Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Emma knows that Xavier, Magneto and Moira allowed a lot of tragedies to happen in order to get everyone on the same page for Krakoa.
    Emma knows they hide information from her like mutants always losing to Nimrod or the Sentinels but she didnīt mention tragedies and even agreed to keep the secret on the ban of precognitive mutants, I think the next issues will explain better exactly what all of them know or dont know.

If Colossus is still under Mikhail's control this is another huge blunder.
    They donīt know about Colossus being mind controlled by Mikhail, they all trust him so they think he will be a good member for the Quiet Council, I guess we will see what Percy reveals on this front because this will affect the next issues of Inferno.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-05-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They donīt know about Colossus being mind controlled by Mikhail, they all trust him so they think he will be a good member for the Quiet Council, I guess we will see what Percy reveals on this front because this will affect the next issues of Inferno.
    Or Xavier lobbied for him specifically because he has been proven to be rather manipulatable. Perhaps the whole plot in X-force was done specifically to establish him as such towards current readers?

It just feels like it isn't a coincidence that his whole role in X-force has so far boiled down to showing him as mostly passive and manipulatable and now he is thrown on the Council when Xavier might want to exert as much control as possible to counter Destiny.

The talk of Xavier, Magneto and Moira knowing about M-Day largely comes from the montage of scene during one of her lives, I think life 3. It showed the Phoenix 5, which would only make sense in the aftermath of M Day. So it had to have happened at least once in her lives. Its part of the larger flaw of basing so much around what Moira as seen. If her lives were radically different, then the idea that her knowledge is super important loses weight because it doesn't actually tell them much about the future. If her lives were largely the same, it makes her into a psychopath who didn't prevent multiple tragedies. And how much and how little she told Xavier and Magneto matters a lot too. Too much, and they're also complicit psychopaths who didn't stop said tragedies. Too little, and they look like gullible idiots for going along with her for so long. Xavier in particular can appear to have lied almost from day 1 depending on how much he knew. But that's getting a bit too off topic.

I can't quite remember how the build up to M Day went down. Specifically, when the Avengers and X-men met at Genosha. I remember Emma being the one to suggest putting Wanda down because it would be bad for mutants if it got out a mutant killed some of the Avengers, and Captain America objecting. I think Wolverine agreed they should do it, but I don't remember if they actually decided to do it before Pietro panicked and ran to Wanda to convince her to 'fix' everything.

This series tried to be a little bit of everything, and ended up being a lot of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Or Xavier lobbied for him specifically because he has been proven to be rather manipulatable. Perhaps the whole plot in X-force was done specifically to establish him as such towards current readers?

It just feels like it isn't a coincidence that his whole role in X-force has so far boiled down to showing him as mostly passive and manipulatable and now he is thrown on the Council when Xavier might want to exert as much control as possible to counter Destiny.
    Well to be fair with a few exceptions like Domino, Hank or Kid Omega, X-force has been like a second solo title for Wolvie so I am not surprised Peter character has not been explored.

I can see itīs a possibility Charles believes Peter is more manipulable, I hope they donīt go this way, that would be extra boring, Colossus is a character who decides what heīs gonna do by himself and neither his brother, Sister, Xavier or Kitty can make him change his mind once heīs made a decision, unless thereīs mind control involved. I hope to see some of the old Colossus who decided to help save mutants by taking the legacy cure he knew was going to kill him, or the one who decided to join the acolytes to try and build a bridge between them and the X-men and also because he was dissapointed with Xavier dream.

Percy said he had actual plans for Colossus so lest hope to see them.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Well to be fair with a few exceptions like Domino, Hank or Kid Omega, X-force has been like a second solo title for Wolvie so I am not surprised Peter character has not been explored.

I can see itīs a possibility Charles believes Peter is more manipulable, I hope they donīt go this way, that would be extra boring, Colossus is a character who decides what heīs gonna do by himself and neither his brother, Sister, Xavier or Kitty can make him change his mind once heīs made a decision, unless thereīs mind control involved. I hope to see some of the old Colossus who decided to help save mutants by taking the legacy cure he knew was going to kill him, or the one who decided to join the acolytes to try and build a bridge between them and the X-men and also because he was dissapointed with Xavier dream.

Percy said he had actual plans for Colossus so lest hope to see them.
    Did Domino even have all that much focus either? I recall she had the initial story of getting skinned and there being a few negative copies of her being mass produced, but since then i don't think she had much to do or agency.

As for Collous, we will see yes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The talk of Xavier, Magneto and Moira knowing about M-Day largely comes from the montage of scene during one of her lives, I think life 3. It showed the Phoenix 5, which would only make sense in the aftermath of M Day. So it had to have happened at least once in her lives. Its part of the larger flaw of basing so much around what Moira as seen. If her lives were radically different, then the idea that her knowledge is super important loses weight because it doesn't actually tell them much about the future. If her lives were largely the same, it makes her into a psychopath who didn't prevent multiple tragedies. And how much and how little she told Xavier and Magneto matters a lot too. Too much, and they're also complicit psychopaths who didn't stop said tragedies. Too little, and they look like gullible idiots for going along with her for so long. Xavier in particular can appear to have lied almost from day 1 depending on how much he knew. But that's getting a bit too off topic.

I can't quite remember how the build up to M Day went down. Specifically, when the Avengers and X-men met at Genosha. I remember Emma being the one to suggest putting Wanda down because it would be bad for mutants if it got out a mutant killed some of the Avengers, and Captain America objecting. I think Wolverine agreed they should do it, but I don't remember if they actually decided to do it before Pietro panicked and ran to Wanda to convince her to 'fix' everything.

This series tried to be a little bit of everything, and ended up being a lot of nothing.
    when it came to the discussion with the avengers and x men in house of m, charles calls the meeting and is the one who suggests killing her because he's tried everything else, only emma and logan seem to agree everyone else wants to go talk to wanda and see what she wants

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Did Domino even have all that much focus either? I recall she had the initial story of getting skinned and there being a few negative copies of her being mass produced, but since then i don't think she had much to do or agency.

As for Collous, we will see yes.
    We saw her wondering about the ressurection process and wanting to keep her memories even if they involved trauma but you are right, since then not much of substance has been done with her and yes I want Colossus back

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    that is not what new Hickman's HOXPOX canon says .
    question, how many people would be mad at them for hiding the truth?
    Enough to get them killed and resurrected by Emma?

IIRC there was once something mentioned about the Shadow Kings having an influence on Destiny when she was writing the diaries.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Enough to get them killed and resurrected by Emma?
    Possibly I think they went to defeat Nimrod on their own and were killed but I guess we will see.

IIRC there was once something mentioned about the Shadow Kings having an influence on Destiny when she was writing the diaries.
    Interesting, this adds much to the mystery, especially since he killed her.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Possibly I think they went to defeat Nimrod on their own and were killed but I guess we will see.

Interesting, this adds much to the mystery, especially since he killed her.
    If I'd had a choice, I'd retcon that to have Moira tell Legion to do it.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Emma knows they hide information from her like mutants always losing to Nimrod or the Sentinels but she didnīt mention tragedies and even agreed to keep the secret on the ban of precognitive mutants, I think the next issues will explain better exactly what all of them know or dont know.

Imo the writers will make sure Emma is squeaky clean coming out of Inferno.Going by how she imploded Hellions as a team, yet Sinister murdered the team after the Amenth 'excursion' and Mastermind mindwiped the team before the whole Sinister is making a chimera ..I need to act..drama and Emma who had Empath reporting to her ,is now in the clear.. there's no way Emma will be culpable for any Inferno indiscretions(if she will have any in relation to Inferno)
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-06-2021 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    when it came to the discussion with the avengers and x men in house of m, charles calls the meeting and is the one who suggests killing her because he's tried everything else, only emma and logan seem to agree everyone else wants to go talk to wanda and see what she wants
    ^This. I often hear people say that the mutants were ready to kill Wanda when it was literally just Emma and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Imo the writers will make sure Emma is squeaky clean coming out of Inferno.Going by how she imploded Hellions as a team, yet Sinister murdered the team after the Amenth 'excursion' and Mastermind mindwiped the team before the whole Sinister is making a chimera ..I need to act..drama and Emma who had Empath reporting to her ,is now in the clear.. there's no way Emma will be culpable for any Inferno indiscretions(if she will have any in relation to Inferno)
    Yes I think you are right, so far Inferno looks like itīs going to be affect the standing of Xavier, Magneto and Moira not Emma because itīs their secrets the main narrative conflict.Sure I think Hickman could add something about Emma but I think she has the role of the righteous one in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    If I'd had a choice, I'd retcon that to have Moira tell Legion to do it.
    Yes I think this may make more sense with Moira X retcon still I think it would be interesting to explore Shadow King with this retcon in mind, what if he knew something about Moira?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    ^This. I often hear people say that the mutants were ready to kill Wanda when it was literally just Emma and Logan.
    Its been a long time since I've read it, but I didn't think anyone besides Emma and Logan actually said they should kill her before Pietro panicked and kickstarted House of M. So I've always been confused when I see people say the X-men and Avengers were going to kill their friend.

Astonishing Member

All my statements to that effect were mostly that Wanda in Children’s Crusade was willing to let the X-men killer or whatever else they considered just for what she had done, it was only after Emma decided to mess with her kid’s heads that she decided not to surrender to the X-men.

Honestly Charles Eve suggesting it instead of I don’t know, getting a psychiatrist to try and help Wanda always felt off. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have a degree in it and I really doubt Telepathy gives you equivalent experience. Then again I just hate these stories for wrecking Wanda and the Mutants in the first place.