Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Wanda resurrects herself without help from the overrated "5" proving that she is superior to them as she should be, I love happy endings.

By the way, Wanda's children are super annoying, if they go to limbo I won't miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Kind of? I think Wanda will stay not a mutant. But Mags will consider himself like a father (like he said in the beginning) but there will be no biological link. We do have one more issue to go though.
    And I'm hoping that last issue does something to make this event matter. If we're not restoring Wanda as a mutant then...what the **** was the outcome of this whole thing supposed to be? Revisiting her past mistakes and traumas for the umpteenth time? Mutants realizing how fucked it is to put everything on her while still letting one of the people responsible for her mental breakdown hold a position of power in their society? Like...what the hell are we building up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And I'm hoping that last issue does something to make this event matter. If we're not restoring Wanda as a mutant then...what the **** was the outcome of this whole thing supposed to be? Revisiting her past mistakes and traumas for the umpteenth time? Mutants realizing how fucked it is to put everything on her while still letting one of the people responsible for her mental breakdown hold a position of power in their society? Like...what the hell is this whole thing building up to?
    Gambit's abs reveal, clearly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And I'm hoping that last issue does something to make this event matter. If we're not restoring Wanda as a mutant then...what the **** was the outcome of this whole thing supposed to be? Revisiting her past mistakes and traumas for the umpteenth time? Mutants realizing how fucked it is to put everything on her while still letting one of the people responsible for her mental breakdown hold a position of power in their society? Like...what the hell are we building up to?
    Reconciliation between her and her fellow mutants. Wanda has never spoken to the mutant population on what she did, and stand firm surrounding those events.

It’s a good idea.

BANNED

Kind of? I think Wanda will stay not a mutant. But Mags will consider himself like a father (like he said in the beginning) but there will be no biological link. We do have one more issue to go though.
    I think this series won’t fully address that. Marvel will completely undo the retcon in a separate series or origin story. This is just buildup.

As we all know the Maximoffs raised the Macimoff twins, so unless he is their biological father there is no reason for him to care.

No he has leaks and rumors for you. We don't know what is going on in the MCU yet.
    This comment put a smile on my face.

Extraordinary Member

They don't have time to reconcile her to the mutants in one issue. They did more work to reconcile her to mutants in "Avengers vs. X-Men" than here (and I'm not defending "Avengers vs. X-Men").

This just feels like it was cynically promoted to reach the people who wanted to see the retcons undone, and the people who had just seen Wanda's show and wanted to read a comic about her, while not putting in anything that would satisfy either group. New readers would have no idea what's going on and longtime readers have seen all this before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    This comment put a smile on my face.
    I mean, do you really think we know everything about what's going to happen in the movie? At this point "these leaks don't tell the whole story" seems reasonable, along with "anonymous leaks by people on the internet are not always 100% reliable."

Maybe it's cope, but honestly I think Wanda's fans are more likely to believe horrible rumors about her future, not less.
    Last edited by gurkle; 12-01-2021 at 09:43 PM.

No. But Jean started the trend.
    Jean With the Phoenix force,.... No regular jean, so no is valid, is a PForce thing

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I mean, do you really think we know everything about what's going to happen in the movie? At this point "these leaks don't tell the whole story" seems reasonable, along with "anonymous leaks by people on the internet are not always 100% reliable."

Maybe it's cope, but honestly I think Wanda's fans are more likely to believe horrible rumors about her future, not less.
    No. I legit found the way he/she responded to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think this series won’t fully address that. Marvel will completely undo the retcon in a separate series or origin story. This is just buildup.

As we all know the Maximoffs raised the Macimoff twins, so unless he is their biological father there is no reason for him to care.
    Hey if you wanna hold on to that hope, that's all on you, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

She and it's nothing against you. It's the internet rumor mill. They've let me down too many times. I'm gonna have them at my funeral someday.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, OK. I'm sorry for the way I responded to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Those are some lips on Doug then, lol
    If I had lips like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Jean With the Phoenix force,.... No regular jean, so no is valid, is a PForce thing
    Jean has done this twice already without the PF, I'm prerty sure.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 12-01-2021 at 10:17 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

To no one's surprise, mutantkind wasn't able to do much of anything until Wanda fixed her own mess and anyone not bringing her a warm blanket and cocoa comes off as a big meanie jerk. The sight of "heroes" protecting poow wittle Wanda victim will never be an hilarious disgrace to anything even vaguely resembling sentient half-decency, lol. Oh well.

A few thoughts:

1. This was less awful than less issue. No argument there.
    2. Where is Exodus?
    3. LMAO at Gambit taking off his top for... tactical reasons. I think.
    4. Where is Exodus??
    5. LMAO at that Captains' meeting. No wonder Bishop was so surprised at the promotion.
    6. Where is Exodus???
    7. LMAO at Pissed Off Random Blonde Mutant (???) wigging out over Wanda.
    8. WHERE. IS. EXODUS?????

Anyway. Weird read. Better than expected storywise, but didn't expect the meta to be that godawful/cheesy.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 12-01-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Jean has done this twice already without the PF, I'm prerty sure.
    Venomized #5. Also, isn't it interesting that detractors like to ignore the retcon that the first Phoenix/Dark Phoenix was a clone of Jean, but when it comes to acknowledging that Claremont created Phoenix as an extension of Jean's powers, i.e., there was no "Force," suddenly the retcon counts?

Also, while I do hope Wanda is allowed to move on and grow from this, the comparisons to Jean and the Dark Phoenix Saga are getting tiresome. Being the Phoenix resulted in Jean being absent from comics for a combined 20 years, during which her entire family was massacred by the Shi'ar due to the Dark Phoenix's crimes and she remained officially dead. Granted, she did have a fantastic seven-year run as a time-displaced teenager in the interim, but even then she was kidnapped, put on trial ("The Trial of Jean Grey"), and attacked for the decimation of D'Bari.

It's also important to note that Jean has consistently acknowledged that she played a part in the decimation of D'Bari, including as recently as X-Men #4, even though it has been established that it was a clone of her that was both imbued with a fragment of her essence and subjected to approximately a year of psychic and physical abuse (let's call it what it was) that committed that unintentional crime. As I've noted before, the Dark Phoenix didn't just decide and say, "No more D'barians."

Finally, Wanda deserved a better story than this. Frankly, I am shocked that something this shoddy and amateurish reached publication.

Personal wish: That Jean had been written as a more prominent figure in this story (surprise!) and not by someone who clearly has no grasp of who she is as a character. More than anyone else on Krakoa, or Earth, for that matter, she would understand and empathize with Wanda's plight and trauma, and the two could have had some beautiful and poignant scenes between them that addressed grief, loss, guilt, and redemption, especially considering their long history. /endrant