Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Tbf, Havok had it coming.
    Havok always has it coming.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Oh oh. Wanda went and pissed-off the twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think Beak was repowered I remember in the OG new mutants those French Twins from eXtermination brainwashed him & his family to come to Krakoa after purifiers killed his parents or some **** Glob & Armor led them there if I recall.
    Yup, he and his family were brainwashed into coming to Krakoa after the New Mutants led drug dealers to his home and got his father killed in the crossfire. But before that he showed up in X-men Blue near the end when Emma worked with Ms Sinister (and I think Bastion for some reason?) to force people to mutate by firing missiles with mutant creating gas at major cities. Most people turned into horrible monsters but people with the X gene had their powers forcibly turned back on/awakened early. Beak was shown screaming "noooooooooooooooooooooo" or something when he started turning into a bird guy again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Yup, he and his family were brainwashed into coming to Krakoa after the New Mutants led drug dealers to his home and got his father killed in the crossfire. But before that he showed up in X-men Blue near the end when Emma worked with Ms Sinister (and I think Bastion for some reason?) to force people to mutate by firing missiles with mutant creating gas at major cities. Most people turned into horrible monsters but people with the X gene had their powers forcibly turned back on/awakened early. Beak was shown screaming "noooooooooooooooooooooo" or something when he started turning into a bird guy again
    Okay, I kinda did not pay attention between when the entire M-pox thing happened till the Hickman run so I’m sorry Emma did what?!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The Old Memories woke up in an unfamiliar place surrounded by people she didn’t know. The past, present, and future selves sync up once her past and present self accept their actions. Once she makes an effort to accept her past she also accepts what she has done, which had been covered already in her solo. Wanda’s appearance based on age is a concept that was done in her solo run but done in a totally different and better coherent way.
    Still incoherent even with all the attempt at a contrived narrative, if she resurrected herself the easiest way to make sense of it all would be to say that the elder 'future' Wanda killed the younger 'past' Wanda so that she has no recall of what she did to wipe the slate clean but somehow Cerebro's old backup brought the younger 'past' Wanda back.The writers had all the tools to make everything coherent but they are just clowning around at this point. This is ridiculous writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Still incoherent even with all the attempt at a contrived narrative, if she resurrected herself the easiest way to make sense of it all would be to say that the elder 'future' Wanda killed the younger 'past' Wanda so that she has no recall of what she did to wipe the slate clean but somehow Cerebro's old backup brought the younger 'past' Wanda back.The writers had all the tools to make everything coherent but they are just clowning around at this point. This is ridiculous writing.
    You are not wrong and it took me a couple of re-reads to understand.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Didn't Beak get kinda cute after M-Day?

We never hear the stories about mutants that were thankful to lose their powers. There was one mini that told the story of a young girl that was happy with it, though.
    It'd be interesting to see a bunch of mutants who want to do the crucible to loose their powers. Beak depowered joined the X-men halls of cute redheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeah
    HOLDUP. No one told me Beak was looking like dis! Yeah I wouldn’t want to go back to lookin like a shaved chicken either. Mutant pride be damned.

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Tbf, there was that one issue of her solo series where Pietro tried to involve her in Civil War 2 and she told him she wasn’t taking sides, called him out for talking her into House of M, and called him manipulative and a sociopath iirc.
    I believe Wanda's issue with Pietro regarding House of M and M-Day was that Pietro did not own his role in that tragedy, and has a habitually does not own the actions/decisions that he makes. (Keep in mind, he allowed everyone who didn't know better to think it was a skrull who was imitating him, remember?) Of course, the heroes present who knew the full truth did not put it out there either. Also, Pietro wasn't the only one who did not own up to their role in M-Day, Magneto was culpable also. Wanda just before her "death" in her talk with Magneto inferred that he hadn't revealed the full truth of what happened, in which he allowed mutant society to demonize her as if she was solely responsible for M-Day. Wanda was indeed responsible, but it publicly should have been known who shared it with her and why. I can only imagine what a person might go through emotionally, knowing they were responsible for a tragedy, yet taking on the full and sole responsibility for it when there were others (Magneto, Pietro) who strongly contributed to that tragedy. She bore the full brunt of that tragedy as if it was all and only her, which I am sure amplified her guilt over her direct role. She in her eyes appeared to the only one who got flack from the mutant community over it, while Magneto and
    appeared to be treated as if they did nothing wrong.

baumblume

>It's going to be Pietro's fault. It's always his fault.
    Wanda’s entire character arc is literally just:

• do something fucked up

• take no responsibility for actions

• get away with it

• repeat
    Pietro' saves her ass .
    I'm still salty that Wanda is considered by so many people an innocent cinnamon roll who needs to be protected but meanwhile Pietro is considered a villain who has never done a good thing in his life

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    I believe Wanda's issue with Pietro regarding House of M and M-Day was that Pietro did not own his role in that tragedy, and has a habitually does not own the actions/decisions that he makes. (Keep in mind, he allowed everyone who didn't know better to think it was a skrull who was imitating him, remember?) Of course, the heroes present who knew the full truth did not put it out there either. Also, Pietro wasn't the only one who did not own up to their role in M-Day, Magneto was culpable also. Wanda just before her "death" in her talk with Magneto inferred that he hadn't revealed the full truth of what happened, in which he allowed mutant society to demonize her as if she was solely responsible for M-Day. Wanda was indeed responsible, but it publicly should have been known who shared it with her and why. I can only imagine what a person might go through emotionally, knowing they were responsible for a tragedy, yet taking on the full and sole responsibility for it when there were others (Magneto, Pietro) who strongly contributed to that tragedy. She bore the full brunt of that tragedy as if it was all and only her, which I am sure amplified her guilt over her direct role. She in her eyes appeared to the only one who got flack from the mutant community over it, while Magneto and
    appeared to be treated as if they did nothing wrong.
    Pietro saves her live.

I believe that in the last issue Wanda will do something good for mutants, and then relations between her and the mutant community will get better. Magneto will also do something to help her.

What could she do for them that they would possibly want? Ms thang can't restore them without the Life-force that's been established, & she already dealt with the monsters all she can do now is either leave or face the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What could she do for them that they would possibly want? Ms thang can't restore them without the Life-force that's been established, & she already dealt with the monsters all she can do now is either leave or face the mob.
    Really nothing short of saving them from another genocide which i dont feel they can throw in at the last minute in the next issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Wanda resurrected herself. It's apparently a nexus being thing. Which I guess they were teasing with the panels of her talking while supposedly dead. There was no cerebro.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.