Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow War

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess most of them are destroyed? If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned in Robin, that Pit on Lazarus Island is the last one.
    Nain Pit is still around, I think.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

SHADOW WAR: ALPHA #1
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    Variant cover by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    1:25 variant cover by DAN MORA
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/29/22

When Deathstroke assassinates spoilers:
    Ra’s al Ghul,
    end of spoilers Talia al Ghul demands revenge and sends her League of Shadows to kill Deathstroke and Deathstroke Inc.! Batman and Robin must team up to track down Deathstroke and bring him to justice…but do they? Expect over-the-top fights, action, mystery, and betrayal as this crossover event creates a major impact on the DCU!
    The action continues in April with Batman #122!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    SHADOW WAR: ALPHA #1
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    Variant cover by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    1:25 variant cover by DAN MORA
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/29/22

When Deathstroke assassinates spoilers:
    Ra’s al Ghul,
    end of spoilers Talia al Ghul demands revenge and sends her League of Shadows to kill Deathstroke and Deathstroke Inc.! Batman and Robin must team up to track down Deathstroke and bring him to justice…but do they? Expect over-the-top fights, action, mystery, and betrayal as this crossover event creates a major impact on the DCU!
    The action continues in April with Batman #122!
    spoilers:
    So what most people figured.
    end of spoilers

It'll be nice to see Bruce and Damian together although oddly I'm reminded of the Son of Batman animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So what most people figured.
    end of spoilers

It'll be nice to see Bruce and Damian together although oddly I'm reminded of the Son of Batman animated movie.
    I mean it would explain some of the gifs that Williamson has been sharing on Twitter.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it would explain some of the gifs that Williamson has been sharing on Twitter.
    Ah, the old gif tactic .

Extraordinary Member

Info on April's issues for Shadow War: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...inues-in-april

Astonishing Member

Sounds like eventually it will be revealed that it was actually Talia, who killed Ra's.

Slade just looks excited to have Respawn, like he just figured out "Oh man I got myself a Robin"
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, obviously Respawn is going to be the secret child of Talia and Deathstroke because of Priest's dumb retcon. Talia is going to be the one that got Deathstroke to kill Ra's. And finally Deathstroke and Batman are going to have faced off before he ever interacted with the Titans. Essentially retconning him into a Batman villain first. I think I actually called that happening in a thread months and months ago, lol.

So Respawn isn't Grant...?

So Respawn isn't Grant...?
    Why would he be Grant? It felt clear that they are setting him up to be a contemporary of Damian, Rose, and Connor. He doesn't look like an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Why would he be Grant? It felt clear that they are setting him up to be a contemporary of Damian, Rose, and Connor. He doesn't look like an adult.
    Art has seemed inconsistent. That and Grant has been dead for so long that if he had literally "respawned" he'd probably be around their age.

Art has seemed inconsistent. That and Grant has been dead for so long that if he had literally "respawned" he'd probably be around their age.
    Feels like he has mostly been drawn as an older teen. I just think it is beyond obvious he is going to be Deahstroke and Talia's kid at this point. The story keeps reinforcing it with how they are positioning Bruce/Damian against Deathstroke/Respawn and are involving Talia in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Feels like he has mostly been drawn as an older teen. I just think it is beyond obvious he is going to be Deahstroke and Talia's kid at this point. The story keeps reinforcing it with how they are positioning Bruce/Damian against Deathstroke/Respawn and are involving Talia in it.
    I feel like that's setting himself up for irrelevancy because people only care about Talia having one kid. Slade has enough kids.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like that's setting himself up for irrelevancy because people only care about Talia having one kid. Slade has enough kids.
    This Slade has three kids already why do this? Stop trying to get Damian to be related to Respawn