Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    So? Vita pretty much has nothing to do with any of this. It's not like she has any real control over it.
    I'm not blaming Vita for the delay in publication but Marvel for putting this title as 'unimportant'. Their action is going to kill interest in this title and result in lower sales.

This storyline has been stretched too long from ish#14 until #24. It would have been better if it was wrapped up in 3-4 issues without a lot of unnecessary subplots involving the newer kids.

I might be wrong about this but the sales figure will tell the truth.
    Last edited by ericng; 12-05-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I'm not blaming Vita for the delay in publication but Marvel for putting this title as 'unimportant'. Their action is going to kill interest in this title and result in lower sales.

This storyline has been stretched too long from ish#14 until #24. It would have been better if it was wrapped up in 3-4 issues without a lot of unnecessary subplots involving the newer kids.

I might be wrong about this but the sales figure will tell the truth.
    Dude you’ve been anxiously waiting for the sales figures of this book to drop every month. All for what? So that when they do drop (as most Marvel books do after 20+ issues) you can say “I told you so” and complain about the writer some more?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

This would have been a logical conclusion to the arc. The delays were not Vita's fault.
    My flag is bacon.

Mighty Member

Yeah, Marvel makes movies that make millions. I doubt they care too much if a book sells 20K or 40K. That's not why they got the rights back.

I dont agree with Eric on alot but he's not wrong about this plotline dragging out and the delays have only made the pacing feel worse

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont agree with Eric on alot but he's not wrong about this plotline dragging out and the delays have only made the pacing feel worse
    It's not really draging things out, it's creating points where the story can branch out in different directions without creating massive internal conflicts.

Take the issue of Dani's and Rahne's bond for instance. That can be looked at without all that stupid sexual baggage being tossed into it as in the way Vita had Illyana take notice about it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-06-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    What's so funny about this is that he keeps going on and on about sales figures, but doesn't seem to realize that comic books will never again have the sort of sales figures they had during the 60's,70's 80's and 90's, mostly because they are no longer sold at your local corner store or other places where they pretty much were an impulse buy as you were getting something else.
    What is so funny about comparing sales figures? Marvel use it all the time. X-Men was discontinued in the 1970 due to low sales figure, didn't it?

We are not comparing today's sales figures with the 80s and 90s but contemporary sales figures and how it compares with the other X-titles in the past few months.

If obscure titles such as Hellions can beat the sales figure of another X-title such as Excalibur, it does tell which X-title is more popular, doesn't it?

Mighty Member

I reread this issue today and I noticed that this is the first time that I've seen Karma use a sword to fight. That looks like an Asian sword...

Has she ever used a sword to fight an enemy before?

Incredible Member

I reread this issue today and I noticed that this is the first time that I've seen Karma use a sword to fight. That looks like an Asian sword...

Has she ever used a sword to fight an enemy before?
    Used to practice sword fighting with Warbird in Astonishing X-Men, and had a sword in New Mutants Special Edition and while in limbo during Well's run I think.

Incredible Member

What is so funny about comparing sales figures? Marvel use it all the time. X-Men was discontinued in the 1970 due to low sales figure, didn't it?

We are not comparing today's sales figures with the 80s and 90s but contemporary sales figures and how it compares with the other X-titles in the past few months.

If obscure titles such as Hellions can beat the sales figure of another X-title such as Excalibur, it does tell which X-title is more popular, doesn't it?
    Not really. Only in the comics book stores that take part in that particular survey you're quoting from.

Marvel most likely has an better idea of what's going on with their products than these surveys do.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-07-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

I personally feel that the teaser of Amahl becoming the new Apocalypse should have been an overarching arc, because I find that it offered bigger stakes down the line, even if SK had/has a hidden agenda.Now I feel it was resolved too quickly.Unfortunately it's a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I personally feel that the teaser of Amahl becoming the new Apocalypse should have been an overarching arc, because I find that it offered bigger stakes down the line, even if SK had/has a hidden agenda.Now I feel it was resolved too quickly.Unfortunately it's a missed opportunity.
    When was that teased?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When was that teased?
    It wasn't.

I just read on the GoCollect Extended Forecast that issue #26 is cancelled.
    #25 still seems to be on for April, but they’re supposedly starting a new story arc with that issue.
    Even though they said they were going to stick with ongoing numbering, have they decided to go with a new #1 in May? Is #25, Indeed, still a go??

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I just read on the GoCollect Extended Forecast that issue #26 is cancelled.
    #25 still seems to be on for April, but they’re supposedly starting a new story arc with that issue.
    Even though they said they were going to stick with ongoing numbering, have they decided to go with a new #1 in May? Is #25, Indeed, still a go??
    Interesting... guess we'll have to wait on April or even May solicits to confirm.