Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men: The Trial of Magneto #4 Review/Spoilers

Flashback to the Five. They're planning on reviving Wanda, but it seems that her memory escapes Cerebro and revives itself. Wanda revived herself naked which, you know, good for her. Love your body and yourself.

Later on. Billy and Tommy know that something is fucky with their Wanda (Past Wanda), since Tommy saw his mom's corpse and knew she was dead. Prodigy explain show they found Wanda strangled by metal, and Billy says that it's possible the metal was actually enchanted. "Just because Eye-Boy didn't see any enchantment residue on her remains doesn't mean the metal itself wasn't enchanted." They join Northstar and co. making dinner; they have to look at the case again from a magical perspective.

Back to the present. Billy figures out that the kaiju are magic. He and his superior brother take the Scarlet Witch away

Meanwhile, Wanda battles Old Woman Wanda in another realm. OWW is beating up Wanda and asks Wanda if this isn't what she wants: someone to punish her for her sins, and absolve her. She says that Wanda needs to let go of the guilt she feels, because it's eating her up inside and manifesting as the kaiju.

Past Wanda, meanwhile, is having a breakdown and lashing out because she can't accept all of this. Speed gets mad and says that this is why people don't trust her, and why they're afraid of her. Billy cries that he's spent his whole life defending his mother. He says that she made these creatures, because she refuses to take accountability for her future.

OWW convinces Wanda to forgive herself, while Past Wanda decides to do something about the chaos she created. The past, present and future versions of Wanda sync up. All three Wandas return to the fight and fight the kaiju. Having reconciled her past, present and future, the monsters are easier to fight.

More X-Men show up to fight the monsters, even the war captains. (Hellion's not there, but I'm assuming he was too busy starring in vanity projects in Mojoworld.) The monsters are defeated, and OWW & Past Wanda fade away.

Wanda has a reunion with her dad and kids. She begins to apologize to Krakoa, when this lady who looks like Ellen DeGeneres calls her out for making the monsters in the first place. Wanda says that she can explain, and says that she knows who attacked her.

TL;DR: Wanda has to take accountability for her actions, but also forgive herself and learn to let go of the past. Only by accepting all parts of herself can she take the first steps.

The Krakoan at the end reads "THE ACCUSED."
    Last edited by Rift; 12-01-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Default The Trial of Magneto #4 Review/Spoiler - "It's Always Her Fault"

We start off with the Five resurrecting Wanda from a backup pre M-Day. Hope is unbothered bc she mentions its not like they can fire them. Before they do anything Wanda seemingly resurrects herself. Wanda then narrates. We see Wiccan arrive and wonder what kind of metal was used to strangle her. We find out that Rachel and Jean are giving Wanda back ehr memories. X-Factor is discussing the case and suggest they bring in Excalibur bc of the magical element

Elsewhere Old Wanda is fighting Wanda and tells her she has to let go of all her guilt as its manifesting as monsters that are attacking her loved ones. On Krakoa, the twins tell the other Wanda the same thing and she lashes out at them. They are over her and her inability to accept responsibility. She finally accepts it and starts to heal as the three Wandas come together to fight the monsters and defeat them

The Old Wanda fades away and only one remains. She reunites with Magneto and they embrace. Magma leads the charge against her for the attack on Krakoa. Wanda says she can explain as she knows who attacked her
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-01-2021 at 10:45 AM.

I stand with the random mutant that said "It's always her fault"

LOL I laughed so hard when all those mutants are ready to attack the Witch. I'd be right in there like "get this Witch off the island"

When wanda said "i know what this is." i literally thought "a hot mess." i think the very first page with the headache inducing circular words pretty much sums this issue up, it was just spiraling towards it's conclusion. I honestly don't believe leah wrote this, i in fact at multiple times through it thought "this can't be leah writing." some parts came off just so i don't know what other word to use other than juvenile. I wasn't disatisfied with the content in that it was entertaining but i spent more time thinking like "is this for real" I don't know i couldn't even rate it after i read it because i was and am still thinking "i just don't know." I think i enjoyed it though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This was better than issue 3 - as if it could have gotten any worse - but still was not that great compared to the first two issues. I suppose it will come down to issue 5 as to how this all ended up. Beginning to wonder if Tommy or Billy killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    When wanda said "i know what this is." i literally thought "a hot mess." i think the very first page with the headache inducing circular words pretty much sums this issue up, it was just spiraling towards it's conclusion. I honestly don't believe leah wrote this, i in fact at multiple times through it thought "this can't be leah writing." some parts came off just so i don't know what other word to use other than juvenile. I wasn't disatisfied with the content in that it was entertaining but i spent more time thinking like "is this for real" I don't know i couldn't even rate it after i read it because i was and am still thinking "i just don't know." I think i enjoyed it though.
    I think that circular thing was meant to be clever but i didnt even bother to read it

that sounds really bad...

...wasn't Wanda cancelled years ago?

I'm glad we're back to the actual murder mystery, but again, this issue reads a bit like two different scripts thrown into a blender. Very curious to see who the actual culprit is. After this issue, it's almost certainly not Old Wanda.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-01-2021 at 10:52 AM.

I wish Wanda would create mutant zombies again...that was at least fun!

Logan has tried to kill Wanda more times than I can count, her son aswell why is he on her team? Rogue would have been more believable why even write her in if not to put her there. Also why did Gambit take off his shirt? I mean I ain't mad at it but for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Logan has tried to kill Wanda more times than I can count, her son aswell why is he on her team? Rogue would have been more believable why even write her in if not to put her there. Also why did Gambit take off his shirt? I mean I ain't mad at it but for what?
    Ha! I wondered that too. It was so random. Then I got to wondering if he thought he'd accidentally charge his clothing with his powers..which has never been a thing before...but random actions get random responses.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's been said that Gambit is always looking for an excuse to take his shirt off and I can't blame him
    Make Good Art

Yo this Karen was dumb Tight!!!! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This was better than issue 3 - as if it could have gotten any worse - but still was not that great compared to the first two issues. I suppose it will come down to issue 5 as to how this all ended up. Beginning to wonder if Tommy or Billy killed her.
    My guess is that the mutants were having a party for themselves that didn't include anything related to her, so she got mad and created a fake Magneto to kill her in order to get some atenttion. So basically suicide.

As the random mutant said "It's always her fault".

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    My guess is that the mutants were having a party for themselves that didn't include anything related to her, so she got mad and created a fake Magneto to kill her in order to get some atenttion. So basically suicide.

As the random mutant said "It's always her fault".
    I don't understand why this comic book is called the trial of magneto