Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I reread the issue & I came to the conclusion the only sane members of the "Magnus Family" are Lorna & Tommy the rest of them are a mix of batshit & just fucked up.

Let's start with Erik man has intense trauma, mass murderer in his own right huge superiority complex.

Pietro daddy issues the size of Texas which he can't even deal with anymore cause that's not his daddy, is a failure of a father & played a key role in M-Day which mostly goes ignored.

Wanda, emotionally unstable depending on whatever writer has her, in a constant state of switching between denial, & self-hate, has a demon that's ironically her Grandson tormenting her for years & constantly trying to possess her. House of M, Decimation & all that **** haunt her at every corner.

Billy, mentally unstable; with both depression & anxiety that rears up at the drop of a hat, has more power than he knows what to do with, (like literally just created a random universe & abandoned it after he got what he needed leaving people depressed in his own comic just last week) also he was deadass about to lie to all those mutants faces at the end of this comic & gaslight TF out of them before Wanda spoke up, lmao he ain't **** for that.

Lorna & Tommy are the only 2 well adjusted ones sure they got they own issues but the other 4 are just f*cked up.
    Oh boy. Lorna actually has a bit of history in the comics for going crazy a couple of times...not quite on Wanda levels but did go on a rampage trying to kill Havok when he left her at the altar.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oh boy. Lorna actually has a bit of history in the comics for going crazy a couple of times...not quite on Wanda levels but did go on a rampage trying to kill Havok when he left her at the altar.
    Tbf, Havok had it coming.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Apparently wiccan is the demiurge who is like the once and future king of magic and will be omnipotent and rewrite the rules of magic and shall reign forever more.
    Hopefully far, far away from the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    This is a weird frankenstein story involving X-men x Avengers crossover, fight with Magneto, the 'likely' forgiveness in Wanda's relationship with mutants, and ..... Kaiju. This is too much for one event to do.

Why would her guilt manifest as Kaiju? Has she historically had any conscious or subconscious association with Kaiju? It would be more fitting if she had manifested hordes of Sentinels/Nimrods.

Marvel could have milked this for all its worth:
    1. A 'Trial of Magneto series' that actually involves a courtroom trial (bring back the Space Lawyer from New Mutants), culminates in a fight that ends up with Magneto temporarily out of the picture. Avengers could still be involved.
    2. A 'Search for Wanda series' that is more magical in nature, but involves Excalibur (who are the mutants who should be involved with magic) and not just Billy showing up
    3. A 'Rebirth of Wanda series' that could involve Kaiju (if the previous series establishes some connection) or some other fight that Krakoa can't defeat. Avengers could still be involved.

I usually hate it when companies stretch out stories to make more money (Here's looking at you, Hobbit Trilogy movies), but this is a case where they have crammed too much into one event without any proper developments.
    I wpuld prefer as little Avengers involvement as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I have to ask

Did the Kaiju things manifest because of Jean/Rachel gave Wanda her biggest and most traumatizing memories back?
    Never made sense to me why 2 experiences Telepaths would trauma-dump on a reality warper like that but chalked it up to Leah being Leah
    would you have preferred them to keep coddling Wanda and only give happy memories?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well this is the second faux pas against mutants since the birth of Krakoa so she's used up her forgiveness card. There isn't a double standard unless Sabertooth and Nature Girl get second chances.
    Uhmmm...about those second chances...
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

They’ve been taking notes from Professor X about ethical use of telepathy. Also maybe petty revenge for the M-day thing?
    Maybe lol, although they would be the ones who would get hurt if she broke under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nature Girl was found guilty Krakoa helped her escape behind the QCs back.

Wanda commited crimes against mutants after the nation of Krakoa. So she would be found guilty of attacking a nation twice by human law.

She hasn't tried to atone "multiple times" unless you're counting making things worse. Are you talking about Rictor and Empyre? Cause those are the only two times shes tried to "atone". She was an antagonist that summoned the Phoenix in AvX. The writers have tried to sweep it under a rug and as result made the situation look even worse.

The mistake is trying to make it Wanda centric the key thing is to make it mutant victim centric and have Wanda participate
    Yeah, a second chance.I never said QC gave them one, I said they got one.

Well she's saved the planet multiple times as well so I think they would pardon her.Also can you specify the twice when she attacked them?

Not to mention human governments themselves want to attacks them so I doubt they'd have a problem w/ her in the first place

I said tried to atone, not be successful.

The problem is re-treading the same story again and again.Move on

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    would you have preferred them to keep coddling Wanda and only give happy memories?
    I'd rather they not do anything until they know Wanda is stable.Seriously they all know what she did when she broke down, they really dumped decades of trauma on her and luckily it resulted in big Kaiju monsters and not her reality warping them out of existence....

It's not about Wanda but what happens to the people nearby and even Krakoa if she looses her mind again.

Lorna has also made a career out of being mind controlled by other people, so there's that too.

The thought of anyone on that island deliberately antagonizing Wanda knowing what she's capable of is kind of hilarious. Yes, let's try to lynch the woman who nearly ended our race by accident in the middle of a mental breakdown. Hopefully she won't do anything bad to us now that's she's in sound mind!

How much different would this be if Wanda were unapologetic like Apocalypse or Magneto usually are?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Lorna has also made a career out of being mind controlled by other people, so there's that too.

The thought of anyone on that island deliberately antagonizing Wanda knowing what she's capable of is kind of hilarious. Yes, let's try to lynch the woman who nearly ended our race by accident in the middle of a mental breakdown. Hopefully she won't do anything bad to us now that's she's in sound mind!

How much different would this be if Wanda were unapologetic like Apocalypse or Magneto usually are?
    You mean if the Wanda on the island had the Uncanny Avengers mindset? **** that would be juicy cause that version of Wanda would laugh in Magma's face then summon some tea sip very slowly while making direct eye contact before grabbing her sons & dipping before Rogue can stab her lmao.
    Last edited by Journey; 12-02-2021 at 08:40 PM.

BANNED

That and shoving every traumatic event and breakdown she's experienced from the last thirty years into her head at once and telling her that it's her greatest hits. I know it's not going to happen, but if somehow in issue #5 it turns out Jean was purposely trying to make Wanda break down again, I would not be suprised.
    I think Wanda is going to defend herself to Krakoa and make the case she should be accepted because they have certainly had multiple people who committed mass destruction on the council. I think after Wanda defends herself, Magneto and Lorna will defend her. I think Jean will too, as she isn’t hounded for what she did as Dark Phoenix. Plus everyone knows this kaiju attack happened after Jean and Rachel gave Wanda her edited versions of her memories.

Astonishing Member

TBF, the capable of rewriting reality thing is when possessed by the Life Force because they needed to fix the really dumb idea Bendis had with the character. And I'd imagine while in-story it might be different, I don't see X-writers ever doing it, and fan dislike would be about the same.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

We need to hear from:

Chamber, DJ, Rubbermaid, Beak, Stacy X, Lost, Mirage, Aero, Wind Dancer, Tag...
    My flag is bacon.

TBF, the capable of rewriting reality thing is when possessed by the Life Force because they needed to fix the really dumb idea Bendis had with the character. And I'd imagine while in-story it might be different, I don't see X-writers ever doing it, and fan dislike would be about the same.
    She was able to warp reality and create monsters without the Life Force in this story. Hell, Wanda was able to hold her own against people with the power of the Phoenix without the need of the Life Force.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-02-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    She was able to warp reality and create monsters without the Life Force in this story. Hell, Wanda was able to hold her own against people with the power of the Phoenix without the need of the Life Force.
    I should have clarified, warping reality in a “No more mutants” kind of way. Wanda is still powerful, but she no longer has the power of editorial mandate enforcement.

And no, we do not need every individual mutant whose lives were affected by Wanda to show up and have a spiel about how they were affected. It didn’t happen for Inhumans vs X-men, it didn’t happen for every mutant Magneto has ever screwed over, etc., etc. Wanda is not the first character to have gotten wrecked by bad writing and editorial mandate, but she is one of the ones who doesn’t get an easy retcon fix out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    We need to hear from:

Chamber, DJ, Rubbermaid, Beak, Stacy X, Lost, Mirage, Aero, Wind Dancer, Tag...
    Didn't Beak get kinda cute after M-Day?

We never hear the stories about mutants that were thankful to lose their powers. There was one mini that told the story of a young girl that was happy with it, though.

Beak's been THRILLED when he's lost his powers. Last time he got them back he was forced into having them by Emma and Ms. Sinister and it was played for horror.

Beak's been THRILLED when he's lost his powers. Last time he got them back he was forced into having them by Emma and Ms. Sinister and it was played for horror.
    I think Beak was repowered I remember in the OG new mutants those French Twins from eXtermination brainwashed him & his family to come to Krakoa after purifiers killed his parents or some **** Glob & Armor led them there if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Didn't Beak get kinda cute after M-Day?
    Yeah
    2024: The Year of Hellion