Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    she really is horrible omg hahaha
    He convinced Wanda to change reality because he was afraid the heroes were coming to kill her. He didn't make her say "No more mutants," or cause her to have a breakdown and attack the Avengers in the first place.
    No possession and her life of torment sent her down that path. No one blamed Pietro for it, so not sure what you are on about.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? I thought we were discussing Pietro?
    you says Pietro 's irrelevant.

baumblume

the character Pietro was completely thrown under the bus in an attempt to fit Wanda's ****.

the character Pietro was completely thrown under the bus in an attempt to fit Wanda's ****.
    No he was not. Wanda even thanks her sons for helping her. So she saw in them what Pietro always did for her. You are just being insecure.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-01-2021 at 02:23 PM.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No it was not. Wanda even thanks her sons for helping her. So she saw in them what Pietro always did for her. You are just being insecure.

Wanda is abusive towards so many people in comics. Wanda does all the time. She does something bad, she gets coddled by everyone around her and then faces no true consequences. The narrative never treats her appropriately to me, and it sucks.

Wanda is abusive towards so many people in comics. Wanda does all the time. She does something bad, she gets coddled by everyone around her and then faces no true consequences. The narrative never treats her appropriately to me, and it sucks.
    Abusive towards whom?

Astonishing Member

Sigh, I miss Busiek’s avengers run. And I’m getting real tired of the genocide line. Hasn’t Jean Grey, oh wait I’m sorry, Dark Phoenix, committed genocide when it ate that star? Has every story involving Jean since brought that up like the sword of Damocles over her head? Have we had multiple books pop up every decade trying to go after Jean with her victims going after her? Has it been the whole sum of her character for the last twenty or so years in the eyes of the writers? I don’t think so since apparently according to Dugan her worst nightmare is people criticizing the Marvel girl costume.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm mostly enjoying the story, but the execution is messy. I understand that to preserve the ongoing mystery some explanations had to be delayed, but there were some scenes in this issue that were told out of sequence that would have really helped the overall flow of the story if they had just been in earlier issues and presented a more straightforward timeline. The series also feels more cluttered than it needs to be, trying to do too much by including too many characters, it would have benefited from being pared down to just X-Factor and the Maximoff/Magnet family. It also would have helped if the art had been more consistent.

baumblume

I wonder how many people have actually read Avengers Disassembled. Or remember that it happened BEFORE House of M.

It could very well be. They mentioned nexus several times in her show.
    Not to mention this is all happening in a X-Book and Xavier is rumored to be supporting character in Multiverse of Madness. Recently, producer Nat Moore referred to the main timeline as the “616” just like the characters in the film do according to the leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm mostly enjoying the story, but the execution is messy. I understand that to preserve the ongoing mystery some explanations had to be delayed, but there were some scenes in this issue that were told out of sequence that would have really helped the overall flow of the story if they had just been in earlier issues and presented a more straightforward timeline. The series also feels more cluttered than it needs to be, trying to do too much by including too many characters, it would have benefited from being pared down to just X-Factor and the Maximoff/Magnet family. It also would have helped if the art had been more consistent.
    The excess of characters makes the story feel so suffocating. There's no need for the 3000 random nameless mutants in the background.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how many people have actually read Avengers Disassembled. Or remember that it happened BEFORE House of M.
    Considering I was complaining about stuff Byrne and Bendis was doing to her specifically that ruined her character, citing another Bendis story as evidence that she was always like this isn’t exactly a winning argument

I started reading well before HoM. So yes, I remember everything from that era and on. And read all of the Avengers issues.

Better than last issue. That’s about I’ll I’ve got for this one. I hope Leah Williams has a long and successful writing career but far away from the X-books. I really don’t like her stuff.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

No he was not. Wanda even thanks her sons for helping her. So she saw in them what Pietro always did for her. You are just being insecure.
    Fam it’s not worth it. You’re gonna tire yourself out over this.