Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Resurrecting the Genoshan dead was never gonna be a way to atone for her sins as she didnt kill them. Resurrecting the ones that were killed as a result of M-Day would have made far more sense. There isnt really much to justify in Empyre as her plan was ill thought and quite stupid. At the very least she should have done a test run on one dead person instead of an entire island
    Yeah that made no sense, but it also still has never made sense why she was in Empyre X-Men in one costume and in Empyre Avengers in another. Nor did it make sense that she didn't know what magic artifacts did. Since she's the one that has warned others about their misuse. But modern comics are very lazy about consistency and making any sense it seems.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    This whole thing has been a mess. I guess Pietro got lost somewhere while all of this was going down and I dread to think who’s going to be labelled her killer.

What was up with Billy and Tommy? Whatever Leah thought that was, it wasn’t healing: ‘everyone hates you because you screw things up, hurry and forgive yourself or people will die and everyone will hate you for it!’ To a woman who has no memories of a huge chunk of her life with the exception of: ‘Wanda’s top ten traumas’ shoved into her brain with no context.

This book has no substance nor significance, nothing matters.
    Yep, and the weird thing is at first they point to Cerebro having old memories ,but Wanda resurrects herself and still has no memories 'and yet is talking about her 'past' , 'present' , 'future' self.The writer was confused which is weird
    to be that incoherent in the penultimate issue.

Astonishing Member

They just shoved way too much in. The Kaiju attacks were unneeded except as a way to give mutants yet another reason to hate Wanda, and because they needed some action scenes I guess. Which I could label as being the bane of a decent chunk of this era, the need to put some kinda action scene in every issue when I’d prefer more worldbuilding on what kind of nation Krakoa is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yep, and the weird thing is at first they point to Cerebro having old memories ,but Wanda resurrects herself and still has no memories 'and yet is talking about her 'past' , 'present' , 'future' self...
    Very good point. I missed these inconsistencies. This is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yep, and the weird thing is at first they point to Cerebro having old memories ,but Wanda resurrects herself and still has no memories 'and yet is talking about her 'past' , 'present' , 'future' self.The writer was confused which is weird
    to be that incoherent in the penultimate issue.
    The Old Memories woke up in an unfamiliar place surrounded by people she didn’t know. The past, present, and future selves sync up once her past and present self accept their actions. Once she makes an effort to accept her past she also accepts what she has done, which had been covered already in her solo. Wanda’s appearance based on age is a concept that was done in her solo run but done in a totally different and better coherent way.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

What was the point of this mini? By the end of issue 5, what will have changed for Wanda bc so far it just seems to have reset her back to where she was before the gala

What was the point of this mini? By the end of issue 5, what will have changed for Wanda bc so far it just seems to have reset her back to where she was before the gala
    It was supposed to garner “sympathy” for Wanda. The plot and execution has dwindled and killed that plan, unless issue 5 is about her victims airing their feelings directly to her and Wanda acknowledging that mutants have every right to despise her and she make peace with it. I’m still for her being able to work with mutants to work towards forgiveness, but writer should be someone who can handle making characters that where destroyed by editorial worth presenting in stories again.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

It didn't just set her back to before the gala but seemingly back to the 70s or 80s with needing some of her more modern memories told to her.

I think they are trying to re-establish her as the nexus being of the 616 in response to what the MCU is doing with the character.

Remember how Hope acted all creepy and mind controlled Magneto into stopping the Avengers from seeing Wanda's corpse? And some of us thought it was a fake Hope because it was so weird? What happened to that plot point?

This is just another exhausting repeat of nearly every Wanda story told in the last few years, at least from the X office. Although again I can't blame her too harshly for the Kaiju, since they were created via magical backlash from her violent murder.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Remember how Hope acted all creepy and mind controlled Magneto into stopping the Avengers from seeing Wanda's corpse? And some of us thought it was a fake Hope because it was so weird? What happened to that plot point?

This is just another exhausting repeat of nearly every Wanda story told in the last few years, at least from the X office. Although again I can't blame her too harshly for the Kaiju, since they were created via magical backlash from her violent murder.
    That and shoving every traumatic event and breakdown she's experienced from the last thirty years into her head at once and telling her that it's her greatest hits. I know it's not going to happen, but if somehow in issue #5 it turns out Jean was purposely trying to make Wanda break down again, I would not be suprised.

Thinking about this they could have made it so much less complicated and streamlined.

Issue #1 could have just been as is which was just people assuming Magneto did it, them doing all that detective stuff, reactions from important mutant characters associated with SW and the Avengers arriving as the cliff hanger.

Issue #2 could have been the X-Men and Avengers vs Magneto fight but without him being such a weirdo and OOC. ( He should have just fought them because his mentality is if you think it was me than F it Ill throw down with you) with them finally knocking him out and the cliffhanger being old Wanda comes back.

Issue #3 could have been the Avengers telling her about Decimation and her not believing it and her powers overwhelming her and she unknowningly summons the kaiju. It honestly should have been the Genosha sentinel though that would have been so messed up to see on krakoa and would have had such an impact. And have Billy appear here by teleportation because he felt his mom come back.

Issue #4 could have been the issue that focused on Wanda coming to terms with what she did and having an issue with the HoM reunited and Krakoan mutants taking down the Genosha type sentinel.

Issue#5 should be her stating there will be no trial of Magneto because she knows who did it and we end up dealing with that mystery (Ill let somone more clever come up with that) and THEN with the help of Hope Summers, Elixir, Jamie Braddock, Proteus, and Legion they would have created a circuit to repower any mutant who wants to be repowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    As messy and crazy as this series has been, it gave us a meaningful and genuine mother/daughter team up with Jean and Rachel that fans have been begging for decades for and also gave confirmation that Lorna FINALLY finished her dissertation and got her PhD that her and Alex have been working on getting since the 80’s. Those plot points give the mini some credit.

And dead at the Ellen Degeneres character thinking she can come for Wanda.
    It has to blow to have beef with someone you know would stomp you out easily all she could do is yell.

So I reread the issue & I came to the conclusion the only sane members of the "Magnus Family" are Lorna & Tommy the rest of them are a mix of batshit & just fucked up.

Let's start with Erik man has intense trauma, mass murderer in his own right huge superiority complex.

Pietro daddy issues the size of Texas which he can't even deal with anymore cause that's not his daddy, is a failure of a father & played a key role in M-Day which mostly goes ignored.

Wanda, emotionally unstable depending on whatever writer has her, in a constant state of switching between denial, & self-hate, has a demon that's ironically her Grandson tormenting her for years & constantly trying to possess her. House of M, Decimation & all that **** haunt her at every corner.

Billy, mentally unstable; with both depression & anxiety that rears up at the drop of a hat, has more power than he knows what to do with, (like literally just created a random universe & abandoned it after he got what he needed leaving people depressed in his own comic just last week) also he was deadass about to lie to all those mutants faces at the end of this comic & gaslight TF out of them before Wanda spoke up, lmao he ain't **** for that.

Lorna & Tommy are the only 2 well adjusted ones sure they got they own issues but the other 4 are just f*cked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I reread the issue & I came to the conclusion the only sane members of the "Magnus Family" are Lorna & Tommy the rest of them are a mix of batshit & just fucked up.

Let's start with Erik man has intense trauma, mass murderer in his own right huge superiority complex.

Pietro daddy issues the size of Texas which he can't even deal with anymore cause that's not his daddy, is a failure of a father & played a key role in M-Day which mostly goes ignored.

Wanda, emotionally unstable depending on whatever writer has her, in a constant state of switching between denial, & self-hate, has a demon that's ironically her Grandson tormenting her for years & constantly trying to possess her. House of M, Decimation & all that **** haunt her at every corner.

Billy, mentally unstable; with both depression & anxiety that rears up at the drop of a hat, has more power than he knows what to do with, (like literally just created a random universe & abandoned it after he got what he needed leaving people depressed in his own comic just last week) also he was deadass about to lie to all those mutants faces at the end of this comic & gaslight TF out of them before Wanda spoke up, lmao he ain't **** for that.

Lorna & Tommy are the only 2 well adjusted ones sure they got they own issues but the other 4 are just f*cked up.
    Lorna has also had her own mental health struggles. They need some more therapy (some have had it already).