Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow War

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I posted who I think the killer behind all this is in the Damian thread
    Yeah, it doesn't take Columbo to figure that out, and that it's so obvious and Batman hasn't figured it out is what makes the story so annoying so far. There are two options: 1) it's a really poorly crafted red herring to shield some other culprit not yet revealed which is lazy. or 2) It really is Geoforce and it's just bad writing that the readers have figured it out before Batman.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they're whittling it down so Slade can get the big guns for Dark Crisis.
    We barely know who the guns are, really.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I have liked this so far. Interesting to see where it goes. Deathstroke on the run?! Ok...

Glad to see Batman and Robin back together.
    I wanted to see Bruce and Damian working together again for quite some time now, but the way Williamson did it was really underwhelming.
    "What do I have to do for you to work together with me again?"
    "Let me drive."
    ???
    That's it? Er...what? Why? I really hope we get a longer conversation in the next issue because that was bad.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I wanted to see Bruce and Damian working together again for quite some time now, but the way Williamson did it was really underwhelming.
    "What do I have to do for you to work together with me again?"
    "Let me drive."
    ???
    That's it? Er...what? Why? I really hope we get a longer conversation in the next issue because that was bad.
    It's just bad after the way he wrote their last interaction, if he had led with something like that and skipped the stupid melodrama of the first interaction it would have been a nice moment that said, "Remember all the stuff that led to them being estranged? Yeah, we all know it was garbage so lets go back to fun. " But by playing into it first it makes the turn feel wrong.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

man I guess hardly anyone like Shadow War despite the Lazarus Tournament being more favorable and well-liked. I'm wondering if I should had dropped Robin right before going to into Shadow War and end it with the tournament conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Has Williamson said anything about what role Prometheus will have in this? Could he be the mastermind behind this event?
    Prometheus has been treated like a jabroni by every writer except his creator Morrison.

I also hated the art on Deathstroke #8. Seemed very unfinished to me, or like a early 90's small press book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's just bad after the way he wrote their last interaction, if he had led with something like that and skipped the stupid melodrama of the first interaction it would have been a nice moment that said, "Remember all the stuff that led to them being estranged? Yeah, we all know it was garbage so lets go back to fun. " But by playing into it first it makes the turn feel wrong.
    Yeah, especially with how bad Williamson wrote Bruce handling it before. Like, at least let him expand on the Alfred comment to explain why he said it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    man I guess hardly anyone like Shadow War despite the Lazarus Tournament being more favorable and well-liked. I'm wondering if I should had dropped Robin right before going to into Shadow War and end it with the tournament conclusion.
    I am enjoying Shadow War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I am enjoying Shadow War.
    Yeah I kinda like it, its that my problem is that I get too many books that I trying to find excuses to drop books and reduce my spending on my pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    There are parts of it that I like and there are other parts that I really don't like, it's a mixed bag.

Yeah, especially with how bad Williamson wrote Bruce handling it before. Like, at least let him expand on the Alfred comment to explain why he said it.
    I like Bruce isn't good at EVERYTHING... even if it means he is a crap dad... however I felt that line was too outof character
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I like Bruce isn't good at EVERYTHING... even if it means he is a crap dad... however I felt that line was too outof character
    I feel like it would be one thing if it was believable, but whether it was or not probably depends on your opinion of Batman.

Astonishing Member

I feel like it would be one thing if it was believable, but whether it was or not probably depends on your opinion of Batman.
    Shadow War Bruce has been so clueless about everything, it's funny. Oddly enough, he comes off as a more likable and human character in this story.

I'm starting to think that multiple people were involved in setting Slade up. The sad part is, even though Slade deserves every bad thing that's happening and more, he's going to walk away from things more or less unscratched.

All-New Member

OMG! The hate and hypocrisy in this forum really baffling. And the double standard too.

Talia did something wrong: "Can we please remember that Talia is not real and writers/DC are making the decisions? "

Slade did something wrong: OMG! He did it himself! Evil incarnate! Burn him! He actually exist and responsible for his own actions!

Peoples should have thinks about their own actions. You and you and you all... poisioning the whole comic book fandom.
    You think everyone whose favorite character is a man are a lower lifeform. If that male character not a hero, then this doubly true.

Quote Originally Posted by kellabee View Post
    OMG! The hate and hypocrisy in this forum really baffling. And the double standard too.

Talia did something wrong: "Can we please remember that Talia is not real and writers/DC are making the decisions? "

Slade did something wrong: OMG! He did it himself! Evil incarnate! Burn him! He actually exist and responsible for his own actions!

Peoples should have thinks about their own actions. You and you and you all... poisioning the whole comic book fandom.
    You think everyone whose favorite character is a man are a lower lifeform. If that male character not a hero, then this doubly true.
    Slade was created for this. And outside of that role, he is useless.