Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

And our own ImperiusWrecks has compiled an amazing collection of panels featuring Namor's battle cry here:
    omg Rev, you reminded me I still need to finish this! Something for me to do in the new year XD
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    [/CENTER]
    What is this panel from? I don't remember seeing it before?
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hey, nice stuff so far. You might want to use the Sturm und Drang arc Priest's Black Panther run (pretty sure you've read it)... just a suggestion. You might not have cared for that appearance but I like the characters interaction.

...Reminds me that I better start gathering stuff for the sometimes annual Twelve Days of Santa Doom
    Yessssss! Santa Doom! Which reminds me. I need to change my avatar.

I haven't settled on all the posts, so we'll see. Now I need to try and catch up. whew!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    omg Rev, you reminded me I still need to finish this! Something for me to do in the new year XD
    Finish it?? Isn't it an ongoing work? I did notice the side blog link was gone, and I had to access the list by the Imperious Rex Tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    What is this panel from? I don't remember seeing it before?
    I don't recall seeing it either, but I found it on IW's feed that I linked. I think it is Del Mundo, but it could be Acuna. At first, I thought it was from the Captain America Tribute book, where they had modern artists recreate the pages of Avengers #4, because that's definitely a Silver Age Iron Man armor. But I didn't find the page there.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Default 21 Days to Christmas 2021

21 Days to Christmas

2021 - BRIDGE BETWEEN WORLDS

As I said at the start, I can relate to how Namor struggles to find his place in the worlds of both his parents. One idealized role he repeatedly attempts, sometimes more successful than others, is to serve as the bridge between the sea and the surface.

Even his goddess, Cleito, reveals it is his dual nature that allows him to do what others cannot ... like hold a shard of the Nexus of All Realities.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Default 21 Days to Christmas Redux 2015

21 Days to Christmas

2015 - Namor Stops the Atlantean Invasion!

From Sub-Mariner #21, we have Namor trying to STOP an Atlantean invasion of the surface world. In a previous issue, where Namor saved the Earth (again) from ocean stealing space aliens, said aliens had removed his gills so that he could not live underwater. He was trapped on the surface world and as Lady Dorma explains ...

So, an event where the water of the oceans are getting sucked out into space, which would wipe out the Atlanteans immediately, and it's Namor doing???

Regardless, the Elders and the Warlords obviously say .... invade!

WTF, Lord Seth? Didn't you get Namor's message via Triton? (see above) Plus you are bringing along Atlantis' nuke, the Horn of Proteus?? This highlights something about those alleged Atlantean invasions -- they often aren't exactly Namor's idea.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-11-2021 at 12:54 AM.

Default 21 Days to Christmas Redux 2015

Namor is even wondering if he's going to be fighting for the airbreathers!

Stopping the tank from starting a war, but without killing the airbreathers inside. Namor is such a villain! ; p

Through another misunderstanding, Lady Dorma's flag ship gets blown up and everyone thinks she's dead, including Lord Seth, who in his grief for a woman he secretly loves, uses the Horn of Proteus to bring down his vengeance on the airbreathers.

Namor is obviously on the side of peace and no killing, as he saves the US Navy ship from giant sea turtles.

"There must be no killing ... by man or beast!"

These are the best. Well they could be.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

awesome posts Rev!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    These are the best. Well they could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    awesome posts Rev!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Now if only I can find the time.

Default 20 Days to Christmas 2021

20 Days to Christmas

2021 - SACRIFICIAL KING

There are a lot of perks to being king, which I'm certain Namor indulges in. But there are also responsibilities. While we've seen Namor chafe at some of them, he never hesitates at the ultimate responsibility, protecting people, especially his people. Which is entirely appropriate, given his name itself means Avenging Son. During the Silver and Bronze Age, this was mainly shown in typical superhero fashion, by doing the "right" thing. In the modern age, however, we see the true cost of being a true king, willing to sacrifice all for his people.

Even when he was young, in his early 20s, the Invaders recognized, that Namor would sacrifice himself -- he would take the heat for them -- no matter what anyone else thought.

In a flashback to WWII, from Invaders Now, the Invaders are put in a no-win situation, where the populace of an European village has been infected by the Nazis with an extremely contagious, painful, deforming disease, that turns people into rampaging killing machines. There's no time to find a cure, the Allies are on their way. Their only solution is to kill the monsters ... and then they find some newly infected villagers who haven't turned yet.

Default 20 Days to Christmas 2021

While the rest of the Invaders can handle killing "monsters" trying to kill them, they stand back and leave it to Namor to deliver a merciful death to the still all too human villagers. It's a heartbreaking scene of sacrifice and responsibility, where Namor once again "takes the heat" for his team mates, for the villagers -- because a king has to protect.

By the modern age, and to the most awful choice of all, where all his ideals and his self are sacrificed to save two universes.

And Namor makes it clear the cost of being king.

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-12-2021 at 03:15 AM.

Default 20 Days to Christmas Redux 2015

20 Days to Christmas

2015 - Namor Sacrifices Much for the Big Picture
    SAVING THE WORLD

Moving on to something more modern, from Sub-Mariner Revolution, which took place after Civil War. In that event, it was revealed that Atlantis had spies and sleeper cells in the US -- which is apparently okay for any surface nations, but totally unacceptable for underwater nations. ; p

Unfortunately, Namor has an Atlantean faction who want his job, and they've got an unauthorized sleeper cell that blows up a small town in Kansas, leaving evidence that points to Atlantis. When Namor hears of this, he confronts his Council ...

Needless to say, the Council and the Atlanteans aren't being portrayed as good hearted as they were back in Subby #6, but as willing to go to war as they were Subby #21.

Tony Stark, representing SHIELD, the military, and the government, decide the only solution is to lay siege to Atlantis ... which is a huge upgrade for SHIELD, which apparently now have a big navy, and even bigger hubris.

The rest of the mini-series, Namor tracks down his rogue Atlantean terrorists and brings them to Atlantis in a thoroughly ruthless fashion, despite being abandoned by his so-called allies, and saves a skyscraper full of airbreathers and again avoid a war.

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-12-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Default 20 Days to Christmas Redux 2015

Even Stark admits that Namor took care of business and saved airbreathers to his bosses, but he won't stop escalating the situation to war with Atlantis. Instead, it is Namor who wants to avoid war, who sees the big picture, and who makes the huge sacrifices.

And the mini-series ends with Namor executing Nitro and the terrorist and destroying his city, scattering his people across the globe to avoid a devastating war that could destroy the seas and thus the planet.

"Then even in victory, what would we be left with?"

Default 19 Days to Christmas 2021

19 Days to Christmas

2021 - ACTING!!!

I've long maintained that Namor is the BEST actor in the MU. I mean, he practically lives on the stage, performing for his people as king! He's larger than life, and a great orator -- again, necessary for a king AND an actor. And no on is a better drama queen, than his Highness. Sadly, most people don't recognize Namor's acting skills, especially when he puts them to subtler or diplomatic uses, such as the in the 1997 Inhumans series.

Default 19 Days to Christmas 2021

Sadly, all too many people who are unfamiliar with Namor think he's just being needless antagonistic, as they think that's his natural state. I honestly think, sometimes, Namor acts that way to drive people away so he won't have to deal with them. BUT ...

Later on, Namor reveals he was ACTING!!!

And let's not forget this other worthy performance (pay no attention to what Lyja thinks, as she falls for the second half of his performance) where Namor fooled both Reed and Sue, to save their marriage a second time!