in? I am behind

It starts with shadow war Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    My issue with DC is that they always white wash or redeem the characters who don't deserve it.

I would have less of a problem with Harley's face turn if it was handled well. She hasn't changed, every bad thing she does or did gets hand waved with the 'LOL randumb' excuse and gets played for (bad) comedy.
    No character deserves redemption more than another. They are fictional. The problem is when it's not done well. Like with characters like Harley, Ivy, Slade or even someone like Jason Todd. They have never once shown remorse or tried to atone for their past misdeeds but suddenly they are good/all is forgiven.

I find is amusing how fans have an issue/kick up a fuss only when this relates to characters they don't like.

if you guys are going have a moan about whitewashing crimes away, at least be consistent about it.

You are complaining about you conveniently ignore the fact that Jason tried to kill all 3 of his siblings [2 were kids] several times. Tried to destroy the Nightwing mantle, killed lots of people, endangered multiple kids and never once apologised and has never shown any remorse for these crimes but that gets handwaves or LOl pit madness excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    How can you (or anyone) hate Slade?
    IMO he is one of the best created characters of DC.
    Think a lot of people "forget" that he wasn't designed to be a hero/anti-hero or to be rooted for.
    Instead, he's an amoral **** with a warped code. In other words the quintessential bad guy.
    I just think he’s a jerk, I don’t mean like I absolutely despise use of the character. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Like he’s a great villain, a very well written villain at times.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    How can you (or anyone) hate Slade?
    IMO he is one of the best created characters of DC.
    Think a lot of people "forget" that he wasn't designed to be a hero/anti-hero or to be rooted for.
    Instead, he's an amoral **** with a warped code. In other words the quintessential bad guy.
    Sometimes I wonder the same... He was not made to be loved.

Minus people who thinks in Terra case. I can understand this a little but... Be worried to have Damian encounters with him? He is not a girl like Terra.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-08-2022 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No character deserves redemption more than another. They are fictional. The problem is when it's not done well. Like with characters like Harley, Ivy, Slade or even someone like Jason Todd. They have never once shown remorse or tried to atone for their past misdeeds but suddenly they are good/all is forgiven.

I find is amusing how fans have an issue/kick up a fuss only when this relates to characters they don't like.

if you guys are going have a moan about whitewashing crimes away, at least be consistent about it.

You are complaining about you conveniently ignore the fact that Jason tried to kill all 3 of his siblings [2 were kids] several times. Tried to destroy the Nightwing mantle, killed lots of people, endangered multiple kids and never once apologised and has never shown any remorse for these crimes but that gets handwaves or LOl pit madness excuse.
    I expected something like this in Urban Legends. I even thought it would end with Jason giving himself up to the authorities. But in the end, DC only gave a generic armor.

We all have people in our lives who are complete **** people that we ignore the past and move forward. Doesnt mean we forgive them but we coexist with them.

To your point. I AGREE people can be very inconsistent with who they let slide by... but that's life too. Why one gets a pass and another doesnt can seem arbitrary.

Part 1 alpha was so compelling! Whoa I loved that issue.

I've read issue 2 which wasn't quite as good but still really liked. I'll be grabbing part 3 and 4 next time I'm in the shop!

Williamson has been really killing it for me since Infinite Frontier and having gone back and read bunch of his Flash makes me really excited for Dark Crisis!

Actually, Harley's current series has her trying to atone for all the bad she's done. I will agree on Jason though. Honestly, I prefer him dead.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Actually, Harley's current series has her trying to atone for all the bad she's done. I will agree on Jason though. Honestly, I prefer him dead.
    Maybe they should just make Jason a clone instead of somebody who died for a while?

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Im finally reading part one of this. I cant wait!

Extraordinary Member

Shadow War Zone #1 Preview
    Writers: Joshua Williamson, Nadia Shammas, Ed Brisson, Stephanie Phillips
    Artists: Otto Schmidt, Sweeney Boo, Mike Bowden, Mark Morales, and Antonio Fabela, Ann Maulina

That line about chilling out with Ollie on the cough feels ironic in light of DotJL...

Dat Otto Schmidt art! That Babs and Dinah banter .

Can't wait to learn more about Angel Breaker.

Extraordinary Member

Deathstroke Inc. #9 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Paolo Pantalena

Robin #14 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Roger Cruz

Extraordinary Member

After these two issues just one more to go.