Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Let's face it, they play loose and fast with Namor on these things - the way his strength or resilience varies from story to story.
    Since I don't agree with that prospect - that Triton is that old, to have known Leonard,
    we should just forget about it.
    and in this, the Inhumans kind of suffer this too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I wonder what Namor does with all those war medals?

I'm always bemused by the humans thanking Namor for their service but yet when he has legitimate complains about their actions against him then he is the crazy unreasonable one.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

18 Days to Christmas

2015 - War Hero

At least the US Navy recognized Namor as a hero.

And Namor recognized the real heroes, the men who perished at Pearl Harbor, 80 years ago today.
    Ah, love this! It seems familiar but I cant remember the issue or title.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

About Triton meeting Leonard, it seems like one of those things modern writers introduce that damage the narrative in order for them to introduce their own elements or try to "fix" something. Like Wanda and Pietro not being children of Magneto or the freaking Prehistoric Avengers.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah, love this! It seems familiar but I cant remember the issue or title.
    AVENGERS WEST COAST #71. It was Sunfire and Pele who just blasted Namor in the back.

Love this! Let's see Namor the family man!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I want to see Namor find a consort someday. Someone worthy to be Queen....(and no Emma Frost, it ain't you) Hasn't Lady Dorma been resurrected recently or did I get that wrong?

I'm not quite happy with Q and W's newer status, but overall there have been enough vague and grey areas that provide more cover for it to be:
    High Evolutionary was merely trying to create his own 'mutants', so to me the twins are artificial mutants, they seem to follow the same course in most ways (onset at puberty) but of course we know that High Evolutionary could have had access to Mr. Sinister's DNA catalog, so, it is still - in a sense - that they have some genetic relationship with Magneto, despite it all.

But Triton knowing Fen, is a lot more out of left-field for me. Show me a better context or way of seeing that.
    I've always felt that given the millennia of all these life forms, certainly other aquatic humanoids could have left their genetic and otherwise footprints with the beings who are considered Atlantean.
    But I need more context to understand Triton knowing both Fen .. . . and Leonard. (in other words more like rubbish)
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

There was some cool discussions on how Dorma could be resurrected or a clone thing perhaps.
    While I'm not against the idea of Dorma's return over all - I do/did kind of like her (looks around for Rev . . .. ) but maybe it's time for round 2 between her and Sue. This competition will be held in the most desert-ee desert on earth, lol.

Seriously, I think we should consider Attuma's daughter, Andromeda moving upwards in the overall story.
    She's been a faithful ally and defender of the realm. It could be a great story.
    Why not?
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I want to see Namor find a consort someday. Someone worthy to be Queen....(and no Emma Frost, it ain't you) Hasn't Lady Dorma been resurrected recently or did I get that wrong?
    Not resurrected, just in a new story that takes place when Namor and the gang were younger. The King In Black mini. Worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Not resurrected, just in a new story that takes place when Namor and the gang were younger. The King In Black mini. Worth checking out.
    Thanks! I think I have that mini and I got busy around the holiday last year.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I think I have that mini and I got busy around the holiday last year.
    Busiek said on Twitter that he left some open ends in case someone comes back later to pick things up but he was too busy to write more Namor at the moment, so Dorma was a disembodied voice Namor hears at the end, with an open way to somehow bring her back, and honestly I think it's beyond time that she comes back because the whole point of her death was Namor angst, well that's played out and no one really stays dead in comics so why not bring her and the old crew back to rebuild the cast for Namor
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Busiek said on Twitter that he left some open ends in case someone comes back later to pick things up but he was too busy to write more Namor at the moment, so Dorma was a disembodied voice Namor hears at the end, with an open way to somehow bring her back, and honestly I think it's beyond time that she comes back because the whole point of her death was Namor angst, well that's played out and no one really stays dead in comics so why not bring her and the old crew back to rebuild the cast for Namor
    That has been something lacking with Namor with writers over the years neglecting or killing off his supporting cast of characters like Lady Dorma, Lord Vashti, Attuma, Warlord Krang, Tiger Shark, etc.

Totally true, and of course explains why Sue and Namor will never be, because she'd have to Gordam die!

But it is time for Lady Dorma to return. Just a question of what would truly do her justice.

I don't think I would complain if she was alive all along but held somewhere (with a twist, as this is basically the Alicia/Lyja story)

but how to do that and set it apart. Also, I guess there was a body. But those things haven't stopped Marvel before.
    ~ Oberon ~

Mighty Member

To me the way to bring Dorma back is really so incredibly obvious and is the exact same way Namora was brought back. Llyra killed both Namora and Dorma. Namora was poisoned and Dorma died seemingly suffocated on Namor's arms. I would have had Dorma be a victim of Llyra's poison too but she injected it on Dorma before Namor could rescue her and it would make it seem as if Dorma had suffocated when in truth like Namora she went into a comma.

I just think Dorma's resurrection is almost already written when you are familiar with Namora's.