Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow War

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Just got the first shadow wars read. I like it so far. Kinda excited to see where this goes

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay I’m one for liking Brion as the reveal, it makes a lot of sense and I feel like Williamson’s hinted at it throughout the story….but come on you knock him out WITH A ROCK? That’s his power for crying out loud.
    That's what makes it funny. The irony.
    Though not sure funny is what they were going for but yeah...
    The whole event when put together is a tad underhelming so what's one more nail in the coffin?

Ultimate Member

Okay I’m one for liking Brion as the reveal, it makes a lot of sense and I feel like Williamson’s hinted at it throughout the story….but come on you knock him out WITH A ROCK? That’s his power for crying out loud.
    "Your vulnerability made us vulnerable!"

Golly, that's some subtle writing there.

Poor Geoforce. He used to be a step below Superman in power, until he found his own kryptonite.

Synergy.

spoilers:
    So is the implication supposed to be that the great darkness resurrected Slade and made him one of his minions while he was in the Lazarus pit?
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I don't know, this was entertaining a little bit, but eventually the whole purpose of this event is just to make another set up for Dark Crisis, this time with Slade. Respawn is just wasted, instead of trying to do something more interesting with him, Williamson just killed him off and used his death to drive Slade even more crazy. It's like another Red-X, where you're making some sort of intrigue about the character, reveal turns out to be weird, and then the character is simply gone, and unlikely will be even remembered in a few years.
    I'm glad, that Bruce and Damian finally made amends, but their dynamic here was just awkward.

Whelp. The event, overall, might have been pretty "meh", but I really enjoyed how it ended. All in all I'd give Shadow War like.....a C+, right on the verge of a B-

There were a lot of fumbles (Respawn and his whole existence being one of the bigger ones) but they at least stuck the landing.

A bad event, that's all I can say.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't know, this was entertaining a little bit, but eventually the whole purpose of this event is just to make another set up for Dark Crisis, this time with Slade. Respawn is just wasted, instead of trying to do something more interesting with him, Williamson just killed him off and used his death to drive Slade even more crazy. It's like another Red-X, where you're making some sort of intrigue about the character, reveal turns out to be weird, and then the character is simply gone, and unlikely will be even remembered in a few years.
    I'm glad, that Bruce and Damian finally made amends, but their dynamic here was just awkward.
    They didn't really need to go through all of this to set Slade up for Dark Crisis, in his regular state he would be capable/ crazy enough to carry out the role they've given him.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

spoilers:
    So is the implication supposed to be that the great darkness resurrected Slade and made him one of his minions while he was in the Lazarus pit?
    end of spoilers
    Something like that I presume. Still I'm trying to figure out how Talia was able to kill Deathstroke... (Shouldn't he have been able to heal himself from that stab????) So is Deathstoke now full evil, like really evil?

Poor Geoforce. Poor Respawn. Don't care about Talia.

So Damian has a girlfriend now.

This event was meh.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 05-31-2022 at 04:42 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    So is Deathstoke now full evil, like really evil?
    If something controls him nothing will matter what he do during the Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrella View Post
    If something controls him nothing will matter what he do during the Dark Crisis.
    Good point. Now he can murder bunch of people and DC will again be able to pretend that actually he is not a villain after Dark Crisis ends.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrella View Post
    The solicit says he will feel something dark inside him, so it's not full control (yet) but something that he feel tempted to let it happen

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Something like that I presume. Still I'm trying to figure out how Talia was able to kill Deathstroke... (Shouldn't he have been able to heal himself from that stab????) So is Deathstoke now full evil, like really evil?

Poor Geoforce. Poor Respawn. Don't care about Talia.

So Damian has a girlfriend now.

This event was meh.
    Slade was always fully evil.

Astonishing Member

Geo Force was right about the Al Ghuls, Batman always treated them with kid gloves and wound up getting a raw deal. I'm surprised Terra wasn't involved since she's alive and part of the reason why he did all of this. Maybe she breaks him out of Belle Reve later on?

It's nice to see the Dynamic Duo together again before Tim takes over in Zdarsky's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Geo Force was right about the Al Ghuls, Batman always treated them with kid gloves and wound up getting a raw deal. I'm surprised Terra wasn't involved since she's alive and part of the reason why he did all of this. Maybe she breaks him out of Belle Reve later on?
    Yeah, it's not like Talia's hands are clean either. He's just incredibly biased in their favor.