Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow War

Looking forward to this, actually. I dunno, but for some reason this appeals to me (which events almost never do). Maybe I trust Williamson more than I thought?

I do wonder who it is that Deathstroke kills which would set all this off? Williamson said that some fans would be intrigued, while other will be really angry. I was thinking Black Canary, but that would be a universally hated decision lol (also she's not really related to the League of Assassins).

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Looking forward to this, actually. I dunno, but for some reason this appeals to me (which events almost never do). Maybe I trust Williamson more than I thought?

I do wonder who it is that Deathstroke kills which would set all this off? Williamson said that some fans would be intrigued, while other will be really angry. I was thinking Black Canary, but that would be a universally hated decision lol (also she's not really related to the League of Assassins).
    I've seen people speculate he kills Ra's.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    At least it seems to be a contained crossover by one writer. That should at least keep a consistent vision and tell a single, clear story across the books.
    But in my case, it means there are six issues from two other series I don't care about that are involved, plus the three Alpha/Omega/War Zone issues.

Williamson couldn't at least wait for more than four months into his Batman run before throwing this event crossover crap at us?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    who could Deathstroke kill that upsets a family of immortals

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Why did DC get rid of Deathstroke's Ikon Suit?
    Was legit one of the best costumes ever (across DC characters).
    Tony Daniel brought back his design for Slade from the New 52 in Tynion’s Batman run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    who could Deathstroke kill that upsets a family of immortals
    I don't think they'd expect him to stay dead but it's still an affront to the family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post

I think she led the league once

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think she led the league once
    That's from whatever alternate Earth Gotham City Garage is set on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That's from whatever alternate Earth Gotham City Garage is set on.
    and future ends, the idea has been played with

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It me, I speculate that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

What's the current situation on the Lazurus Pits anyway? Ra's death seems like a trivial thing for Tailia to get worked up on considering her father cheats death more than any character in comics.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

He might as well, it's not like he can't/won't come back. Maybe he has another albino son he can transfer his ghost into or whatever? Ugh, that was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But in my case, it means there are six issues from two other series I don't care about that are involved, plus the three Alpha/Omega/War Zone issues.

Williamson couldn't at least wait for more than four months into his Batman run before throwing this event crossover crap at us?
    It's worse for me as I'm only buying Robin! I swear the time I spend flipping through books I'm not going to buy in my LCS (while chatting) is getting longer and longer. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    What's the current situation on the Lazurus Pits anyway? Ra's death seems like a trivial thing for Tailia to get worked up on considering her father cheats death more than any character in comics.
    I guess most of them are destroyed? If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned in Robin, that Pit on Lazarus Island is the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess most of them are destroyed? If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned in Robin, that Pit on Lazarus Island is the last one.
    And Williamson wrote that, so...

Although there will always be more Lazarus Pits .

Williamson also brought back Lord Death Man and reminded us that his blood is Lazarus blood so that might be relevant as well.