Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So frustrating that Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force keeps getting brought up on Trial of Magneto threads, go away.
    Echo has the Phoenix Force now move on.
    Wtf is an Echo? Is that Wanda's new sibling? Were they at the "Trial"? Did THEY kill Wanda?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually very good points. We readers might discount their trauma because they're just fictional characters to us, but for them, it was (and remains) all too real.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You could write an entire thesis on the topic of toxic and selective forgiveness from this entire relaunch. Certain atrocities are played up as unforgivable while others are ignored. Characters who have done worse and more personal crimes to good characters with zero remorse or apologies get more sympathy than others. And its not just Wanda. I'm still baffled at how Way of X handled Lost and Cortez. Get over your trauma, Lost, otherwise Onslaught will kill us all! Blech.

That kind of analysis I don't feel motivated to go through without somebody paying me. Too much work.
    That's the thing though this could be forgiven but it would take work to get there. They haven't forgiven sinister, they haven't forgiven Cassandra nova and they haven forgiven shadow king. They simply tolerate them because now they are useful to the nation building one way or another. If Wanda was a mutant she would be there and some would ask if the mutants have forgiven what she did. As the the whole pretender mythos is built off her being revealed not to be a mutant. She would have been the one doing the crucible having to face her victims kill them and lead their resurection ceremony. But that is not the case since she is not mutant.

Apocalypse got a 22 event to event justify what he did and that still left many shaky on how they feel about him. It's not that some Genocides are more unforgivable that others, it is that marvel is doing a very bad job or reconciling these charachters. Now any resolution in the end would feel like they trying to please wanda fans by letting the xmen forgive and forget their bear extinction event or, that the mutants are dragging a the past and being sensitive by wanda fans.
    This entire event was just kinda redundant at the end, but I mean marvel is a business first and foremost soo...
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-02-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    That's the thing though this could be forgiven but it would take work to get there. They haven't forgiven sinister, they haven't forgiven Cassandra nova and they haven forgiven shadow king. They simply tolerate them because now they are useful to the nation building one way or another. If Wanda was a mutant she would be there and some would ask if the mutants have forgiven what she did. As the the whole pretender mythos is built off her being revealed not to be a mutant. She would have been the one doing the crucible having to face her victims kill them and lead their resurection ceremony. But that is not the case since she is not mutant.

Apocalypse got a 22 event to event justify what he did and that still left many shaky on how they feel about him. It's not that some Genocides are more unforgivable that others, it is that marvel is doing a very bad job or reconciling these charachters. Now any resolution in the end would feel like they trying to please wanda fans by letting the xmen forgive and forget their bear extinction event or, that the mutants are dragging a the past and being sensitive by wanda fans.
    This entire event was just kinda redundant at the end, but I mean marvel is a business first and foremost soo...
    Apocalypse has also spent most his long, long, comic history, and his changing sides wasn’t a combination of a writer deciding to retcon a character repeatedly so they could execute an editorial mandate. I just want them to move past frigging M-day so they can do something else with Wanda as a character. Instead we’ve been rebasing it ever since House of M, it never gets resolved, and keeps on getting dragged up.

As for the mini, I liked X-factor but the editorial interference has really bloated this thing way larger than it needed to be, in terms of characters and the sheer number of things going on. I doubt the Kaju were part of the original draft.

baumblume

So far, someone killed Wanda for some reason, we still dont know why because have drag out everything as long as possible. Then Wanda ressurects herself because why not. Her back up is before House of M, for zero reason as she counted a mutant until the Axis event. I guess this way we could have a moment to force the genocide memories into her head...to do nothing with. Then she saves the island from a threat that she created and on the side she meets different versions of herself and the one that has not commited genocide yet forgive the one that did genocide. And they merge and then wanda is happy because the version of her that is not guilty forgive her, so now she is not guilty.
    Leah dont say Wanda is not a mutant . so Wanda is now A MUTANT

baumblume

As per this story, it appears Leah technicality says Wanda is his daughter. It is a re-retcon, also known as an "un-con." It establishes that Wanda is a mutant again Wanda's act of M-Day and her non-mutant origin was unconned at the end of Wanda: Redemption and Rebirth, which this title is carried over from.
    Last edited by baumblume; 12-02-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    If I had lips like that...

Jean has done this twice already without the PF, I'm prerty sure.
    No, she hasn't, unless you count one nonsensical bad writing from teennjean that counts as piss, but the regular/old jean has only been revived for obvious reasons by the Phoenix Force, and it still didn't stop it from being food worms underground for many years lol.

The one that can revive is the PF no jean.

And this is about a better character, Wanda, than if she could revive herself.

baumblume

Nobody remembers it was called "Trail of Magneto" to be honest.
    it was called elizabeth olsen is scarlet witch

As messy and crazy as this series has been, it gave us a meaningful and genuine mother/daughter team up with Jean and Rachel that fans have been begging for decades for and also gave confirmation that Lorna FINALLY finished her dissertation and got her PhD that her and Alex have been working on getting since the 80’s. Those plot points give the mini some credit.

And dead at the Ellen Degeneres character thinking she can come for Wanda.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Incredible Member

This is a weird frankenstein story involving X-men x Avengers crossover, fight with Magneto, the 'likely' forgiveness in Wanda's relationship with mutants, and ..... Kaiju. This is too much for one event to do.

Why would her guilt manifest as Kaiju? Has she historically had any conscious or subconscious association with Kaiju? It would be more fitting if she had manifested hordes of Sentinels/Nimrods.

Marvel could have milked this for all its worth:
    1. A 'Trial of Magneto series' that actually involves a courtroom trial (bring back the Space Lawyer from New Mutants), culminates in a fight that ends up with Magneto temporarily out of the picture. Avengers could still be involved.
    2. A 'Search for Wanda series' that is more magical in nature, but involves Excalibur (who are the mutants who should be involved with magic) and not just Billy showing up
    3. A 'Rebirth of Wanda series' that could involve Kaiju (if the previous series establishes some connection) or some other fight that Krakoa can't defeat. Avengers could still be involved.

I usually hate it when companies stretch out stories to make more money (Here's looking at you, Hobbit Trilogy movies), but this is a case where they have crammed too much into one event without any proper developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    As messy and crazy as this series has been, it gave us a meaningful and genuine mother/daughter team up with Jean and Rachel that fans have been begging for decades for and also gave confirmation that Lorna FINALLY finished her dissertation and got her PhD that her and Alex have been working on getting since the 80’s. Those plot points give the mini some credit.

And dead at the Ellen Degeneres character thinking she can come for Wanda.
    That's Magma Wanda depowered her boyfriend while he was flying in a volcano and he died

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Apocalypse has also spent most his long, long, comic history, and his changing sides wasn’t a combination of a writer deciding to retcon a character repeatedly so they could execute an editorial mandate. I just want them to move past frigging M-day so they can do something else with Wanda as a character. Instead we’ve been rebasing it ever since House of M, it never gets resolved, and keeps on getting dragged up.

As for the mini, I liked X-factor but the editorial interference has really bloated this thing way larger than it needed to be, in terms of characters and the sheer number of things going on. I doubt the Kaju were part of the original draft.
    Wanda was doing well away from the mutants she was making progress and the mutants were well feeling with trauma... Till all of a sudden we have to get wanda to become a mutant against slash become magneto's daughter again.
    The thing is of wanda is involved with mutants the m day event would always come up, of not by writer's by fans. To get last this they need to actually coming to bringing resolution to the mutants and actually redeeming wanda something they seem incapable of doing well. The other is that they can just let her be and live her life.
    I am in the camp of let wanda live her life and let mutants feel how they feel. Especially knowing that the mutants are kinda a special case seeing as most marginalized groups in the real world sees themselves in them. If you are going to redeem what wanda did which was basically analogous to mass conversion therapy or white washing, they have to do it well to give the poor woman some damm peace. Because this ain't it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That's Magma Wanda depowered her boyfriend while he was flying in a volcano and he died
    Yh that really fucked with Amara. It was sooo sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    While it’s great to acknowledge Amara’s canon experience with Decimation, when and why exactly did she get a pixie cut?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Extraordinary Member

I have to ask

Did the Kaiju things manifest because of Jean/Rachel gave Wanda her biggest and most traumatizing memories back?
    Never made sense to me why 2 experiences Telepaths would trauma-dump on a reality warper like that but chalked it up to Leah being Leah

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I have to ask

Did the Kaiju things manifest because of Jean/Rachel gave Wanda her biggest and most traumatizing memories back?
    Never made sense to me why 2 experiences Telepaths would trauma-dump on a reality warper like that but chalked it up to Leah being Leah
    They’ve been taking notes from Professor X about ethical use of telepathy. Also maybe petty revenge for the M-day thing?