Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Shadow War

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's not the worst ever, but the ones you listed would definitely be on that list hence my comparison between stale bread and actual feces. When you have to set the bar that low to say this wasn't a failure I don't really see the point.
    It's neither incredible or garbage, it's right there in the middle. Sometimes it's just what a book needs to be and i found to be an enjoyable read, but i understand that not everyone will be on that mindset and wanted something more complex or better written.

In a metaphor about food like you did, it felt like some fast food that i eat while waiting to get home to eat some home cooked meal.
    but anyway, it's not like it matter, i'm not advocating for this storyline nor trying to change your mind about it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's neither incredible or garbage, it's right there in the middle. Sometimes it's just what a book needs to be and i found to be an enjoyable read, but i understand that not everyone will be on that mindset and wanted something more complex or better written.

In a metaphor about food like you did, it felt like some fast food that i eat while waiting to get home to eat some home cooked meal.
    but anyway, it's not like it matter, i'm not advocating for this storyline nor trying to change your mind about it.
    There are stories that are just fun yet insubstancial like fast food, like Jason Aaron's Avengers...but that is much different than what we got here as even though they are light weight and hold action above all else they still tell stories. On the other hand when you have bad characterization, a twist ending that the writer themselves ruined and a plot that goes nowhere and ultimately says nothing you just have an objectively bad book.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    There are stories that are just fun yet insubstancial like fast food, like Jason Aaron's Avengers...but that is much different than what we got here as even though they are light weight and hold action above all else they still tell stories. On the other hand when you have bad characterization, a twist ending that the writer themselves ruined and a plot that goes nowhere and ultimately says nothing you just have an objectively bad book.
    And yet, people can still enjoy it. I don't know what you want me to say to you.
    I never claimed this to be a good book, it's a mediocre one, i'm well aware of that. I still think it was a serviceable crossover.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.