Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow War

Extraordinary Member

Default Shadow War

Looks like in addition to Shadows of the Bat we'll be getting another event next year in Shadow War, it's been teased a few times now and looks like it will feature Talia.

Batman: Urban Legends #6:

Gotham City Villains Anniversary Giant:

Robin 2021 Annual:

Didn't Marvel already have one of those?

Bat-Books are getting to be as bad as Marvel with all the constant events.

What are they even going to do? Talia trying to take over the world again? Fighting all the disparate League off-shoots to consolidate her power? I know Williamson was homaging Morrison but still.

And what's with all the white?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

What are they even going to do? Talia trying to take over the world again? Fighting all the disparate League off-shoots to consolidate her power? I know Williamson was homaging Morrison but still.

I wouldn't really call it a Bat-event, it seems to be more of a storyline focused on the League of Shadows/Assassins and Black Canary (so I guess the Birds of Prey by extension), I haven't really seen Batman or the Batfamily being linked to it too much other than the build up being in the periphery of "Batman" titles; unless I've missed something. tho, to be fair, fans (and DC tbh) have long since reached the point where anyone/anything that touches batman enough is automatically a batman property
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-30-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Did you read the villain giant

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I wouldn't really call it a Bat-event, it seems to be more of a storyline focused on the League of Shadows/Assassins and Black Canary (so I guess the Birds of Prey by extension), I haven't really seen Batman or the Batfamily being linked to it too much other than the build up being in the periphery of "Batman" titles; unless I've missed something. tho, to be fair, fans (and DC tbh) have long since reached the point where anyone/anything that touches batman enough is automatically a batman property
    I assume Williamson is setting it up so Batman and Robin will probably headline the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Did you read the villain giant
    So the white is explained there.

Anyone else doesn't like Talia's costume? To me it feels very generic.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Well it looks like main Batman book will be a part of this storyline and it is going to span at least 3 titles. I don't see how that doesn't make this a Bat-event.

I like the white. Also like Pant suit Talia.

Soooo.. Bruce and Damian will reunite again to Defeat Talia??

Hoping that this DOES NOT RUIN Damian solo... I would hate Talia even more and with reason.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

To those starting to get excited, bear in mind this will likely be by Bendis as a continuation of his work with Talia*, who has just taken over Leviathan (again), who have consumed/destroyed all of DC's spy organisations excluding Checkmate. This will probably be them going after/warring with the remaining terrorist organisations, for example the League of Assassins/Shadows, Kobra, I.Q. maybe even someone fun like the Brotherhood of Evil. Event Leviathan was 2-3 years ago and I can't who they have/haven't already dealt with.

So strap in for a non-stop rollercoaster 6 issues of talking, circuitous dialogue, questioning, vaguery, talking, heroes bringing up moral debates without substance and/or resolution, two very similar action scenes (2-3 issues apart), talking, and either a sudden twist to finish or just no ending at all.

Yes, I finished Checkmate last week and I'm still a little salty that it was a big pile of nothing.

*I may be wrong, but Shadow War is a very 'Bendis' title...
    Last edited by exile001; 12-01-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Anyone else doesn't like Talia's costume? To me it feels very generic.
    She looks better in green.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    To those starting to get excited, bear in mind this will likely be by Bendis as a continuation of his work with Talia*, who has just taken over Leviathan (again), who have consumed/destroyed all of DC's spy organisations excluding Checkmate. This will probably be them going after/warring with the remaining terrorist organisations, for example the League of Assassins/Shadows, Kobra, I.Q. maybe even someone fun like the Brotherhood of Evil. Event Leviathan was 2-3 years ago and I can't who they have/haven't already dealt with.

So strap in for a non-stop rollercoaster 6 issues of talking, circuitous dialogue, questioning, vaguery, talking, heroes bringing up moral debates without substance and/or resolution, two very similar action scenes (2-3 issues apart), talking, and either a sudden twist to finish or just no ending at all.

Yes, I finished Checkmate last week and I'm still a little salty that it was a big pile of nothing.

*I may be wrong, but Shadow War is a very 'Bendis' title...
    This is most likely going to be a Joshua Williamson-fronted story, not Bendis. The three titles confirmed to be involved are Batman, Robin, and Deathstroke, Inc., all three of which are being written by him. He's also talked a little bit in podcasts about his three books colliding, and that he's been building to a major storyline throughout his run so far on Robin and Deathstroke Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    This is most likely going to be a Joshua Williamson-fronted story, not Bendis. The three titles confirmed to be involved are Batman, Robin, and Deathstroke, Inc., all three of which are being written by him. He's also talked a little bit in podcasts about his three books colliding, and that he's been building to a major storyline throughout his run so far on Robin and Deathstroke Inc.
    Hmmm . . . maybe I jumped the gun by adding Batman to my pull list starting with issue #118 . . . = sigh! =

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Fair enough.

Not sure if I like DC sharing what Bendis' is building with other writers but by the same token his stranglehold on characters at Marvel (including holding Norman f**king Osborn in AVENGERS away from Spider-man) was really detrimental.

Of the three, I'm only buying Robin right now so I hope it doesn't derail that book too much.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm very curious to see what's happening with this, though I'm also curious to see if DC can go more than a year without a Bat-event.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord