Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What could she do for them that they would possibly want? Ms thang can't restore them without the Life-force that's been established, & she already dealt with the monsters all she can do now is either leave or face the mob.
    Oh they'll absolutely forget about the life force. They already have everywhere else because initially when the life force thing happened she wasn't a suped up reality warper without it. But then has been able to reality warp without it. So Wanda has whatever powers writers want her to have at any given moment. She's the mess they made her because continuity is their enemy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so is Wanda a mutant again or not??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so is Wanda a mutant again or not??
    Gotta wait till the last issue of this trainwreck.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Oh they'll absolutely forget about the life force. They already have everywhere else because initially when the life force thing happened she wasn't a suped up reality warper without it. But then has been able to reality warp without it. So Wanda has whatever powers writers want her to have at any given moment. She's the mess they made her because continuity is their enemy.
    Marvel constantly adds new "origins" for Earth's heroes powers: The Lifespring, the Wellspring of Power, the Godpower source, the Concordance Engine, the Cosmic Entity Origin... etc.

The only source that has stuck is the Celestials' genetic manipulation but how and why they did it changes constantly too...

I guess you could argue that the Lifespring, Wellspring of Power and Godpower source are the same thing...?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Marvel constantly adds new "origins" for Earth's heroes powers: The Lifespring, the Wellspring of Power, the Godpower source, the Concordance Engine, the Cosmic Entity Origin... etc.

The only source that has stuck is the Celestials' genetic manipulation but how and why they did it changes constantly too...

I guess you could argue that the Lifespring, Wellspring of Power and Godpower source are the same thing...?
    With Wanda it isn't something pre-planned. It often isn't even explained. It's just up to the next writer as to whatever they want to do. Like they don't decide we'll now she's this powerful. She'll be really powerful in one book, then not in another. Sometimes these books run at the same time.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    That and shoving every traumatic event and breakdown she's experienced from the last thirty years into her head at once and telling her that it's her greatest hits. I know it's not going to happen, but if somehow in issue #5 it turns out Jean was purposely trying to make Wanda break down again, I would not be suprised.
    They’ve been taking notes from Professor X about ethical use of telepathy. Also maybe petty revenge for the M-day thing?

Jean was pretty tame, considering that she once made Emma relive the deaths of the original Hellions.
    My flag is bacon.

Thank god, TOM #4 put this mini series back on track imo after the very disappointing TOM # 3.
    I really enjoyed this issue and am now looking forward to TOM #5, the who dunnit closing chapter.
    Any guesses ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Thank god, TOM #4 put this mini series back on track imo after the very disappointing TOM # 3.
    I really enjoyed this issue and am now looking forward to TOM #5, the who dunnit closing chapter.
    Any guesses ?.
    If its not Pietro I'd be very surprised.

Astonishing Member

You know, since Magic and metal are involved, Imma say it’s Dr Doom

Okay, I kinda did not pay attention between when the entire M-pox thing happened till the Hickman run so I’m sorry Emma did what?!
    Yeah in the end part of X-men Blue Emma worked with a weird mix of X villains to create a forced mutation virus based on Mothervine, which was extracted from Jimmy, Wolverine's son from the Ultimate Universe who somehow ended up in the main universe. They shot missiles loaded with the stuff at most major cities around the world. Most people turned into gross monsters and few got superpowers. One poor kid got his eyes replaced with mouths, and was running around screaming for his mom because he couldn't see. The mass produced mutants were under the control of the ragtag villain group, which caused Emma to turn on them after they captured the X-men Blue team. Magneto tried to kill her for the mess (plus he had to kill several mutants controlled by them that were sent to kill him) Teen Jean stopped him because of vague "we'll need her for whats coming". She never suffered any consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    HOLDUP. No one told me Beak was looking like dis! Yeah I wouldn’t want to go back to lookin like a shaved chicken either. Mutant pride be damned.
    Beak is a stud without the feathers. I think Toad is supposed to be really handsome when he loses his powers too, though I can't find any pictures with a quick search.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Yeah in the end part of X-men Blue Emma worked with a weird mix of X villains to create a forced mutation virus based on Mothervine, which was extracted from Jimmy, Wolverine's son from the Ultimate Universe who somehow ended up in the main universe. They shot missiles loaded with the stuff at most major cities around the world. Most people turned into gross monsters and few got superpowers. One poor kid got his eyes replaced with mouths, and was running around screaming for his mom because he couldn't see. The mass produced mutants were under the control of the ragtag villain group, which caused Emma to turn on them after they captured the X-men Blue team. Magneto tried to kill her for the mess (plus he had to kill several mutants controlled by them that were sent to kill him) Teen Jean stopped him because of vague "we'll need her for whats coming". She never suffered any consequences.

Beak is a stud without the feathers. I think Toad is supposed to be really handsome when he loses his powers too, though I can't find any pictures with a quick search.
    Wow, they didn’t even bother to try and retcon that one always and just pretended it didn’t happen? How exactly is she she the public face of the Hellfire Trading Company after that stunt?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    When the world's mutants got depowered for weeks in 1999 (funny how that one seemingly didn't came with all the horrible results that Decimination did despite 16 million more mutants existing at the time), Toad was indeed turned into looking handsome, while Blob got annoyed (instead of suicidal) over his skin hanging down.

Also thinking about Beak, i wonder how many of his and Angel's kids allready got used to chewing their food with their teeth instead of dissolving it with stomach acid before having to drink it?

Would they really be keen to be turned into featherless bird hybrids with fly wings again? Especialy when it involves them having to get killed in a brutal arena fight first?

Wow, they didn’t even bother to try and retcon that one always and just pretended it didn’t happen? How exactly is she she the public face of the Hellfire Trading Company after that stunt?
    It's sadly not suprising seeing how Bishop killing 7 billion people on Earth via ABC weapons in an alternate future also got simply put on the "we pretend that didn't happen" pile (though i can understand any Bishop fan who prefers it that way) a short while after he came back. Despite the fact that it's a major part of Hope's backstory.

Redemption or even aknowleding crimes and trying to find penance seems to have gone out of style with X-men writers and editors. Except when it comes to dragging Wanda back into the shame circle.

These whataboutism when it comes to trying to defend Wanda are not helping any of your cases.

The sooner you guys get it through you heads that Wanda came the closest to ending mutant kind and the ramifications of that the better off you will be.

This fantasy land that you guys are living in where suddenly Wanda is going to just be laughing and joking with the rest of the mutants like nothing is just silly. Her being a hero doesn't matter to mutants especially since she isn't a mutant.

If you honestly wanted to "redeem" Wanda it would have to be a complete character shift from "not wanting to just be labeled a mutant" to basically dedicating her life to the prosperity of mutants. Not everyone but just mutants. While she makes this change she will have blowback and ridicule as she should. People will reject her and treat her harshly but as this happens she shows up to protect and defend mutants vs anyone no matter what. She does it and then doesn't ask for thanks and simply walks away until the next attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    These whataboutism when it comes to trying to defend Wanda are not helping any of your cases.

The sooner you guys get it through you heads that Wanda came the closest to ending mutant kind and the ramifications of that the better off you will be.

This fantasy land that you guys are living in where suddenly Wanda is going to just be laughing and joking with the rest of the mutants like nothing is just silly. Her being a hero doesn't matter to mutants especially since she isn't a mutant.

If you honestly wanted to "redeem" Wanda it would have to be a complete character shift from "not wanting to just be labeled a mutant" to basically dedicating her life to the prosperity of mutants. Not everyone but just mutants. While she makes this change she will have blowback and ridicule as she should. People will reject her and treat her harshly but as this happens she shows up to protect and defend mutants vs anyone no matter what. She does it and then doesn't ask for thanks and simply walks away until the next attack.
    They can't do that now, because they've now reset her back to the bronze age. The time to have done that would have been The Children's Crusade. They messed up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They can't do that now, because they've now reset her back to the bronze age. The time to have done that would have been The Children's Crusade. They messed up too much.
    I agree I'm just saying that is how it would need to be done, but honestly I believe that her antagonizing relationship with mutants is fine.