Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    F new readers. X-men has been around for over 60 years. New readers arent expected to know everything. Heck most of us longtime readers never knew Lourdes existed yet she's a current subplot in this book. It is what it is
    It's a notorious issue with practically all famous long running cape comics and one of the highest walls people need to overcome when they want to give the comics a chance. Also one reason why the constant relaunches are the perfect "jumping off point" as many like to joke, because they just make an allready messy situation all the more worse.

I think two good ways to handle this issue are to either have people who can point someone into the right direction to read up on the history or have the mentality to just roll with it and try to piece the old events together by hints and remarks made in story.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-01-2021 at 10:47 AM.

While this was a good read and emotional i kind of rather the iceman moment didn't happen just because it felt like the iceman moment was thrown in just so duggan can say he did something with him. I don't think the potential ridicule he opened himself up to over it is really worth it. It would have been a perfect issue if he expanded on either the shinobi/leland scene or a bit more lourdes and just left the z story out. But this was a solid 9/10 for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I' actually so sick of Bobby just getting power spots in 20 issues he hasn't had any character development or a storyline like he just shows up does fancy ice tricks everyone awes, he contemplates his potential & then we move on he's been doing that for decades now I'm over it honestly.
    I was glad to see Bobby get a spotlight where he does something cool, but you're right. I think the closest thing Bobby has had to a "story arc" in this series is him becoming more aggressive and less hesitant to use his powers, but I don't know Bobby's whole history, maybe he's already had arcs like that in the past. Other than that, I guess he had his dalliance with Christian, which went nowhere, and he's now buddies with Pyro (although we barely got to see that relationship develop on panel.)

I was gonna be annoyed by Pyro being left out out of the issue completely, but he was mentioned in Emma's letter to Harry, as having helped "write" Leland's backstory. And I actually appreciate that. Duggan has given two shout-outs now to Pyro as a writer, which is an aspect of his character that usually gets ignored, so that's nice. There's no excuse for poor Bishop, though. Completely dropped out of the story this time. Maybe he's working on his "war college."

I have mixed feelings about Shinobi being Harry's son, but at least Leland's return was well-written, and I liked his camaraderie with Sebastian.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Being gay isn't a storyline it's just who he is, time to move on from that, as for what's to tell IDK I'm not a writer that's not my job. But if this man can find an excuse to shove Kate & Emma down our throats at every possible turn he can find something for the cast to do.
    Hmmmm, um well sounds like you might want to cop a squat over here with us Bishop fans, it might just be a minute. Sorry for the bad news kiddo!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hmmmm, um well sounds like you might want to cop a squat over here with us Bishop fans, it might just be a minute. Sorry for the bad news kiddo!
    At least Bishop got the promotion to Captain, though I don't even think that happened in this book, he's wasted on here someway Storm was, I'd say Pyro too but realistically this is probably the best he could hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue as well...though the FFF scenes were secondary to the Leland plot, Bobby flexed (For two issues in a row, scant pickings, but I'm taking it.)

Nope. You're not...and Goddess I hope so. That would be awesome.
    Agreed. The band is pretty much back together so I'm down for it!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Has Pyro already defected to Team Green?
    My flag is bacon.

The issue was fun. The Iceman stuff was basic but at least he did something. I agree, I'm not sure why Harry Leland is the right representative. So bizarre. And I don't support the change in parents for Shinobi either.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

It was a fun and heart-warming issue. I'm also not sure why he's a good choice for UN, but idc honestly.

Loved the Cuckoo riding a horse.

Edit: just praising the art. Lolli and Beredo are a great duo.
    Last edited by Alex.; 12-01-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    I was glad to see Bobby get a spotlight where he does something cool, but you're right. I think the closest thing Bobby has had to a "story arc" in this series is him becoming more aggressive and less hesitant to use his powers, but I don't know Bobby's whole history, maybe he's already had arcs like that in the past. Other than that, I guess he had his dalliance with Christian, which went nowhere, and he's now buddies with Pyro (although we barely got to see that relationship develop on panel.)

I was gonna be annoyed by Pyro being left out out of the issue completely, but he was mentioned in Emma's letter to Harry, as having helped "write" Leland's backstory. And I actually appreciate that. Duggan has given two shout-outs now to Pyro as a writer, which is an aspect of his character that usually gets ignored, so that's nice. There's no excuse for poor Bishop, though. Completely dropped out of the story this time. Maybe he's working on his "war college."

I have mixed feelings about Shinobi being Harry's son, but at least Leland's return was well-written, and I liked his camaraderie with Sebastian.
    Lol, Bishop's war college might as well be elementary school spitball contest for all they've done so far. We're almost 30 issues in and they still haven't done anything significant with Bishop besides a haircut and wardrobe change.

But that's nothing new at this point.

I gotta say this is like the third time "F**k around and find out" has been used in an X-Men comic this year. Like okay Marvel I get it, you're hip with the kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Has Pyro already defected to Team Green?
    Not officially. He's supposedly still working with the crew, since Emma had him help write Leland's backstory. Maybe he and Bishop are off having ice cream sundays or something this issue. I expect we'll at least see him in the final issue of Duggan's Marauders run. Or I hope.

Fun book but feeling kind of meandering, random and pointless now. Hopefully the new cast will bring about more focus on the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I gotta say this is like the third time "F**k around and find out" has been used in an X-Men comic this year. Like okay Marvel I get it, you're hip with the kids.
    Duggan loves to have his white characters use AAVE and it’s not cute. Lorna saying “catch these hands” was such an eye roll moment.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-01-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Duggan loves to have his white characters use AAVE and it’s not cute. Lorna saying “catch these hands” was such an eye roll moment.
    Could have been worse. He could have had her say "Catch dese hands" and then follow up with a "mofo".