Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Thats not the point. She still made it happen when it shouldnt have.

Thats such a dumb statement and low key a gas lighting technique.
    Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Pretty much, although depowering is also pretty nasty. My general point is more that if writers and fans keep on saying that Wanda needs to be held directly responsible for M-day every time she shows up, then I insist every appearence of Jean Grey hold her responsible for eating that star as the Phoenix, and Magneto be held responsible to the Xorn debacle as well.
    Please do not summon Jean's fans to derail the thread. lol

Incredible Member

Pretty much, although depowering is also pretty nasty. My general point is more that if writers and fans keep on saying that Wanda needs to be held directly responsible for M-day every time she shows up, then I insist every appearence of Jean Grey hold her responsible for eating that star as the Phoenix, and Magneto be held responsible to the Xorn debacle as well.
    I totally agree. The Wanda bashing has gone to such an insane level, it's ridiculous.

Pretty much every mutant of note, good or bad, have done horrible things (Not just the villains, but pretty much every member of the X-men have blood in their history). It is pretty hypocritical to just bash Wanda constantly while handwaving aside everything else.

Can the killer just be Agatha since Marvel has her trash talking Wanda. This ways better than last and that ain’t much
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 12-01-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I'll be the derailer. Jean's crimes didn't affect people we care about. She killed some stupid broccoli people a bajillion miles away, and we only got small pockets of their suffering. Whereas with Wanda's decimation, we saw how things royally screwed over mutants as a species for years, got characters we love killed, and impacted the X-line for a long time. Next time Wanda accidentally commits genocide, she should kill some aliens we won't see or deal with.

For the record, I'm on Wanda's side. Frankly, she should have been "redeemed" a long time ago, especially since it was an accident, she was immediately regretful, and she has been working to atone and fix things. Decimation isn't even the worst thing she's done. But I don't think the scenarios are similar enough from a meta standpoint, and I can understand why people would be pissed. That said, my heart does go out to all those D'Bari stans.
    Last edited by Rift; 12-01-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I totally agree. The Wanda bashing has gone to such an insane level, it's ridiculous.

Pretty much every mutant of note, good or bad, have done horrible things (Not just the villains, but pretty much every member of the X-men have blood in their history). It is pretty hypocritical to just bash Wanda constantly while handwaving aside everything else.
    In 1999 there was a storyline where the High Evolutionary supported and manipulated by Mister Sinister depowered all mutants on Earth for weeks (long enough for Blob's skin to shrink down to normal and Wolverine almost dying from his adamantium skeleton).

In the current status quo it's been made official that the number of mutants before House of M was 1 million world wide. The death toll of Genosha is still officialy around 16 million mutants. Which means back then 17 million mutants were suddently depowered without warning.

Which in theory also means that the random deaths of depowered mutants from losing their powers during dangerous situations or stunts and becomming victims of anti-mutant radicals should have logicaly been 16 times higher than during Decimination shouldn't it?

So where is that Mister Sinister fella, who must have caused the same level of deaths and trauma via depowering as Wanda did on a MUCH grander scale, now?

But yeah it's a ridiculous sight to behold all things considered. Good thing the screen adapations don't seem to be negatively affected by the mismanagement of these characters.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-01-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

The one advantage of not having the X-men film rights, they never had the urge to make a House of M movie!

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Wiccan shouldn't have to tell Prodigy that metal can be enchanted. David probably knows more than him about magic.
    Poor David never could quite compare to Billy, tis the reason despite his best efforts, Billy is the Prince Consort of space & he had to settle for Billy's unknown twin & some corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

it really isn't. Wanda didn't "just do a horrible thing"

She brought the mutants the closest to extinction. Talk about all the villains you want but she got the closest to ending mutants. The academy X kids honestly thought they were the last generation of mutants

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If they want mutants, and X-men fans, to hate her less, the only logical choice would tie her more to mutants, not less. Have her be Magneto's daughter, live in Krakoa, fight for mutants. As it stands, they had her depower and kill mutants (and IRL, be used to diminish the X-men's standing), then had her run away, hide, not be tied to mutants and not do much for them.

The one advantage of not having the X-men film rights, they never had the urge to make a House of M movie!
    They could have made one without having the X-men license

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'll be the derailer. Jean's crimes didn't affect people we care about. She killed some stupid broccoli people a bajillion miles away, and we only got small pockets of their suffering. Whereas with Wanda's decimation, we saw how things royally screwed over mutants as a species for years, got characters we love killed, and impacted the X-line for a long time. Next time Wanda accidentally commits genocide, she should kill some aliens we won't see or deal with.

For the record, I'm on Wanda's side. Frankly, she should have been "redeemed" a long time ago, especially since it was an accident, she was immediately regretful, and she has been working to atone and fix things. Decimation isn't even the worst thing she's done. But I don't think the scenarios are similar enough from a meta standpoint, and I can understand why people would be pissed. That said, my heart does go out to all those D'Bari stans.
    Ok but like M-Day only hit canon fodder mutants anyone who was relevant was quickly repowered, & judging from the Mob on her ass at the end it seems most of her "victims" are back or at least about to hit the Crucible, so like is it really that deep? Cause like at the end of the day can't none of em whoop her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok but like M-Day only hit canon fodder mutants anyone who was relevant was quickly repowered, & judging from the Mob on her ass at the end it seems most of her "victims" are back or at least about to hit the Crucible, so like is it really that deep? Cause like at the end of the day can't none of em whoop her ass.
    thats not true. Dani Moonstar and Jubilee only got repowered like 2-3 years ago. Theres no denying it, but what Wanda did royally shifted the line in a major way that no single act from a character has. We are STILL dealing with the ramifications of that to some degree. I actually think things would have been better for her had Marvel done her redemption story closer to when the thing happened. She should have died in AvX with her sacrifice reversing the damage she had done and having her go out as a hero. Instead we got no accountability for years and nothing done with her has been satisfactory. Unfortunately the ship has sailed. She is forever ruined as a character and there is now a sector of the audience that will never see it for Wanda
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-01-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not true. Dani Moonstar and Jubilee only got repowered like 2-3 years ago. Theres no denying it, but what Wanda did royally shifted the line in a major way that no single act from a character has. We are STILL dealing with the ramifications of that to some degree
    Those 2 are like C or D-List X-men though Marvel probably thought they weren't needed/valued. And are we still dealing with it I can't recall the last time we had a Crucible. The 5 are probably on Genosha victims at this point.

I spilled my coffee this morning. It prompted me to go kick some Kaiju ass.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!