Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They could have made one without having the X-men license
    I recall some compared Wanda/Vision to House of M when the series was hitting the streaming services. Which makes sense since it was basicly Hosue of M lite (Wanda creating a fake ideal world because of a traumatic loss), which is also why they can't repeat it with her in the MCU again, since people would just call BS on repeating the idea.

That being said, House of M, as in a story about a fake "utopia" in which Magneto rules Earth with mutants as an oppressive majority, could still get adapted. It would just be heavily altered from the comics like Civil War was, which i would argue would include removing Decimination as aftermath and Wanda as culprit for both.

The X-men line has plenty of characters capable of creating such a scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok but like M-Day only hit canon fodder mutants anyone who was relevant was quickly repowered, & judging from the Mob on her ass at the end it seems most of her "victims" are back or at least about to hit the Crucible, so like is it really that deep? Cause like at the end of the day can't none of em whoop her ass.
    Are you under the impression that no mutant can beat Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Are you under the impression that no mutant can beat Wanda?
    I mean sh*t considering Wanda had to save the whole island seems that way, *shrugs* though my mind was kinda thinking her "Victims" can't whoop her. I'm still shook the main sh*t talker Exodus has been hiding this whole time ain't nothing but Space & opportunity.

I mean sh*t considering Wanda had to save the whole island seems that way, *shrugs* though my mind was kinda thinking her "Victims" can't whoop her. I'm still shook the main sh*t talker Exodus has been hiding this whole time ain't nothing but Space & opportunity.
    Isn't he still the prime suspect that killed her in the first place.....

Isn't he still the prime suspect that killed her in the first place.....
    No everyone on Twitter is saying Pietro now.

Ok but like M-Day only hit canon fodder mutants anyone who was relevant was quickly repowered, & judging from the Mob on her ass at the end it seems most of her "victims" are back or at least about to hit the Crucible, so like is it really that deep? Cause like at the end of the day can't none of em whoop her ass.
    It still hit characters we cared about, or the those our favorites cared about. We saw the characters struggle. Young X-Men was practically dedicated to the fallout of M-Day and how royally it screwed over the cast. (Along with now the older X-Men failed them, but that's neither here nor there.)

Even ignoring the survivors who still had their powers, the depowered had to get their powers back by dying. The people who were resurrected after dying were still killed originally. Even if things are better now, the characters still had to deal with Decimation. They lived or died through it, that's part of them now. That doesn't magically go away just because things have gotten better.
    Last edited by Rift; 12-01-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

it really isn't. Wanda didn't "just do a horrible thing"

She brought the mutants the closest to extinction. Talk about all the villains you want but she got the closest to ending mutants. The academy X kids honestly thought they were the last generation of mutants
    So that time Cassandra Nova exterminated all of Genosha...or the High Evolutionary and Sinister did attempt to depower all mutants and almost suceeded....or the Inhumans inadvertently poisoning all mutants to near-death...or literally any time a Trask messes around with Sentinels.

But you know, Gorgon, Selene, and frigging Nazi's deserve amnesty and a second chance, but not Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    So that time Cassandra Nova exterminated all of Genosha...or the High Evolutionary and Sinister did attempt to depower all mutants and almost suceeded....or the Inhumans inadvertently poisoning all mutants to near-death...or literally any time a Trask messes around with Sentinels.

But you know, Gorgon, Selene, and frigging Nazi's deserve amnesty and a second chance, but not Wanda.
    None of that beats Wanda and she isn't a mutant.

Plus 2nd chance doesn't mean they like those people it just means they can live on the island it's not difficult to understand

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It still hit characters we cared about, or the those our favorites cared about. We saw the characters struggle. Young X-Men was practically dedicated to the fallout of M-Day and how royally it screwed over the cast. (Along with now the older X-Men failed them, but that's neither here nor there.)

Even ignoring the survivors who still had their powers, the depowered had to get their powers back by dying. The people who were resurrected after dying were still killed originally. Even if things are better now, the characters still had to deal with Decimation. They lived or died through it, that's part of them now. That doesn't magically go away just because things have gotten better.
    Actually very good points. We readers might discount their trauma because they're just fictional characters to us, but for them, it was (and remains) all too real.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

No everyone on Twitter is saying Pietro now.
    trying to run from a speedster when you have no powers....

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This issue seemed to be stronger than others, but this series overall is still a huge miss for me.

The Wanda focus made the story better, but it isn't very compelling still. The change in artists was very jarring, and it didn't gel well at all. Too many characters and I still don't feel much for Wanda. Williams heart is in the right place, but editorial stretching this out really hurt the story, and her dialogue isn't particularly strong either. She had the same problem in X-Factor, but it's more apparent here.

None of that beats Wanda and she isn't a mutant.

Plus 2nd chance doesn't mean they like those people it just means they can live on the island it's not difficult to understand
    It's why I just wanted them to have mutants move on. I don't feel at all that they can really redeem Wanda. Even now that she's rebooted I guess to an 80s version of herself. It was still done. Even people being brought back and repowered, it still happened. So there just needs to be closure for mutants. They need to keep Wanda in her corner away from them. Genocide cannot be undone. That should be the lesson for Marvel. I doubt they'll learn it though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's why I just wanted them to have mutants move on. I don't feel at all that they can really redeem Wanda. Even now that she's rebooted I guess to an 80s version of herself. It was still done. Even people being brought back and repowered, it still happened. So there just needs to be closure for mutants. They need to keep Wanda in her corner away from them. Genocide cannot be undone. That should be the lesson for Marvel. I doubt they'll learn it though.
    We've been "Moving past" M-day for almost 2 decades now. We aren't going to actually move past what happened, and I doubt the fandom or the books are going to either.

I think Magneto hasn't gotten like more than 3 lines of actual dialogue between the previous issue and this one lol And geez, ​Quicksilver completed disappeared from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    We've been "Moving past" M-day for almost 2 decades now. We aren't going to actually move past what happened, and I doubt the fandom or the books are going to either.
    Especially not with the quality of books like this.