Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

So frustrating that Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force keeps getting brought up on Trial of Magneto threads, go away.
    Echo has the Phoenix Force now move on.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    So what you are saying is they successfully retconned the story to absolve Jean of any guilt for that incident. They tried that with Wanda in Children’s Crusade. It got rejected. If anything the fact that Jean got retconned out of responsibility for what happened actually makes the comparision more apt I feel.

Like people, I’m aware of the entire Dark Phoenix thing. My entire point is that so many X-characters either get fresh slates (Why did Wolverine vouch for Gorgon so he could get his position on Krakoa anyway), or get retconned away (Magneto and Xorn, Dark Phoenix, I’m sure we will inevitably get one for Beast as well). Whenever Wanda gets retcons, it tends to be in the opposite direction (Thanks for that Dissassembled)
    Because house of m is literally wanda's greatest story and the single biggest feat she ever pulled. Many fans like to use house of M as a point of reference of how powerful wanda can be they use it in battles and they use it in arguments to demonstrate just how potent she really is but when it comes to genocide they want to forget about it. No one who knows comic lore, attributes what happened to the alien race to Jean it was dark pheonix, and pheonix herself stated several times that there was no Jean only the pheonix so it wasn't really a retcon rather a revelation after establishing the entity as a cosmic being. Pheonix is not jean they are both separate entities.

But house of M wanda is wanda. And they did try to retcon it away saying it was doom's fault but the sheer nature of the atrocity committed didn't let that stick in the mind of most fans. Because it doesn't matter, in the end it was still wanda who said those words. The nature of the atrocity is soo hideous it is only rivaled by when marvel itself wanted to kill off the entire mutant race and replace them with the inhumans.

That's why I advocate for Wanda and the the mutants just staying away from each other because telling mutants to just get over it or move on or stop hating wanda is a level of insensitivity I don't think rationality can process.
    But hey it's just comics right? It's not that deep, these muties are being snowflakes and too sensitive that one they thought was their own almost wiped them out and gave most of them a fate worst that death.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-02-2021 at 12:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So frustrating that Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force keeps getting brought up on Trial of Magneto threads, go away.
    Trying to make jean seem like a genocidal maniac when that is not the case. Pheonix is not jean it's actions are kit Jean's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And plus I don't want my fave possibly antagonizing mutants further. Which is what they did with the kaijus. It was destined to be a mess.
    This whole event was unecessary and only served one purpose to get more money. The next issue is what eyes are on but how many.

So is Wanda in a younger body now? Because Wiccan said that she was basically from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    No one who knows comic lore, attributes what happened to the alien race to Jean it was dark pheonix, and pheonix herself stated several times that there was no Jean only the pheonix so it wasn't really a retcon rather a revelation after establishing the entity as a cosmic being. Pheonix is not jean they are both separate entities.
    The Watcher literally stated that Jean did what she did because of the human tendency to give into passion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Those 2 are like C or D-List X-men though Marvel probably thought they weren't needed/valued. And are we still dealing with it I can't recall the last time we had a Crucible. The 5 are probably on Genosha victims at this point.
    They certainly aren't Cannon fodder like you were claiming and others like wind dancer had their lives ruined by being depowered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    So is Wanda in a younger body now? Because Wiccan said that she was basically from the past.

The Watcher literally stated that Jean did what she did because of the human tendency to give into passion.
    Mmmmm and cannon says that jean wasn't there it was the pheonix that did that whilst she was underwater. So which would I believe the watcher or it's master. I guess marvel cannon it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean sh*t considering Wanda had to save the whole island seems that way, *shrugs* though my mind was kinda thinking her "Victims" can't whoop her. I'm still shook the main sh*t talker Exodus has been hiding this whole time ain't nothing but Space & opportunity.
    I mean does he need to come out and do anything? Wanda has been doing all his work for him afterall a disaster would always be a disaster. And if Leah doesn't have a master plan for the last issue to redeem wanda which I doubt she has. Exodus is about to get a whole lot popular with the mutants and make radical believers of them. It is literally a genius cult move.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post

Yes Wanda resurrected herself and is younger. Seemingly sometime after she started dating the Vision. So 70s to 80s max.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Isn’t the blond one Magma? She currently has that Ellen hairstyle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It still hit characters we cared about, or the those our favorites cared about. We saw the characters struggle. Young X-Men was practically dedicated to the fallout of M-Day and how royally it screwed over the cast. (Along with now the older X-Men failed them, but that's neither here nor there.)

Even ignoring the survivors who still had their powers, the depowered had to get their powers back by dying. The people who were resurrected after dying were still killed originally. Even if things are better now, the characters still had to deal with Decimation. They lived or died through it, that's part of them now. That doesn't magically go away just because things have gotten better.
    Not to mention that mutants as a whole are not fodder. Their sruggle resonate with many marginalized people in the real world. Many see themselves in them. The xmen are not the entire mutant race. So these people saying that well it was fodder that died and suffered the most so we shouldn't really give a ****, is dumb. Seeing as the entire race is sooo synched with many peoples experiences in the real world. Hence why the backlash when marvel decide to give mutants the plague to kill them off for the inhumans. People care about them a lot they aren't fodder.

You could write an entire thesis on the topic of toxic and selective forgiveness from this entire relaunch. Certain atrocities are played up as unforgivable while others are ignored. Characters who have done worse and more personal crimes to good characters with zero remorse or apologies get more sympathy than others. And its not just Wanda. I'm still baffled at how Way of X handled Lost and Cortez. Get over your trauma, Lost, otherwise Onslaught will kill us all! Blech.

That kind of analysis I don't feel motivated to go through without somebody paying me. Too much work.

BANNED

Pretty sure it will be brought up next issue. Mutants have caused massive deaths as well. Dark Phoenix, Onslaught especially. How many people has Logan killed. Exodus. Selene. Apcalypse. If all these people can be given second chances so too can Wanda Maximoff.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

lolol it's the whaboutism from that side that sends me

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Double post. My eye is twitching from reading this thread.