Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Stay on topic please.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    No. But Jean started the trend.
    More like pheonix started the tend... But do go off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Genocide should never be forgotten. That shouldn't be the take from any of it. It should always focus on mutants finally healing and moving on.
    All in all this would have been better if wanda stayed out of mutant buisness, there is no reason in heaven and on earth for them to cross paths...yet since marvel wants to squeeze forgiveness from x-fans and mutants we are forced to see this ****.which soo far has justified exactly why the mutants should keep hating wanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Sigh, I miss Busiek’s avengers run. And I’m getting real tired of the genocide line. Hasn’t Jean Grey, oh wait I’m sorry, Dark Phoenix, committed genocide when it ate that star? Has every story involving Jean since brought that up like the sword of Damocles over her head? Have we had multiple books pop up every decade trying to go after Jean with her victims going after her? Has it been the whole sum of her character for the last twenty or so years in the eyes of the writers? I don’t think so since apparently according to Dugan her worst nightmare is people criticizing the Marvel girl costume.
    That wasn't jean all that happened during the pheonix saga wasn't jean as it was revealed that the pheonix cloned jean whilst keeping her in a cocoon underwater.
    So no jean never ate the sun and destroy an entire race. But she still till this day feels guilty for something she didn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    All in all this would have been better if wanda stayed out of mutant buisness, there is no reason in heaven and on earth for them to cross paths...yet since marvel wants to squeeze forgiveness from x-fans and mutants we are forced to see this ****.which soo far has justified exactly why the mutants should keep hating wanda.
    It's absolutely realistic to never expect forgiveness. Marvel went too far. And never had anything planned for a way out. They also poked the bear by feeding into Avengers vs. X-Men fan fights during AvX. They fed the flames. No matter what happens in the books, it's not gonna be easy for fans. Because there is still that bitter taste from all of it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's predictable but I can deal with it and it fits with Wanda's history
    Why would he kill her? She is literally his lightning rod his most powerful "asset"

BANNED

It's absolutely realistic to never expect forgiveness. Marvel went too far. And never had anything planned for a way out. They also poked the bear by feeding into Avengers vs. X-Men fan fights during AvX. They fed the flames. No matter what happens in the books, it's not gonna be easy for fans. Because there is still that bitter taste from all of it.
    Wasn't she doing better away from mutants too? I thought she had a boyfriend and had a cute job teaching or whatever. Now this trash.

Wasn't she doing better away from mutants too? I thought she had a boyfriend and had a cute job teaching or whatever. Now this trash.
    Yeah she had her own thing going on when she was in comics. The Zub stuff too was pretty good for her. Which is why I wanted her kept away from Krakoa. I could see that going bad and just being a situation where the wound gets re-opened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Considering Apocalypse, Magneto, and others are chilling on Krakoa, it’s pretty apparent for Krakoa, genocide is very easy to forgive people for.
    If wanda was a mutant she would be chilling on krakoa though I doubt she would feel comfortable. The thing is all if not most mutants agreed to forgive the worst of Them in order for krakoa to work. And even then many xmen have eyes at their backs when dealing with these people.

BANNED

Yeah she had her own thing going on when she was in comics. The Zub stuff too was pretty good for her. Which is why I wanted her kept away from Krakoa. I could see that going bad and just being a situation where the wound gets re-opened.
    I think it's because certain fans wanted wanda to become a mutant and join in the fun on krakoa. But in all honestly the island is messy as f. The fun is superficial and with all the enemies they are accumulating, true wanda fans would want her far away from there since it can't be good for her mental health.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Wiccan shouldn't have to tell Prodigy that metal can be enchanted. David probably knows more than him about magic.
    Apparently wiccan is the demiurge who is like the once and future king of magic and will be omnipotent and rewrite the rules of magic and shall reign forever more.

I think it's because certain fans wanted wanda to become a mutant and join in the fun on krakoa. But in all honestly the island is messy as f. The fun is superficial and with all the enemies they are accumulating, true wanda fans would want her far away from there since it can't be good for her mental health.
    And plus I don't want my fave possibly antagonizing mutants further. Which is what they did with the kaijus. It was destined to be a mess.

Astonishing Member

That wasn't jean all that happened during the pheonix saga wasn't jean as it was revealed that the pheonix cloned jean whilst keeping her in a cocoon underwater.
    So no jean never ate the sun and destroy an entire race. But she still till this day feels guilty for something she didn't do.
    So what you are saying is they successfully retconned the story to absolve Jean of any guilt for that incident. They tried that with Wanda in Children’s Crusade. It got rejected. If anything the fact that Jean got retconned out of responsibility for what happened actually makes the comparision more apt I feel.

Like people, I’m aware of the entire Dark Phoenix thing. My entire point is that so many X-characters either get fresh slates (Why did Wolverine vouch for Gorgon so he could get his position on Krakoa anyway), or get retconned away (Magneto and Xorn, Dark Phoenix, I’m sure we will inevitably get one for Beast as well). Whenever Wanda gets retcons, it tends to be in the opposite direction (Thanks for that Dissassembled)

Astonishing Member

There was a decent solo series under Robinson, Zub also apparently had further ideas but they got shut down so they could put her in this and…Darkhold, where she’s taking a backseat to dark multiverse version of other marvel characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    it really isn't. Wanda didn't "just do a horrible thing"

She brought the mutants the closest to extinction. Talk about all the villains you want but she got the closest to ending mutants. The academy X kids honestly thought they were the last generation of mutants
    And I guess it hurts more cause they believed her to he a hero so this was a betrayal and to find out in too that she was never truly a mutant? Yh this wasn't going to go down well.